3 minutes ago, Jockos said:

I'm not so happy about the limited edition:laugh: Though it would be fun to have some major alteration on the mighty few (like a convertible in a brand new color ), but it's a bit of a pity to not offer to the wider audience.

At this point, I wouldn't expect it to end up as a limited edition. It seems like bad business sense for Lego, and would just be a break from tradition. Sometimes we hear a lot of strange things in early leaks, and I wonder if this might be one of them. It sounds like the real car is a limited edition of 599, could confusion have come from that? Who knows, though!

It's the real life car that is in limited edition:

Discover how the Lego Technic Ferrari Daytona SP3 model was built and designed alongside the developpement of the real life, limited-edition supercar.

13 minutes ago, Jockos said:

Isn't it the first time to have a system window in a Technic set?:laugh:

8420, maybe? 

7 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Wonder if any of these new red parts will be used in the material handler?

Quite likely.

I'm happy to see new low profile tyres and bigger rimes, this should ease up building suspension systems. Lots of red and black panel extensions stacked for sure. I wonder if the rear fins are made of flex tubes just like with the 75341 UCS Land Speeder?

I think I see at least three new panels, and maybe four.

3x3 rectangular curved panel  (although this could be three of the 1x3x2 panels extensions stacked)
3x5 rectangular curved panel
5x5 rectangular curved panel (although this could be two 3x5 panels next to each other)
And maybe a 3x5 triangle curved panel

I’m excited for all these rectangular panels.  I’ve been wanting a 5x5 curved panel ever since LEGO started using panels. 

I don’t find the car itself to be that attractive, at least from the rear 3/4 view.  The rear is pretty flat, and far too many system parts used for my liking.  

I’m loving all the new pieces though!

Edited by dhc6twinotter

Liking the neutral coloured rims, though I'm not so sure an even lower profile tire is needed. Also, would prefer to have four of the fender panels included which looks like is not the case here. Most interesting stuff will be the internals anyway, so looking forward to the reveal of more details.

It does look like they made more room inside the wheel for better steering and suspension setups but can't see if that's really the case. While it doesn't (yet) look as good as the Sian, that won't matter to me IF it's transmission is a step closer to reality.

The real car seems to have a removable roof, which is quite a challenge to translate due to the limited structural support. That is why I wonder if LEGO's version also has it?

It’s the real car that’s limited edition.

well being a native English speaker that’s how I’ve interpreted the sentence on the image I’ve seen. It doesn’t imply the Technic model will be limited, and I don’t see what Lego would want to do that as it doesn’t make any sense. The Sian in the real world is a limited edition car. You could argue the same for the Bugatti and the Porsche too (but in higher volumes, but still tiny compared to a standard production car).

16 minutes ago, Seasider said:

It’s the real car that’s limited edition.

Still not sure... Promobricks.de has a bit more on this story with the 'slipcase'.

6 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Still not sure... Promobricks.de has a bit more on this story with the 'slipcase'.

I AM sure. It would be monumentally stupid of LEGO to have a limited run of a set like this. It’s only referring to the car and I’ll bet my left nut on that.

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

I AM sure. It would be monumentally stupid of LEGO to have a limited run of a set like this. It’s only referring to the car and I’ll bet my left nut on that.

So what will be the fate of that precious accessory of yours if the set itself is not limited but that mysterious "slipcase" is limited? :grin:

16 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Looks to me like, if it has something like that, it will be some paper stuff similar to the Porsche Creator package that was only available at the start of the set on sale. 

What I am able to read from Promobricks.de sounds pretty similar. Which means the set won't be limited but that "slipcase" that comes with the first batch of the set will be. (edit: again, IF there is a "slipcase") 

This is besides me thinking that there is no way the set itself will ever be limited production. 

Edited by Appie

I very highly doubt they would limit such a set that will almost print them the infinite money. That is absolutely the dumbest business move to take. Why make just €2.000.000,- (before expenses, taxes, wages, etc...) when you can make literal millions more? I think that it might just be a special version which they might raffle off to VIP members, give to contest winners or sell at special events.

Discover how the LEGO® Technic Ferrari Daytona SP3 model was designed ant built alongside the development of the real-life, limited-edition supercar.

They are definitely describing the real life car here if you ask me. 

Edited by LvdH

If it’s just a pile of paper like the collection that came with the Porsche Creator car then I’m not bothered if I don’t get the “limited” pack. But I do want the set.

The limited slip was 100% on the packaging of the Technic Car in the picture I saw with a number. That being said, I can't see TLG make limited of this. I can see however, that they make a limited edition + regular edition as something "new" for this series. There's only so much you can do with a car/marketing/ making it special. I think we'll get more info in 2 weeks time. 

It definitely looks like the most gapless super car LEGO has released so far. All the new red pieces will no doubt be welcomed by a lot of people.

I like the new rims/tyres. I prefer this way of getting a thinner tyre profile compared to the current method of overlapping the rim over the tyre. It looks more flush and smooth. I hope they’ve made a mirror version of the rims for the other side of the car, if they’ve only got them as one directional it will look funny. 

Despite me not really liking the car in real life I think they’ve done a pretty good job of making the rear. I definitely think it’s more accurate looking than the rear of the Sian. The door shape looks pretty good too. Looks wise the front view with the windscreen shape will make or break the model for me. It’s hard to see if they have a proper windscreen (looking on my phone). In one way I hate that as it would deviate from the look of all the other cars, but on the other side I think it could make the model look a lot better... the windscreen has a very particular shape and it could look weird with just the frame. Side mirrors are terrible but really don’t expect anything else and it’s an easy thing to fix. 

I also don’t see any obvious blue pins? Maybe it’s just the lighting in the photo but fingers crossed. Ferrari are probably the most artistic brand they’ve dealt with so hopefully they said the blue pins won’t good enough (one can only hope). 

Anyway, look forward to seeing more photos and more details of the internals/functions.

3 hours ago, OnyyX said:

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but does indeed seem that there is a "Limited Slipcase edition" of only 5000 units. I reckon its similair to the Porsche 18+ car with the wallet and paper stuff but who knows.

https://sasatimes.com/lego-42143-ferrari-daytona-sp3-preview-the-new-technic-supercar/ 

I typically recycle boxes, so I can wait for a standard version. It looks good so far, but will the internals be anything different from previously?

Just noticed there is a new 3x5 curved panel in red and black at the roof used. I suppose it's better than stacking 1x5 elipse extension pieces. It's good to have a half piece if the usual 1x13 curved panel.

41 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I typically recycle boxes, so I can wait for a standard version. It looks good so far, but will the internals be anything different from previously?

I'm betting the same as previous years..... Big box that lifts up, 5-6 smaller boxes with another for wheels + tires, and 2 instruction books. Id say they might do what they did with the Sian and have the bonnet with badge on the front of the box and the image of the car on the back. 
The Limited edition thing will probably be, like I said, what they did with the Porsche 18+ set from last year, a Porsche wallet, some certificates and photos and nothing more.
I wonder if there might be a new promo included with this, would be interesting..... Maybe a smaller Ferrari or something along those lines.

Someone cleaned up the grainy image a bit, see for example at bricktastic. Does anyone know what parts the red horizontal stripes at the back may be composed of?

Edited by astyanax
Typo