55 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

With all the new blue panels we’ve been getting, I wouldn’t be surprised that the interior is blue.

Mmm, old-good blue seats :blush:

Guys, do you think Lego going to incorporate the new 12t and 20t gears in the upcoming Supercar? Maybe this is really a stupidity to ask but we just saw them with the 42140 few months back and a video showing their capacities uploaded just a few weeks ago. I guess for the gearbox where there are 20t/12t double bevel gear pair replacing them with this new gears pair can reduce friction (I dunno to what extent) in highest gear(s). Yes, a display oriented set, limited play-ability values but then again JB70 and the gang will start tinkering it and that's where the fun begins IMO.

Edited by thekoRngear

5 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

Guys, do you think Lego going to incorporate the new 12t and 20t gears in the upcoming Supercar? Maybe this is really a stupidity to ask but we just saw them with the 42140 few months back and a video showing their capacities uploaded just a few weeks ago. I guess for the gearbox where there are 20t/12t double bevel gear pair replacing them with this new gears pair can reduce friction (I dunno to what extent) when in highest gear(s). Yes, a display oriented set, bigger limited play-ability values but then again JB70 and the gang will start tinkering it again and that's where the fun begins IMO.

I see no reason for TLG to introduce those new gears unless there was a plan to use them in all places where the beveled counterparts were previously used only as a spur gear. They are probably slightly less expensive to produce (simpler mould) along with the reduced friction.

I think it would be smart to use the new gears everywhere where the bevel is not needed. I mean, whats the point to keep using the bevel version? They cause additional friction and have to benefits in return. But somehow I feel like this isn't going to happen.

1 minute ago, Gray Gear said:

I think it would be smart to use the new gears everywhere where the bevel is not needed. I mean, whats the point to keep using the bevel version? They cause additional friction and have to benefits in return. But somehow I feel like this isn't going to happen.

I could also be that this will happen eventually but not immediately, as I imagine TLG has a huge number of the beveled gears stored and they would want to reduce that stash before committing fully to the replacement of them with the new spur gears. But we shall see.

31 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

From the AFOL's stand point, you're right, there is no point in continuing the bevel version where it isn't needed. After all, we've got heaps of the old ones we can use whenever we need the bevels, and there's enough supply that they should remain cheap indefinitely on Bricklink, no matter how little they get used in sets going forward.

The only issue I see is for people building from a more limited supply of bricks. Switching to less versatile gears would be a pain for young builders working from only a few sets, and also be annoying to AFOLs building B/C models for sets.

@howitzer yes maybe, but where the bevel is still needed the bevel gears will still have to be used in the future, so its not like the bevel gears are being retired, just maybe less common. 

44 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

The only issue I see is for people building from a more limited supply of bricks. Switching to less versatile gears would be a pain for young builders working from only a few sets, and also be annoying to AFOLs building B/C models for sets.

True, but I doubt TLG has ever wasted a thought on this. Otherwise they wouldn't dump a truckload of color vomit in every set. That's a much bigger pain, especially for the groups you mentioned.

Edited by Gray Gear

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

Agreed. I think using the new types of gears will eventually be more common/happening. Maybe Lego will start using them selectively. I guess the upcoming super car had its development years started before the 42140 and hence we might not see them in it. According to Zerobricks the new 12t gear is also requiring less slack and more well-behaving with the rack (see the new gear stress test thread) which is good for steering. 

Saw a leak today. Looks like there will be a 5k limited "Slip" version. Car looks really nice. I wish I kept the pictures I saw but totally forgot to save them. It's red. Obviously could have been a good fake but looked legit. Didn't see any functions so no idea there. Rims are 5 spoke. 

6 hours ago, SheldonF said:

Saw a leak today. Looks like there will be a 5k limited "Slip" version. Car looks really nice. I wish I kept the pictures I saw but totally forgot to save them. It's red. Obviously could have been a good fake but looked legit. Didn't see any functions so no idea there. Rims are 5 spoke. 

So your entire post is about pouring oil into the fire of speculation? I´ve had a dream about a nice red car with 5-spoke rims too :snicker:... It must come true in some way :wink:.

5 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

So your entire post is about pouring oil into the fire of speculation? I´ve had a dream about a nice red car with 5-spoke rims too :snicker:... It must come true in some way :wink:.

Haha unfortunetly yes :( also fair warning my standard for "looks really nice" is much much much lower than most of you here so want to point that out before anyone thinks otherwise. I only saw one angle ( rear quarter view) and some text. Like I said could be completely fake but if that "slip" thing is true (limited edition of 5000) then it was real. 

I’m a bit confused. Did you see a leak of the real car or of the Lego car? Where did you see it? 

I saw a leak of the lego car(a picture of the car on the box/info slip)/box. It could have been fake. In the Lego Technic Group on Facebook someone made a post with two pictures offering to tell two copies however he said "I don't know what they're worth as they're unreleased". When I tried to access the post on my browser ( I was on my phone) the post was deleted. I have 0 to gain from making anything up and admit I could have been fooled as well but it did look pretty real to me. 

Edited by SheldonF

If correct, I wonder what "slip" means? Probably a limited edition with a slip cover like most Blu-ray disks come in.

Seems like it is real leak. It looks like use new tire not even wheel. Tire's sidewall is more thinner than porsche/bugatti/sian's.

Thanks! I love the rims +  new tires a lot :wub:. The overall shape seems not bad too. Do I spot an actual front windscreen through the fog or is it just dreaming *huh*... ?!

Edited by brunojj1

Hard to see if there are any new panel molds. But I'm pretty sure I'm seeing these in red now:

250x250p.jpg?1642536045.450151250x250p.jpg?1646105545.3422916250x250p.jpg?1642515746.2278547

And it looks like 15L Wheel Arch in red... But curved :hmpf_bad: I dont think the straight wheel arches will ever come in a useful color

That does look very real. The thing that convinced me it's real are the "mirrors" Lego still won't actually design :sceptic:

Edited by LvdH

4 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I may be wrong but this looks like a 5x3x2 curved panel extention:

Looks like the roof might be made of the same part in black.

Also these in lbg!

image.png.a3daebc8b8014f45cd18d35079e28e52.png

I'm not so happy about the limited edition:laugh: Though it would be fun to have some major alteration on the mighty few (like a convertible in a brand new color ), but it's a bit of a pity to not offer to the wider audience.