Are the rims a two part moulding or the silver "alloy" part just sprayed on? The inner part of the hub seems to be black. currently on all these cars the rimes has been all one colour.

I hope so as they have done it on the Lego BMW m1000rr brake disk but this would be a much larger scale and probably make he rims expensive to make.

How and where do you see the inner part of the hub? It will most likely be a silver drum laquered or light grey rim with a yellow round tile

Edited by Polarlicht

sorry i mean rim not hub it could be lighting but the gaps in the spokes a quite large and the inside of the rim seems a lot darker than just a shadow from the photo

1 hour ago, Cardboy said:

sorry i mean rim not hub it could be lighting but the gaps in the spokes a quite large and the inside of the rim seems a lot darker than just a shadow from the photo

I think that’s just the shadow in the images. I can’t see them dual moulding a Technic rim

22 hours ago, Seasider said:

I think that’s just the shadow in the images. I can’t see them dual moulding a Technic rim

They did that on the Vespa i think. But in this case it's just a normal rim.

21 hours ago, blondasek said:

And I actually see them making rims and tires together, like on the smaller scale with Speed Champions.

doubt it

The rims aren't like the previous supercars are they? Where the rim edge covers part of the tyre sidewall to give the appearance of low profile?

6 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

The rims aren't like the previous supercars are they? Where the rim edge covers part of the tyre sidewall to give the appearance of low profile?

Looks like they actually made the rim bigger this time, which is good.

Structurally the Daytona SP3 uses a modified version of the LaFerrari Aperta’s composite monocoque. When is saw the Ferrari Daytona SP3 chassis below, it has a similar passing resemblance to Charbel’s McLaren 720S chassis.
I have a 720S chassis displayed next to a complete 720S, just Charbel’s fully modular chassis is such a work of art, it is a shame to hide it!
52076358605_b8ed6d6850_c_d.jpg
52075880228_d731b48847_c_d.jpg

I also came across Peter Blackert’s beautifully built LEGO Ferrari Daytona SP3 F140HC Engine. It would be great to see something like this under that large hinged rear engine hood.
51701283396_f72fcb5b2b_c_d.jpg
There no doubt the LEGO Daytona SP3 will receive a number of mods through this forum as the Porsche, Bugatti and Lamborghini have received prior. And some reserve engineering is probably already happening 👍🏼

Hopefully LEGO will include the Blue seats that are integrated into the chassis like the rear car - otherwise there will be a rush on Blue lift-arms, panels and connectors.

Also be interesting to see if the tyres are branded or moulded with Pirelli after the McLaren F1 redo - as Pirelli have produced a bespoke P Zero Corsa tyre for the SP3.

Looking forward to the official reveal, from the initial image the mirrors appear to be a lazy solution a repeat of the other three.

Edited by LegoHoops
Content

I wonder if all references to the Ferrari date "slipping" we actually just references to the slip case dates with probably the SE coming first and then a month wait until a general release?

That doesn’t look like a traditional box. It seems like that “slipcase” that was described at first. I guess this will be like a preorder thing or something, but a normal version will also be sold similar to the Sian.

The wheels appear to be directional btw. I could be wrong though.

Edited by LvdH

Although what I've seen of the front view is quite lo-res, it doesn't look to me like there's any windscreen...

Interesting how they've done the windscreen with the flex axles! It's not very accurate compared to the real A-pillars, but it shapes the windscreen quite well and stops it looking flat. I like it and think this is a good example of deferring from reality to better suit the pieces. Blue seats too from what I can see!

Looks like there is still 4 wheel arch pieces as well which is good for people who make b-models.

Edited by langko

Looks like an interesting box type, very short and wide. The slit across the 1:1 wheel image indicates that the lid might fold upwards instead of the usual slide of the top box

46 minutes ago, OnyyX said:

Looks like an interesting box type, very short and wide. 

I wonder if Amazon gets a say in this? There's been quite a few offers where you could get Lego in "Reduced Packing" or whatever they call it. Basically they slap a sticker on the box and send it. Maybe they have had enough of oversized / oddly proportioned boxes?

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

The wheels appear to be directional btw. I could be wrong though.

Agreed. It also looks horizontally flipped from the directionality in the earlier picture from the opposite side, so two different wheel molds. Nice.

It looks pretty faithful to the real vehicle, but they'll need to offer something new in terms of functions for me to really be interested, given that I already have the Sian.

Just seen the image of the box. It definitely looks like it’s a flip open lid as opposed to the previous lift off. Not sure if there’s any positives or negatives about that. The box looks very deep and not as tall compared to the others. Which is a shame for stacking them neatly on a shelf.

the model looks good based on the images we’ve got. But need to see the high quality ones first

Is it just me or supercars in lego are... boring?

I mean, in real world they are exciting and cool because of how rare and powerful they are. But in lego technic, almost every car is a supercar. I'd be far more interested in building a nicely done... yaris or something, instead of yet another ferrari :D

17 minutes ago, Jerac said:

Is it just me or supercars in lego are... boring?

I mean, in real world they are exciting and cool because of how rare and powerful they are. But in lego technic, almost every car is a supercar. I'd be far more interested in building a nicely done... yaris or something, instead of yet another ferrari :D

It's definitely not just you.

18 minutes ago, Seasider said:

Just seen the image of the box. It definitely looks like it’s a flip open lid as opposed to the previous lift off. Not sure if there’s any positives or negatives about that. The box looks very deep and not as tall compared to the others. Which is a shame for stacking them neatly on a shelf.

the model looks good based on the images we’ve got. But need to see the high quality ones first

I haven't found the images yet, but these rumours of the flip up lid returning, I would love that! I won't get my hopes up but would be very happy to see it for premium sets like this.

I am not a Ferrari fan (Lambo forever! :D) but I have to say it looks very nice, especially with those asymmetrical rims.