42143 - Ultimate Car

3776 pieces.

Originally reported to be available in August 2022, but has been delayed.

Go nuts.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

2 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Is this supposed to be the successor of 42115 Lamborghini Sian, i.e. next 'UCS' supercar?

Supposedly

Well, time to hope for normal straight wheel arches in red/white/black once more... But probably very unlikely.

My opinion is still Audi R8 green hell edition

I posted this in facebook 4 month ago

I think Audi R8 Green Hell edition with dark turquoise color is 2022's new 1:8 supercar set. Currently all 3 1:8 supercar set's company is subsidiary of volkswagen. and only last company is audi.(they has Bently also but it is not supercar-related company.)

And TLG suddenly started made lot of dark turquoise colored technic beam, connector, panel and thay already made dark turquoise colored part in past.

And as a precedent for Porsche and Bugatti, the color was used in large quantities one to two years before its launch.(Sian is not applicable, but unlike orange and azure colors, lime colors have been used steadily.)

And lastly, that 'Green Hell edition' is perfect for dark turquoise.

It won’t be an R8. It simply doesn’t have the wow factor a Bugatti or Lamborghini has. 

Is it time for an American or Japanese maker? If so, probably an NSX or Ford GT

In any case I expect an standar color: 2022 new panels and parts are mostly red, blarck or white apart from the lime bits, which obviously is not.

Without any info, I wish a Ford GT in red with white racing stripes. The slant panels from 42137 would fit well to shape the hood air intakes together with the triangled ones (#50 #51) from 42125

Edited by bitbamboo

7 minutes ago, bitbamboo said:

Is it time for an American or Japanese maker? If so, probably an NSX

I feel like that has been around for too long, and is a pretty underwhelming car all things considered.

I predict a C8 Z06 since we recently got a Raptor and a Mustang.

1 hour ago, M4rk said:

I feel like that has been around for too long, and is a pretty underwhelming car all things considered.

I predict a C8 Z06 since we recently got a Raptor and a Mustang.

Good to see someone has mentioned the Z06 as well. The recently announced one has very cool opening/closing of the back/convertible that if Lego ever implement it correctly it would be one of the best features in any Lego supercar.
In general, I think Lego definitely has some interesting (fancy) mechanism for this year's UCS car to wonder the mass what might or might not have been discussed here.

I highly doubt TLG is gonna change from European super cars 
Gonna chuck my full opinion here since these are my favourite Lego sets ever:
Ferrari - Most likely, the license is already there, prominent brand so that will attract attention and would probably sell well. Also red hasn't been used.
I would say it would probably be the LaFerrari or the SF90 Stradale
Audi - Another likely take, as the VAG license has been the theme of the last 3 UCS supercars. The theme however is "Supercars" and the real only candidate is the R8 which is more of a budget sports car than a super car.
Most likely R8 but we'll see.
Bentley - Another VAG theme, although I highly doubt this would be picked as once again Bentley doesn't really make any "Supercars"
Out of pocket but Id say a continental GT
Mclaren - Another very likely candidate, the licence is there and is once again a pretty popular name.
This is a tough one, but Id go anywhere from the Senna to the Speedtail, or even an Elva if Lego is adventurous. Probably a Dark or Light bluish grey car.
Pagani - This one is a longshot, but this is my own personal MUST HAVE, as a Huayra in red with gold wheels would take the cake for me. As I said, a longshot, but the only issues are really that Pagani is a niche brand and there is no known license yet.
If the stars align, probably a Huayra or maybe even the new C10 that was leaked.
Koenigsegg - This one is interesting as even though Koenigsegg falls under the "Niche" brand status, the new partnership with TLG for the speed champions car, specifically the Jesko, is a major giveaway I think.
A white Jesko similar to the Speed Champions car is my best bet, but an Agera RS or a Regera might also be possible.
Aston Martin - This is also another wild card but it could be possible so who knows. 
A grey DB11 or even a Valhalla and Valkyrie.

From most likely to least likely, Id say Ferrari, Koenigsegg, Mclaren

Edited by OnyyX

If I am sure of one thing, its that it won't be the "new NSX". Honda isn't really all that popular to beginn with, and the new NSX is not very well liked.

I too think it is not a worthy successor of the 90s Legend. Unlike the new Nissan Z the new NSX lost all the good looks of the original NSX.

Any hypercar from 2022 is a potential candidate but a previous licensing partner is most likely and nothing that Cada or MK did before. A white supercar is also likely judging by the new 2022 recolors of Technic parts. My best guess would be the new Koenigsegg or the Aston Martin Valhalla.

If I had to guess, I would place my bet on a Koenigsegg or an McLaren

If you look at the Speed Champions theme :

Last year (2021), there was a Koenigsegg and a McLaren released.
So that's my bet.

