3 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

I found the Daytona SP3 looks even more terrible from behind :pir-bawling:.. Usually it´s the other way around when being attracted by the beauties :grin:..

2022-ferrari-daytona-sp3-rear-view-carbu

Look at this critique by Frank Stephenson:

I mean a 1:8 SUV would be a breath of fresh air for the Lego line up, but 3800 something parts is just not enough IMO. A proper SUV would need larger wheels and at least some 5.000 parts. Not to mention all the new parts for improved suspension components like larger hubs that accept new CV joints, larger disc brakes, longer suspension arms, and stronger shock absorbers like ones in BMW.

IMO it will be a proper production car and that the racing ones are reserved for the 1:10 scale, so expecing something like the SP3 Daytona.

Edited by Zerobricks

The words "Ferrari" "Ultimate" and "Supercar" don't belong together in one sentence :wink:

I think LEGO has chosen the wrong brand here :laugh_hard: cause I know some other lemonade related brand that has proven to be...euhm.... better:innocent2:

11 minutes ago, Seasider said:

@amorti you do realise that image of the SUV is pure guesswork. The real design hasn’t been shown.  

No, I hadn't. Hope the real one looks nicer!

Perhaps I am the only one but I would not mind if this set was the Daytona SP3.

9 minutes ago, dabo said:

Perhaps I am the only one but I would not mind if this set was the Daytona SP3.

I like the SP3 and it fits in with the theme.

On 1/25/2022 at 4:53 PM, brunojj1 said:

Intersting, why that? Apart from the fact that a Technic chassis can deliver a ton of functions which are only depending on the fantasy and creativity of the builder, I agree the car model itself should have a kind of "soul", not literally of course. But I´ve never heard that a Ghost constitutes an additional innovative function itself :pir_tong2: .

Was thinking on the door mechanism and how the whole back opens and, on most models, the whole front opens too

On 1/27/2022 at 9:06 AM, BennyF said:

Was thinking on the door mechanism and how the whole back opens and, on most models, the whole front opens too

I was joking a bit, knowing exactly what you mean - you should have put it more precisely :wink:. It has much functionality made visible under the big clamshells which open in a spectacular way. E.g. the nice sophisticated door mechanism has been elaborated long time ago by some of the MOCers like @Pvdb. And IMO there are fewer chances to mess up the looks because of the easier bodywork shapes lacking thin lines and curves typical to a Ferrari. So I totally agree with you in principal. Would clearly prefer to see a Koenigsegg too.

Edited by brunojj1

In terms of functions, I think If they did a LaFerrari, the door mechanism would be super cool as well as the rear clamshell opening. The rear wing on the LaFerrari is also a super intricate mechanism so that would also be really cool.

37 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

399,99 Euro is the price acc. to StoneWars.

And StoneWars writing that due to delay of real Hypercar to 2023 this set will be delayed also (something like 42130 set)

So when do we think we will get some info? (If its not delayed) I had a look through my DMs and the Sian was teased on the 29th of Jan. The Nuremberg Toy Fair is on the 2nd of Feb so Id say that's it. Fingers crossed.

6 hours ago, OnyyX said:

So when do we think we will get some info? (If its not delayed) I had a look through my DMs and the Sian was teased on the 29th of Jan. The Nuremberg Toy Fair is on the 2nd of Feb so Id say that's it. Fingers crossed.

Toy Fair is cancelled due to the pandemic and the supercar will most likely not hit the shelves this year due to above mentioned reasons.

If it is a Ferrari then the wheel rims should be Silver possibly black so that would be good for MOC's as the gold and blue ones from the Lamborghini and Bugatti are hard to match with most colours.

31 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

If it is a Ferrari then the wheel rims should be Silver possibly black so that would be good for MOC's as the gold and blue ones from the Lamborghini and Bugatti are hard to match with most colours.

They could be gold, seen those on a few special Ferraris 

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

They could be gold, seen those on a few special Ferraris 

Hopefully not :laugh:  and I think they will want something to distinguish them from the Sian. I think Lego red looks nicer against silver than gold so fingers crossed. And yes if its a Ferrari it will be red as the marketing team won't let them do anything crazy :laugh:

I know Ferraris are known for being red, but since the 488 set is already red, I would want Lego to make this set yellow. For all I know Lego could offer the 42143 in red or yellow, as we've seen with the Fiat 500 set in yellow or light blue.

Edited by StudWorks

I think we are well past the expected date for any sort of teaser or announcement from Lego at this stage. The Nuremberg Toy Fair goes until the 6th of Feb I believe so I would point that as the last day Lego will potentially release anything. Looks like the rumours may be true.....

I think TLG released the BMW motor this year because they knew this Supercar would be delayed. I always found it odd that Both the UCS Supercar and motorcycle released in the same year. It makes much more sence from marketing perspective to release them in separate years.

So, IMO, the new pattern could be: even years motorcycle, uneven years Supercar.

Of course this is all speculation

According to Promobricks, it will be a Ferrari Daytona SP3. 

This year’s LEGO Super Car will be a … Ferrari Daytona SP3! The supercar was unveiled late last year and pays homage to the 1967 Daytona 24-hour race. The Daytona comes with a V12 engine with 6496 cc displacement and 840 horsepower. The exterior shape is said to be reminiscent of the 330 series, which is why the car has a wraparound windshield and a removable targa roof. The chassis of the car is made entirely of carbon fiber reinforced plastic, and the body is made of composite materials.

We can’t say anything about the LEGO set’s features at this point, but they turned out to be rather sparse and not really technical in the last Super Cars. We assume that the LEGO Daytona will have a running engine, opening doors and hopefully a removable roof. The set will consist of 3776 parts and is said to have a price of 399.99 euros.

Set number: 42143
Description: [Ferrari Daytona SP3]
Number of parts: 3776
Release date: [01 August 2022]
Recommended age: 18+
RRP: 399,99 Euro

Also, according to their most recent info, the set will be coming this summer after all. The Liebherr might be delayed instead though. 

One thing in advance: The rumor still persists that this year’s LEGO Technic Super Car 42143 will not be released this year, but has probably been postponed to 2023. We could neither confirm nor refute this information in our last article. In the meantime, however, we have been informed that the car will probably be released this year after all – but that the 42146 Liebherr LR13000 could be released next year instead.

Theoretically, this makes sense. A possible reason for the postponement of the car was that it could be due to the fact that the real prototype was also postponed and will be released next year. However, as you will read below, the LEGO set is supposed to be a car that was first introduced in 2021. The crane, on the other hand, will have quite a few electrical components and will also be quite large, so again, there’s plenty of potential for why the set could be delayed. Either way, whichever of the two sets it will hit (maybe both), it’s likely at least one of the two large sets will be delayed into next year.

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-technic-2022-summer-new-info/139490/

I’m ok with it being an SP3 as I like the look of it … but not sure I want another set I’ll need in 2022, with the BMW bike, the McLaren F1, 3 Star Wars helmets and 4 “classic space” City sets it’s already an expensive year for me and that’s excluding buying stuff for MOCs! 🤣

Well I can't say I'm really looking forward to this at all... In my opinion this has to be one of the ugliest Ferraris to have chosen.

004.jpg

Using the existing wheel arch panels they are definitely not going to do a good job of the rear section at all. Be interesting to see what they come up with.