I have the set but haven't opened the inner box yet. I need to slow down on the Lego builds but I couldn't resist this one.

If I look on Rebrickable it seems I have 21 sets built.

Edited by williamyzfr1

Hello guys, This is my full RC LEGO Technic 42143 Ferrari Daytona SP3, controlled by BuWizz 3.0 App.

Power functions

- BuWizz 3.0 x1

- Driving: 2 PF XL motors

- Steering: 1 PF servo motor

- Doors: 2 PU M motor

- Engine cover: 1 PU M motor

the book will be very useful in winter, for lighting a stove or fireplace. there is no practical use for it, unfortunately ... the winter will be very cold ...

Did anyone see in the last page of the manual there is a section on the book where it never mentions a “limited slipcase edition” ? It also gives a link to learn more about the book but it brings a 404 error. If the book sold out before people would have even built the model, why would LEGO put a link to the book in there? Did they do a colossal mess-up or is a non limited version coming soon?

15 hours ago, Danil said:

the winter will be very cold ...

No worries, chopped wood is prepared, just waiting to be stored...besides Winters are not as cold as they used to be

Had to bite the bullet and get the Ferrari Daytona SP3 for the long weekend in New Zealand (Delivery from LEGO Melbourne in two days). 👍🏼

Tackling a few areas first that I had already started over the last month - deleting all unnecessary colour and adding my own changes.

52167549777_482be56e52_c_d.jpg

Fitted the wheels to my Ferrari SF90 Stradale Assetto Fiorano, looks good - will need a guard mod for tyres clearance.

52169036780_6421fbd297_c_d.jpg

Edited by LegoHoops

@LegoHoops Looks instantly better with the added headlights!  I hate how "blind" the LEGO version looks with these empty eye sockets...

Edited by Gray Gear

11 hours ago, LegoHoops said:

Had to bite the bullet and get the Ferrari Daytona SP3 for the long weekend in New Zealand (Delivery from LEGO Melbourne in two days). 👍🏼

Mine arrived on the 11th,  was ordered on the 1st and shipped on the 9th. The bricks ordered at the same time arrived before the set.

Personally not a fan of those lights @LegoHoops

have you tried trans clear bionicle teeth? These just look too big and blocky

@LegoHoops The headlights look great!, but have you tried to make the headlights in trans-black? 

Hi guys. I have checked i dont find any issues but the gap seems to be too big.

edit. Black pins pushed out which made front go out too much. Pushing them im fixed issue .163074d4c21a5.jpg

Edited by Valkyx

Did the SP3 go up in price? I think I remember it being $400 and now it's listed for $450 on the Lego website. 

Hello, can say my someone the spare quantity of the 2780 parts at each Bag or in summary? I have three left in Bag one and two in Bag four. 

I remember I had 3 of the 2780 black pins spare after bag one and thinking it was a bit odd, but after checking the instructions I couldn't see any missing from anywhere so I think it's deliberate to have 3 spare (possibly because there's none spare in the next couple of bags).  I had a couple spare after a later bag as well (bag four sounds about right).

12 hours ago, dromeracer said:

Hello, can say my someone the spare quantity of the 2780 parts at each Bag or in summary? I have three left in Bag one and two in Bag four. 

There's no ground truth here, unfortunately. Number of spares can vary per set. In my personal experience, in about 50% of my sets I get different amounts of spares than listed on Rebrickable (e.g., 1 more of this small part, 1 less of that small part).

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

There's no ground truth here, unfortunately. Number of spares can vary per set. In my personal experience, in about 50% of my sets I get different amounts of spares than listed on Rebrickable (e.g., 1 more of this small part, 1 less of that small part).

That shouldn't be the case actually, the number of extra pieces is also precisely defined, just like the contents of the set. 

26 minutes ago, kbalage said:

That shouldn't be the case actually, the number of extra pieces is also precisely defined, just like the contents of the set. 

Even so, one of the main reasons for including spares is the uncertainty in the brick picking machines. So it would be natural to expect 1 more or less of a small part in your set, every now and then. To wit:

Are data from complaints used to influence the extra parts included in a set?

Bjarke: Yes. We have what we call “technical overdose”. And you all know that, it’s the little extra elements… 1x1 plates and tiles and stuff like that. That is what we call a technical overdose because the machinery cannot count them when it has one, but it can count when it has two or zero, and that's why we do this. Also the friction pin... because we know they have a tendency to roll, we need a technical overdose on that too. So yes, sometimes we do technical overdose based on consumer feedback. It can also be a solution to a systematic building mistake: Instead of changing the building instruction, we add an extra element. But it depends a little bit on the timing, and how complicated it is to change instructions and stuff like that.

Source: https://www.newelementary.com/2020/09/missing-faulty-lego-consumer-perceived-quality.html

3 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Even so, one of the main reasons for including spares is the uncertainty in the brick picking machines. So it would be natural to expect 1 more or less of a small part in your set, every now and then. To wit:

Well as I understand they add extra parts because the machines couldn't weight precisely 1 small piece, but can correctly detect if there are 2 of them as that's already above the margin of error. For me this means the exact number of standard and extra pieces should always be the same. Of course mistakes might happen, but it shouldn't be as frequent as you mentioned (50% of the sets). The standard error rate is 1 in every 10.000 sets if I remember correctly, it was also mentioned in a New Elementary interview. 

I have opened about 60 new Lego boxes for the last 3 years and honnestly I never had any missing part in them, and furthermore, the spare parts mentioned by Rebrickable (not checked Brickset or Bricklink) were always correct.

Edited by Celeri

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

Of course mistakes might happen, but it shouldn't be as frequent as you mentioned (50% of the sets).

Over the last 3 years, I've bought 'only' 7 sets for myself, but big ones, with 2000-6000 pieces each. (I'm disregarding here smaller sets for the kids.) I track on Rebrickable my lost parts and extra-extra parts. Most common extra part of which I get less is 6141 (1x1 plate round).

Examples of extra-extra parts: with 42082 Rough Terrain Crane I got 2 extra 'Barraki' eyes, with 10274 Ecto-1 I got extra roller skate, with 76139 Batmobile I got extra 2x2 corner plate (2420). I also got a good bunch of extra-extra half-bushes, 1L bushes, 1L beams, half-pins, 3/4-pins, and black pins.

Apparently: YMMV :shrug_oh_well:

Just finished @kbalage's video on the "new" digital instruction on Lego website.

Personally, if I would work in Lego on this I would be ashamed. So many mistakes were left untouched, video name is wrong.. where is the QA? This is so wrong.

On 8/29/2022 at 4:55 AM, Celeri said:

I have opened about 60 new Lego boxes for the last 3 years and honnestly I never had any missing part in them, and furthermore, the spare parts mentioned by Rebrickable (not checked Brickset or Bricklink) were always correct.

My Majestic Tiger was missing several (can't remember if it was three or four) black 1x2 plates.  Didn't bother emailing Lego, just grabbed some spares I had.  It happens.