Negative Nancy here! I cant believe they chose this car. It really boggles my mind what goes on at Lego and who decided this car would be a good car to choose. Especially for a brand like Ferrari. The LaFerrari would have easily been the best choice for this but no.
I know Im going to eat my words here but I bet this car is not gonna look good in Lego form, even tho IMO it doesn't look good irl either.
Lets hope the functions make up for it though. The car has a removable roof so lets hope they at least add that.

2 hours ago, langko said:

Using the existing wheel arch panels they are definitely not going to do a good job of the rear section at all.

I think the rear section can be done like that in the 42123 Senna McLaren, where the designer uses the #5 & #6 panels instead of mudguard pieces.

@OnyyX the LaFerrari is old now in the car world so doesn’t fit with how these models are being released.

as to the back end I can see a panel fairing being mounted vertically to do the bit behind the rear wheel and then perhaps a curved panel across the back

2 hours ago, langko said:

In my opinion this has to be one of the ugliest Ferraris to have chosen.

1 hour ago, OnyyX said:

IMO it doesn't look good irl either.

Well the Lamborghini Sian is an ugly beast in reality as well, so beauty doesn't seem to be a criterion... :laugh_hard:

I think it looks alright!

Hope they make it in standard red color.

And i hope they do something fancy for the wheels. They are directional, so they have to make two molds for left and right wheels. And they are available in silver or grey with silver.

If they make the grey-silver one they need to print it, and basically need to make two prints for left and right wheels:wub_drool:

A great parts pack… to build another Ferrari, perhaps LaFerrari Aperta. I will buy it still, but no way will I build that ugly SP3. What’s wrong with Ferrari styling department recently? Squinty headlights, pointy nose, and overly complicated rear… other than the 296 GTB, it’s just going downhill starting from the SF90

On the other hand, those SP3 wheels look very saucy, cant wait for Lego to make them! And I hope we get a yellow Ferrari instead of red, there are too many red technic vehicle sets around imo 

@lnteknik Ferraris design went downhill after the F40 as far as I’m concerned but that’s just me showing my age.

Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

and if we all liked the same thing the world would be boring

I don't care how it looks. They could choose a reliant robin, if they made the gearbox realistic and introduced leaf springs I'd buy that over a Ferrari.  But sure it has to look good on the box. 

But let's see, will the mechanics of this car make it the worthy successor to 8880 we've been waiting for? I remember 8880 also being called the Daytona VX4 supercar by Lego. Maybe it's just coincidence but in my own little world, this new car also being called a Daytona puts it in direct competition with the old Daytona supercar!

On the good side, I'm so very glad they went with a regular combustion engine car as opposed to an electric as at least we'll get some mechanics! On the negative side however the Daytona looks to be a mid engined V12 with flappy paddles and rear wheel drive, so the Sian in red minus the front wheel drive, and still no chance of an 8880 style stick shift but with more speeds and cool linkage to the gearbox. I hope (but probably shouldn't expect) that they heard the critisms of the Sian (in terms of not being much of a technical improvement of the Chiron before it) and have in some way (maybe one of the few mentioned here numerous times) brought something other than a repackaged Sian. 

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

@lnteknik Ferraris design went downhill after the F40 as far as I’m concerned but that’s just me showing my age.

Remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

and if we all liked the same thing the world would be boring

Best post in this topic so far :thumbup:

I absolutely hate the new Ferrari look, especially the car they chose. I would say the only good looking Ferrari as of recent is the Roma.

19 minutes ago, IA creations said:

I absolutely hate the new Ferrari look, especially the car they chose. I would say the only good looking Ferrari as of recent is the Roma.

IMHO Roma looks decent, but whole that "plastic" look with Sharpe lines on lights etc is not my thing. Even Italians learned nothing from Giovanni Michelotti...

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

erraris design went downhill after the F40

Mostly I agree, but there are some marbles like the F355 or the California.

I think the rear end grill will just be a sticker sheet or made with system bricks :D

2 hours ago, Jundis said:

I think the rear end grill will just be a sticker sheet or made with system bricks :D

That's just what i was going to say!

15 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think the rear section can be done like that in the 42123 Senna McLaren, where the designer uses the #5 & #6 panels instead of mudguard pieces.

Yes I did the same thing with my Senna model. I think at this scale it could still look weird if there's a mudguard panel on the front and then a weird combination of whatever at the back. Would kinda ruin the flow I think. Even if they do go that panel route, getting the way the rear grill merges with the wheel arch would still be a massive challenge to do cleanly and accurately. 

14 hours ago, astyanax said:

Well the Lamborghini Sian is an ugly beast in reality as well, so beauty doesn't seem to be a criterion... :laugh_hard:

Haha true, but I don't think the weird olive green colour helps the Sians case. I think it looks better when you see the versions in some other colours. I would take an all purple Sian over the SP3 any day.

11 hours ago, SNIPE said:

The back of that car looks like a vaccum cleaner.

Made my day :laugh_hard:

13 hours ago, lnteknik said:

A great parts pack… to build another Ferrari, perhaps LaFerrari Aperta.

On the other hand, those SP3 wheels look very saucy, cant wait for Lego to make them! 

My thoughts too. I will keep final judgement until I see the finished model. But fingers crossed this is a decent parts pack to build T-Lego's upcoming LaFerrari... or to make my own Ferrari MOC.

The wheels are probably the only thing I'm looking forward too, be good to add silver wheels to the rather limited options. (Chiron wheels don't go with much, and Sian's gold wheels don't suit everything)

11 hours ago, therealjustin said:

Yuck. Not a fan of the SP3 at all.

There are so many beautiful Ferrari models to choose from!

Yeah, like for other vendors. But they obviously insists on promoting their brand-drive flagships. Daytona is positioned as a new flagship, after LA Ferrari, which being a pretty nice car, now is just a nothing more than a deprecated model for the vendor...

Based on real car I don't think k it will too much differ from Sian functions wise. Automatic gear shifting will be something great and it will be first set that will have it. So I hope for this, really.

They can really shine in car design, Sian proved that they are able to improve it. Chiron and Porsche lego design was with some unpleasant details.

Also I hope there will be darker tone of red and not classic red as always for Ferrari cars. I think Sian colour was mistake due to inconsistencies brick colours.

So lets hope, that summer is final date of release.

On 2/27/2022 at 11:50 AM, BennyF said:

at least make it white with red interior :D

PLEASE!!! That would at least the hideous appearance of this car. 

Functions sound decent, but there needs to be something original, somehow.

3 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Functions sound decent, but there needs to be something original, somehow.

Detachable roof for the targa- version 😄

Maybe we'll get classic blue interior?

27544433-interieur-des-ferrari-daytona-s