I predict it will be either a relatively new model of Ferrari or Mclaren, two famous exotic car brands with existing licenses. Personally, Honestly I don't really care what it will be, I'll be happy as long as it will give us wide range of new (coloured) parts. :pir-sweet:  The model itself will be undoubtedly very recognizable and well built, with a rainbow coulered chassis and compromised interior.

8 minutes ago, T Lego said:

I predict it will be either a relatively new model of Ferrari or Mclaren,

I'd say it would be anything except from these brands. There is already a McLaren Senna, and there's gonna be a McLaren F1. The Ferrari from last year is still gonna be on shelves.

I saw some article yesterday suggesting that VAG may be looking at acquiring McLaren. Should this ever come to fruition, perhaps the 2024 supercar could be a McLaren without leaving the VAG fold...

17 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I saw some article yesterday suggesting that VAG may be looking at acquiring McLaren. Should this ever come to fruition, perhaps the 2024 supercar could be a McLaren without leaving the VAG fold...

Yes, that is a deal in planing or journalist speculation... Audi engines for formula 1 McLaren and on other side VAG will take over McLaren road car (or should I say hypercar) production...and at the same time there is a plan that Porsche supply engines to Williams...old ties by Capito (at Williams F1 team)  and Siedl (at McLaren F1 team)...

I also forgot to mention that with they usually like to make cars that a VERY new, and keeping with the Koenigsegg theme, I would say it could potentially be the new car they teased a few days ago.

I've said in it the main speculation thread but I think another VAG car is nailed on.

So either a Bentley Bacalar, or if TLG are really thinking out of the box and on trend, a Rimac Nevera with no fake engine, but fake motors on each wheel.

A Jesko would actually be something I would buy! If it is something else it would need to have some innovation in suspention setup or the steering to make it interesting to me. I think both the bugatti and the Lambo had to few innovations to make them worth it. It was all standard angles, standard hubs, and very little new from the Porche, just some refinement. 

I'm hoping they would use this to launch a new set of suspention parts that allow for more realistic angles, like slight camber, kpi and caster, while at the same time maintaining correct steering angle. That would make it a must buy. A new gearbox, fake engine or RC would not impress me the same way...

_ED_

Some points from previous supercars:

It would be nice if they continued with the tradition of having  a front and rear differential, but if they are , PLEASE add a center differential, its 3 extra pieces for a much more interesting model. I also expect to see the new diffs, not the wobbly old ones.

I hope to see a lot of alternating hole beams, dogbones, biscuit joints, frames (all 3 sizes), etc

Again, a working 8 speed gearbox, flappy paddle shifter, and DNR selector.

Suspention all round and working engine.

Opening doors and movable spoiler, both with a proper mechanism, not just a simple hinge, so that it can be motorized.

A simple opening front and engine cover (a simple hinge will suffice here)

Here's the big one, that a lot of people will want: OBVIOUS points where  a motor would go! you don't even have to include motors in the set, or instructios on how to

Add them as a "motor expantion pack" because it will be obvious enough based on having a 1L axle and pins in a + shape.

This would make me very happy and a lot of others, it also means that people wont be mislead into thinking that the set comes with motors in the box.

Imagine having the features of a sian, but where you can RC the drive, steering, gear change, doors, and spoiler and without being a yob and ripping out the engine and/or gearbox.

I know it's possible because i've seen MOCs with 9 motors in, and this was before we had alternating hole beams, and the new spike prime parts.

Also this MOC was a tad smaller than say the 42115 SIAN so theres more room if it is the same size as the SIAN.

Don't want to have motors? simply leave them out.

A for the hub, well, that's a tricky one, it would have to have 2 slots where you can put a robot inventor brick (you can, instead, unofficially put 2 buwizzes in the same space)

6 ports should be fine, or 8 if using BUWIZZ 2 and 10 if its BUWIZZ 3

Edited by SNIPE

If TLG keep stick to VW group, how about ID.R?

Volkswagen_I.D._R_Pikes_Peak_at_IAA_2019

Wait, it's electric car

Edited by msk6003

I don’t think it’ll be a Bentley.

I do think it will be from a brand we’ve not had in the series, potentially Ferrari (long history of Lego models) or McLaren (but not that highly known around the World to the general public).

here’s the history so far

Porsche GT3 RS - Lego 2016 - Real Car Geneva show 2015

Bugatti Chiron - Lego 2018 - Real Car Geneva show 2016 / Chiron Sport 2018

Lamborghini Sian - Lego 2020 - Real Car 2019

So I think I’ll be something shown to the officially shown to the public last year. For info (real) cars take 4-5 years to develop and the first year the look of the car is being developed. So if you took a car 1 year old Lego could potentially have been easily involved for 3 years before then.