Why does the rear axle have wrong setup? The pivot points of the upper and lower arms are not in line with cv joint...

5 hours ago, therealjustin said:

I'm feeling conflicted! :laugh:

I really like it, but it makes me appreciate(and want) the Lamborghini even more now. It costs less than this and has more features of interest.

i get the opposite feeling, being of a similar build to the sian im satisfied im not missing out on much if i skip the sian. Either way i was going to skip it due to the egregious lime inconsistency that's a complete deal breaker for me

So in short:
-> Lego again did not make even basic checks with the instruction/live building (...),
-> prints on the side with mould lines?..
-> same gearbox design, no improvement at all,
-> big gaps in the cockpit,
-> higher price,
-> fancy box which does not fit the rest from the series,
-> plaque which was not included earlier.. hope someone will make them for all three cars or maybe Lego would be so kind..

Really disappointed on the instruction mistakes (gears and 21/22 panels), great look overall. Waiting for @jb70 and Pimp my Ferrari Daytona SP3 :D And of course, heavy discount on the set. For 250 euros it should be great :)

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

The Sian rim can fit inside the Ferrari rim. That should give a decent indication.

In relation to that, the tyres are only slightly larger, and they have an even thinner sidewall than the old ones

Seriously I dont see logic in these ultra duper ucs sets anymore...

Very basics technic functions limited by real car, crude interior as always... Fancy box, first time it has charm fourth time I dont know?

These cars will be better under creator labels, because this is about look not functions.

4 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Not sure about this.  Basic business sense 101 (which TLG definitely does have) would say to not lose your main customer base in the search of new customers.  I am sure the majority of buys have built other Technic sets, though I agree they are likely not hard-core AFOLs.  Probably just recreational builders who have some idea of elements palette but as you say, certainly not an exhaustive knowledge.  Built a few, but not many, technic sets.   Would not be surprised if many have one of the other UCS cars.  

Yup, I'm in that group. Had some Technic sets as a kid, but that was it. Focused entirely on System stuff, and then the draw of the 1:8 supercars (and Raching Brick's videos) made me try it, and now I've got the Bugatti, Sian, and will get the Ferrari. Plus, I've got a few other Technic sets and considering more in the future. So it worked with me.

Did anyone else see what creations are behind Uwe's desk?
lego-technic-42143-daytona-sp3-4-1.jpg

Is it just me, or would a white Ferrari have looked cooler in the 1:8 collection especially next to the red CaDA model?
42143-lego-technic-and-ferrari-collab-07

Edited by R0Sch

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of an interesting function, it's mostly more of the same. I think Lego needs to innovate if they're going to continue the 1/8 supercar series. I also would have liked to have seen a modular bespoke fake engine with realistic looking exhaust. The current v12 engine looks out of place in these cars, I understand why Lego covers them. I still plan on buying the set, it looks great otherwise.

34 minutes ago, Ondra said:

Very basics technic functions limited by real car, crude interior as always... Fancy box, first time it has charm fourth time I dont know?

These cars will be better under creator labels, because this is about look not functions.

2 hours ago, allanp said:

Easy nope for me.

They made the box more "premium" and expensive, looks more costly than even the mid 90s era boxes, but there's non of the appeal of those older boxes that allowed you to see all the functions under the lid and gaze at all the pieces through the clear plastic.

34 minutes ago, Ondra said:

But for most of us that are serious AFOLs, or  MOC/MODers ourselves were we ever serious about just buying  a set and letting it sit on a shelf anyways?  I agree with both these comments if the set is viewed as a stagnant display set.  Not even a building set period, rather more of an assembly piece.  

But if the set is viewed as a parts pack I am wondering if that changes the sets perceived value?  I get it, some things are not easily digested with this POV, mainly the box (no value if I see the set as a parts pack) and the color vomit (again, horrible for parts pack b/c not easily integrated into other sets/MOCs).  But, the rare pieces, panels, gears, shocks, etc. in my mind kinda makes up for it.  Makes the set enticing.   I suppose I could wait and buy these specialized parts when folks start to part out the set on BL, but then I will likely be paying even more, at least more per piece.  If I want these parts, kinda tempted to get the set when it is on sale to enhance my ability to build other things ... no?  Also, I do think it is fun to fix all of TLG mistakes.  Not that I enjoy spending that time on like gearboxes or basic flaws in the set.  Would be nice to just focus on IMPROVEMENTS instead of FIXES (which are entirely different things) but still.  I guess that is the perspective I am looking at the set with.  I have no interest in the set itself, but I do have interest in either building other things with the parts available or modifications that can be make to the set as it stands now...

Does anyone know if/how the new 14T gears can be meshed with each other? It looks like they should be able to, but likely at an unusual spacing, probably a half stud off in two axes.

I love it! I skipped the Sian, because of color inconsistency, gold rims, and I'm not a big Lamb design. But here - I like the exterior a lot! And red is my favourite color. Same functions? Well, I don't buy this sets for functions) 

29 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

I also wanted more picture of those... he has some vintage style pickup truck in corvette scale which never relesed in offical set or mocs as I remember.

And dark tan panel... why? why don't relese it in offical model TLG? Maybe TLG is laughing at us wanting to re-release the blue 5x11 panel or other super rare/unrelesed parts.

1 hour ago, R0Sch said:

Is it just me, or would a white Ferrari have looked cooler in the 1:8 collection especially next to the red CaDA model?

Looks like the Creator Expert Pickup had it's prototypes made in technic?

