20 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Someone cleaned up the grainy image a bit, see for example at bricktastic. Does anyone know what parts the red horizontal stripes at the back may new composed of?

Maybe the rigid hoses for the middle part and curved plates on edge ? it looks a bit similar to what they did with the new star wars ucs landspeeder. 

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

Someone cleaned up the grainy image a bit, see for example at bricktastic. Does anyone know what parts the red horizontal stripes at the back may be composed of?

The corners look like new pieces to me

1 minute ago, Zerobricks said:

Omg are they hotdogs?

You know what, you might be right. Thats funny asf

Now the real car has 4 different rims actually! They are directional designed (angeled spokes) and wide rears and narrow fronts, which makes it 4 different rims!. I don't think lego made different widths,

but they have to make them directional, so left and right rims in the set??

Edited by Polarlicht

Corner rear lights just seem like 4x4 macaroni tiles to me, held together with some black pieces.

5 minutes ago, mahjqa said:

Corner rear lights just seem like 4x4 macaroni tiles to me, held together with some black pieces.

Ah yep, you're right. I see it. Those are definitely corner tiles

31 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

but they have to make them directional, so left and right rims in the set??

Based on that picture, I'm not convinced the Lego rims are directional at all.

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

8 minutes ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

Based on that picture, I'm not convinced the Lego rims are directional at all.

Based on what? The rims look directional to me and they also match the ones on the same side of the real car.

43 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Now the real car has 4 different rims actually!

I'm pretty shure, that they are all the same. Size looks the same for both wheels, so, I assume, also rims are all the same.

8 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Based on what? The rims look directional to me and they also match the ones on the same side of the real car.

Based on the same picture we're all looking at. There may be some angling to the spokes, but it looks much reduced from the source material, and I expect the same wheel mould to be used for all four wheels.

27 minutes ago, mahjqa said:

Ah yes, indeed they look like part 27507.

250x250p.jpg

16 minutes ago, Jurss said:

I'm pretty shure, that they are all the same. Size looks the same for both wheels, so, I assume, also rims are all the same.

Size is definitely the same on all 4, so they only need one tyre mold. Rims are definitely directional (like on 8448 or the latest Jurassic Park set with the Explorers),

but they could easily made left and right patterns. We have tons of left and right parts in the part inventory, so these rims should be true to the source material! I hope!

Also, i bet they are designed to push air to the brakes. Makes no sense Ferrari would sign this off for Lego to have one side push air to the brakes and one side push air out... Or vice versa

Edited by Polarlicht

11 hours ago, OnyyX said:

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but does indeed seem that there is a "Limited Slipcase edition" of only 5000 units. I reckon its similair to the Porsche 18+ car with the wallet and paper stuff but who knows.

https://sasatimes.com/lego-42143-ferrari-daytona-sp3-preview-the-new-technic-supercar/ 

So the question must be asked, do you think the standard version will be cheaper than the slipcase version? Or will it just be normal pricing across the board and gimmick for the "resellers"

14 minutes ago, MarkyMark42 said:

So the question must be asked, do you think the standard version will be cheaper than the slipcase version? Or will it just be normal pricing across the board and gimmick for the "resellers"

More like the SE will be more expensive :grin: as the "standard" won't be cheap. Probably be a Lego VIP exclusive thing for the first load of orders possible get it a few days before to justify the price increase.

Hope we see some better pics soon and an official announcement soon as I would like to know how the new panels work as the seem to have a pin hole in them as well as each end but seem like its 2 suds wide.

14 hours ago, kbalage said:

So what will be the fate of that precious accessory of yours if the set itself is not limited but that mysterious "slipcase" is limited? :grin:

The slip case is besides the point though. We're talking about people misinterpreting the set to be a limited production run.

I understand the "limited edition" as the renaming of the "launch day GWP" which lasted a few minutes generating months of web rants

Loving the model, I'll get when in heavy discount as the Sian. These 1:8 are incredibly satisfactory despite all the criticism they receive about their functions

Edited by bitbamboo

The new rims for the Ferrari have fivefold symmetry with the five spokes. It also looks like there's a black pin/pinhole at the base of each spoke. Is it possible there are new hubs with five pins/pinholes??

5 minutes ago, lmdesigner42 said:

The new rims for the Ferrari have fivefold symmetry with the five spokes. It also looks like there's a black pin/pinhole at the base of each spoke. Is it possible there are new hubs with five pins/pinholes??

It's possible, but I think it's more likely that those black spots are just decoration on the rim itself, representing the five lug nuts on the real car.

I hope they have pinholes so you can pin them to the technic disc brake wheel hubs directly. wheels should not have embedded pins :(

I'd love to see some bigger brake discs and hubs that support new CV joints and better wheel attachment options.... But the brake discs look the same size as normal ones, so I'm afraid the wheels will use the same system.

That would suck... Increasing wheel size without adjusting the brake discs will cause the brakes to look small which is not pretty at all.

35 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

That would suck... Increasing wheel size without adjusting the brake discs will cause the brakes to look small which is not pretty at all.

For 99% of models you'll be right, but having a larger gap between rim and disc will allow for more options to make the brakes functional, which could be neat to see in MOCs. I tried once with Porsche rims in a model, but it was very challenging and didn't work great. This could at least be a side advantage of the disadvantage!

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

@2GodBDGlory I didn't think about that... Meanwhile I am experimenting with 3D printed brake calipers for a more accurate look :laugh:

Calipers that would slot into the hubs? That'd be interesting to see!