Promobricks writes they 'heard' it'll be released 1 June. That's really soon. I'm reaching for the spoon of salt before getting too excited... :snicker:

It does look nicer and curvier from the front :thumbup:. Nothing in terms of mechanical interest can been seen yet though besides the seemingly larger rims have the potential for some improved suspension/steering geometry, but time will tell if that's there or not. 

Normally the reveal of a huge new set would generate a lot more comments. This forum is still very active so I wonder if the lack of mechanical information available from these images is the reason for the quietness? I predict the old "HOT" tag will appear once we know more about what's going on under the hood!

18 minutes ago, allanp said:

It does look nicer and curvier from the front :thumbup:. Nothing in terms of mechanical interest can been seen yet though besides the seemingly larger rims have the potential for some improved suspension/steering geometry, but time will tell if that's there or not. 

Normally the reveal of a huge new set would generate a lot more comments. This forum is still very active so I wonder if the lack of mechanical information available from these images is the reason for the quietness? I predict the old "HOT" tag will appear once we know more about what's going on under the hood!

According to Promobricks we are supposed to hear something 2 weeks after the first leak (May 10th), which means next week we should get some official news. That also lines up with the June 1st release date they wrote about today.

Edited by LvdH

Yeah June 1 D2C and Retailers August 1 is the usual pattern. I remember both Sian and Bugatti had news/leaks way earlier. 

Looks awesome, but yes - @allanp - no need for comments till mechanical functions will be revealed. Unfortunately I do not expect anything "super", so.. will buy it with ~30-40% discount.

53 minutes ago, blondasek said:

Looks awesome, but yes - @allanp - no need for comments till mechanical functions will be revealed. Unfortunately I do not expect anything "super", so.. will buy it with ~30-40% discount.

I agree, see no reason to buy early. First lambo buyer had the colorfullest and expensive experience.And it's summer. Such a big modell is a winter thing - for me. For the box I would prefer a normal 18+ Box, that could be stored folded. Again less room in my small basement shed

1 hour ago, blondasek said:

no need for comments

1 hour ago, blondasek said:

till mechanical functions will be revealed.

lol... although perhaps true, that is not how AFOLs roll on this site.... :laugh:

It looks a lot better from that angle. I was a bit worried after the previous shots.

But hey even I don't look great from all angles. :pir-wench:

Ian...

This confirms that the rims are directional and the set comes actually with 2x2 different rim designs  and not 4x the same!

The Ferrari looks very good from the pictures so far, I’m excited to see the functions and how they compare to the other supercars!

On PromoBricks new video about the leak, there is a very high res image of the back of the car. 

So it seems we have three of https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=80286 Stuck together with a pin hole in the middle but they didn't make a 1x3 version of it probably saving it for next year :laugh_hard:

Also is the panel that make the rear quarter window new or just shadowing as the bend seems more than https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=68196&idColor=5#T=C&C=5 ? I just noticed there also seems to be a black one just behind the rear wheel under the lights seems a shorter version.

We also get https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=55615&idColor=86#T=C&C=86 in red

Edited by Cardboy

This will definitely be one juicy parts pack!

I presume the new 3x5 panel will have both a left and right version, so there is two studs of 'hollow space' in width inside. Otherwise mounting them would be quite awkward. 

As for the new smaller curved tapered panel, I think the one behind the doors and the rear wheels are similar. If you look closely, you can see that the angled edge does not continue further down the back of the door. I think I see another one on the inside of the inner mudguard panels as well.

The higher rez image does improve my impression of it to be honest.

Still have issues over the roofline, but limitations of Lego potentially.

Ian...

Not that I am wowed by the little we have seen so far but for the first time I actually feel like buying and building one of these big cars, lol. No rhyme or reason either, I have always passed over picking up any of them before, just not interested.

I'm back (after 2 years). I like this set so far, even though I'm not in love with the real car. I don't really expect any crazy mechanical functions and I don't think that's the purpose of this series. They are nice display cars that look relatively accurate compared to the real cars with some functions.

I do still keep hoping that Lego will come out with a pneumatic or remote controlled backhoe loader like 8455. They seem to prefer going with mining equipment or cranes for their larger Technic sets lately and I wish they did a more "ordinary" heavy equipment vehicle and less of a niche thing that's not a smaller set every once in a while (or once every 20 years). :laugh:

I was hoping for windscreen, this series really needs it. Nice wheels though!

Edited by FX6000

3 hours ago, FX6000 said:

I was hoping for windscreen, this series really needs it. Nice wheels though!

It's Technic, I don't remember any car there with a windscreen. Windscreens are a feature of the creator experts modells. And the windscreens are produced not as special parts for one modell, but in mind to fit in the system to use it sometimes for other modells. Especially the supercars have very curvy low profile windscreens??

13 minutes ago, dirkberlin said:

And the windscreens are produced not as special parts for one modell

That doesn't seem true to me (although I can't look into the future). See for example sets 75341 and 76139 and 10274.

3 hours ago, FX6000 said:

I was hoping for windscreen, this series really needs it.

It really doesn’t. 

4 minutes ago, astyanax said:

That doesn't seem true to me (although I can't look into the future). See for example sets 75341 and 76139 and 10274.

Those are brickbuilt (Creator style) models as dirkberlin mentioned. Although you’re definitely right that these are very specific, unlike the Creator Mustang, Porsche and DeLorean. 

And it's no longer the case only non-Technic sets get specialized windscreens. See for example set 42130.