Nope Ferrari has to be red! :kahuka:

I already thought that there wasn't enough differences between building the Chiron and building the Sian. If I understood correctly, there is even less differences between the Sian and the Ferrari! I think that I won't continue the 1:8 collection.

1 hour ago, Akbalder said:

I already thought that there wasn't enough differences between building the Chiron and building the Sian. If I understood correctly, there is even less differences between the Sian and the Ferrari! I think that I won't continue the 1:8 collection.

I’m kind of thinking the same things right now, and I love the 1:8 cars. Also really not in a hurry to get this one, since it’s not really a better set than any of the others. Enough Ferrari lovers will get this, and I will get this maybe later as well; to keep the collection complete… 

But at the moment I’m more interested in scoring the book (yes, I’m old and I still read) than in getting this set ?…

Can’t  believe im actually saying this… 

I don't have any of the big Technic cars and I wouldn't consider myself a big Technic builder, so I'm pretty much a pleb when it comes to this. That said, I think the car looks pretty great. I'm impressed with the shaping and how clean the body looks and I think they pulled off the taillights really well. I guess for Technic that's not really the point, but for a laymen like myself it seems very impressive. I don't know if this will be the first of these sets that I get, but I'm definitely tempted by it.

It’s up on the Australian website now as ‘coming soon’. $660!! Compared to the Sian at $570. I’m sorry but I really don’t see how this is worth the extra $90... 

I have the Porsche GT3 RS, Sian and Bugatti. The latter two I paid around £200 new from Ebay, so I am in no hurry to purchase .

Edited by williamyzfr1

7 minutes ago, langko said:

It’s up on the Australian website now as ‘coming soon’. $660!! Compared to the Sian at $570. I’m sorry but I really don’t see how this is worth the extra $90... 

I don't thing it's not about the set being worth more, I believe it's about inflation becoming visible in the consumer prices. Had they been swapped (Ferrari released in 2020 and Sian now) the prices would probably be swapped too.

---

Now that I watched the Racing Brick's video, I'm somewhat more ambivalent of the set. There seems to be surprisingly many errors which shouldn't be there at this kind of set, like the messed up gear sequence or missing panels at the rear. But those are something I think I can get over with as they're easily fixable. It's really disappointing that this set doesn't really offer much in terms of functionality (new functions or more realistic functions), but then, I wasn't expecting much. I've never built a supercar set before, so I'm interested in the building experience, and this set shows promise with that, despite the minimally functional insides. The new parts are great but I wonder how the new differential gears will be used in the future, or if there will be more sizes to match them? Beyond the new parts, there's tons of red parts, which makes it great parts pack in a useful colour, unlike the Sian or Chiron. I'm also glad that the new spur gears are used extensively, as I already have far more 12 and 20T double bevel gears than I could ever find use for.

In the end it seems I have to think long and hard about buying this set or find a good discount. I saw the Sian for just over 200€ at some point, so perhaps there will be a similar offer for this one? I'm also expecting the other Technic sets to be functionally more interesting, so probably buying those first anyway and I'll then see if the Ferrari is still interesting.

4 minutes ago, howitzer said:

But those are something I think I can get over with as they're easily fixable.

Agreed, and I think many think this way as well.  Errors are no biggie since they are easily fixable.  

But I am curious about what folks think this may say about the approach TLG takes to developing these cars.  I am not so much concerned about the errors as I am about what I think it SAYS about the company.  For me, and I get it this perhaps is reading too much into things, but I think it tells alot about their approach to building and selling these products.  Money! Money! Money!  It gives the appearance of being rushed, non-committal to quality control, and overall unconcerned about company reputation and consumer skill and/or awareness.   Also, I really think the errors beg the question, what costs more, or takes more time for these UCS cars, the development (build complexity, quality control, etc.) or the marketing?  Seriously, that is an honest question.  It seems there is tons of resources dumped into marketing these cars... couldn't just a small fraction of the marketing budget be used for quality control?   I don't get it.   

Personally, for me my opinion for TLG keeps falling and falling.  I am unsure they continue the mantra of "only the best is good enough" - and at least for me the door opens further and further to competitors.  

You only have to look at the McLaren F1 car which perfectly highlights their lack of supposed collaboration, resulting in a rehashed model in new box pictures, with new model stickers and new instructions to encompass the sticker changes. 

26 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Agreed, and I think many think this way as well.  Errors are no biggie since they are easily fixable.  

But I am curious about what folks think this may say about the approach TLG takes to developing these cars.  I am not so much concerned about the errors as I am about what I think it SAYS about the company.  For me, and I get it this perhaps is reading too much into things, but I think it tells alot about their approach to building and selling these products.  Money! Money! Money!  It gives the appearance of being rushed, non-committal to quality control, and overall unconcerned about company reputation and consumer skill and/or awareness.   Also, I really think the errors beg the question, what costs more, or takes more time for these UCS cars, the development (build complexity, quality control, etc.) or the marketing?  Seriously, that is an honest question.  It seems there is tons of resources dumped into marketing these cars... couldn't just a small fraction of the marketing budget be used for quality control?   I don't get it.   

Personally, for me my opinion for TLG keeps falling and falling.  I am unsure they continue the mantra of "only the best is good enough" - and at least for me the door opens further and further to competitors.  

Agreed. This year i bought non Lego brick built Products for the first time. Some bluebrixx trains (ok quality), the Cobi Maserati MC20 (great quality and build) and the Mega Construx Tesla Cybertruck (great quality as well) and don't regret these one bit!