As @blondasek mentioned LEGO updated the digital instructions for the Ferrari recently, now most of the major errors are fixed. There are still some issues left, so apart from following the online instructions I suggest to check this list, it contains the fixed and remaining errors. If I missed something please let me know and I'll update the list :) 

Is the Ferrari chassis the best 1:8 chassis from LEGO to date? Highest rigidity/weight ratio. If you where to build a 1:8 scale car with one of the official LEGO chassis as starting point, which would you choose?

For those based in the UK, Argos has a great deal on this car.

£262.50, and 10% with the code LEGO10 so £236.25

Hello, finally I have assembled my Ferrari.

Different shadows of red connectors - ok

Several errors in building instructions - ok

Spare panels - OK

But why my rear hood does not keep opened?

2 hours ago, Aleh said:

Hello, finally I have assembled my Ferrari.

Different shadows of red connectors - ok

Several errors in building instructions - ok

Spare panels - OK

But why my rear hood does not keep opened?

It´s all not OK, in my humble unbiased opinion :pir-classic:. Why does the clamshell not stay where it belongs? Because it´s high temperature in Billund or because it´s simply poor design.

Easy fix: remove the 1L beam / sleeve and leave the pin naked (blue circle) or replace by an axle pin:

250x250.jfif

Edited by brunojj1

2 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

It´s all not OK, in my humble unbiased opinion :pir-classic:. Why does the clamshell not stay where it belongs? Because it´s high temperature in Billund or because it´s simply poor design.

Easy fix: remove the 1L beam / sleeve and leave the pin naked (blue circle) or replace by an axle pin:

Sure, that's all is no ok and should not took place, especially in flagship model.

I was investigating if I did any error in hood construction..

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

€60 instead of €80 (still way overpriced imo).

Regardless of content, €60 seems near the median price of any coffee table book in full color with premium binding. Perhaps it's the very notion of a coffee table book that seems... uhm... redundant? :sweet:

I thought, maybe something has been left in some regional stock, but i see it also in LV available.

11 hours ago, Jockos said:

Is it possible they print some more books as it's unnumbered?

From the lego website :

"Please note, unlike the original edition of this book, this version has a glossy hard cover. It is not a limited edition and does not come with a slipcover case"

so yes ;)

26 minutes ago, R4ph said:

From the lego website :

"Please note, unlike the original edition of this book, this version has a glossy hard cover. It is not a limited edition and does not come with a slipcover case"

so yes ;)

Thank you! Amen to that.

I've got an option to buy the Ferrari for 300€ (new) and I'm wondering if that's a good enough price or not. Help!

33 minutes ago, howitzer said:

I've got an option to buy the Ferrari for 300€ (new) and I'm wondering if that's a good enough price or not. Help! 

That sounds like a good price for the current stage in product life. You might get a lower price only if you set a price alert at a 'meta-search' website and wait patiently for a few more months for a sudden discount. If you want it now, get it now. :)

Here in Switzerland it was ~260€ for one day last week (Black Friday). Now back to ~300€, has been so since October.