I hope iit’s the red LeMans Hypercar with Ferrari prints, without promotion on it and with transparent engine, engine hood

Edited by Al Ex

So, is it not delayed then? Red would be a good choice, I'd also love to see a fully black or white supercar. But until we know more about it it's hard to get excited just yet. It might be another Chiron/Sian in red, it might be electric, or my hopes of a realistic gearbox will come true. Who knows at this point!

12 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Although I agree with @kbalage in his video saying it would be great to have a different take in the next model. Something else cool that's not gearbox focused, as good as they are.

One can only hope so - Lego designers thinking out of the usual box and bring us something really interesting. Most likely that´s not gonna happen - unfortunately they are just locked in their tradition, fear the unexpected. Let them prove otherwise and once justify the price tag.

9 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Now the real car is probably a hybrid with electric motors for front wheel drive and a third one to assist the ICU engine.

I think this would be a good way to motorize the model by having the front wheels driven by a couple of motors while keeping the rear axle with the classical 8+R gerabox - I had the same idea for the AMG One model, but never finished it.

The LaFerrari had an electric engine as small helper which I found OK and kind of rational concept wise (nothing is rational in this car though). The new Hypercar League uses "castrated" small engines with some lousy 500 HP - sorry - this has nothing to do with a hypercar concept per definition or striving for the ultimate performance. Instead an additional lousy electric concept is forced upon it for whatever reason, that doesn´t make a lot of sense to me and just reflects the "green" actionism of a weird extiction rebellion philosophy. I oppose that compulsion.

Different thing when it comes to a Lego creation - here it´s the more interesting for me to experiment with different motors, setups and combinations. As you said "front wheels driven by a couple motors" sounds so easy, which is absolutely not and one of my biggest challenges so far.

I am not sure if a color has been confirmed, but yellow is also a really good candidate for a Ferrari. Not only has LEGO never released a large scale car in yellow, it's also (probably) the second most common color for a Ferrari behind red. 

I would be pretty surprised if it wasn’t red... I would also be surprised if those new red panels on the Porsche didn’t make an appearance, I find it hard to believe they were purely created for that set. 

If I have a quick look on Carsales.com for my country (Australia) and filter by Ferrari and then colour. Red blows everything out of the water. At the time of writing yellow only comes in 6th, with surprisingly more available for sale in blue...

Red - 62

Black - 16

Grey - 14

Blue - 12

White - 11

Yellow - 9

Just now, Zerobricks said:

Grey or white would be refreshing indeed.

LBG! LBG! LBG!

I think this is a minority position...

2 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

LBG! LBG! LBG!

I think this is a minority position...

Grey probably includes silver-ish colors, I’ve seen a few IRL in that color. 

Interesting how uncommon yellow is though. 

Glad to hear we’re getting a Ferrari.

Hope it’s a road car like the others and not a race car.

As to colour if I remember my Ferrari history well the yellow on the badge is the colour of Modena and deep in Ferraris history. So although we all think of blood red Ferraris a yellow one is equally relevant. But I think we’ll get a red one as that’s the colour everyone associates them with.

So what could it be ?

296 GTB - this is due on sale this year but has already been shown. This could be yellow and grey instead of red. Just google it.

Purosangue - their SUV / high riding vehicle. Not properly seen by the public yet. But I can’t see it being not a Supercar.

Daytona SP3 - a limited volume car in a similar vein to the Sian, so potential. Has been shown to the world.

F75 - whatever this turns out to be.

? - something else that no one in the public is aware of.

I’ll have to get on LinkedIn and contact some people I know :)

Edited by Seasider

13 hours ago, blondasek said:

Who said it will be red..? ;)

Not making it red will reduce the sales, people just like red Ferraris 😄

14 hours ago, blondasek said:

Who said it will be red..? ;)

As I understood, that source also was not 100% sure, that it will be ferrari.

Not so long ago there was audi R9 anounced.

Even if they are called hypercar, the new LeMans cars look like prototypes. I don't think that they feet with the other Lego 1:8 cars.

It would be much more logical to have a road car.

1 hour ago, IA creations said:

Not making it red will reduce the sales, people just like red Ferraris 😄

Really doubt. Lambo is not yellow/orange and it is selling very good (hope). I do expect yellow/white Ferrari instead of red.

Red yellow or white will all be great as long as TLG uses the normal colors and doesn't decide to do another useless new color :sadnew:

Edited by Gray Gear

As long as it is a road car I don't care if it is pink. :) 

Edited by dabo

Being a Ferrari will not make any improvements to the last 3 ones. A Koenigsegg would have more functions and innovation with the Ghost thing imo

3 minutes ago, BennyF said:

Being a Ferrari will not make any improvements to the last 3 ones. A Koenigsegg would have more functions and innovation with the Ghost thing imo

Intersting, why that? Apart from the fact that a Technic chassis can deliver a ton of functions which are only depending on the fantasy and creativity of the builder, I agree the car model itself should have a kind of "soul", not literally of course. But I´ve never heard that a Ghost constitutes an additional innovative function itself :pir_tong2: .

3 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Intersting, why that? Apart from the fact that a Technic chassis can deliver a ton of functions which are only depending on the fantasy and creativity of the builder, I agree the car model itself should have a kind of "soul", not literally of course. But I´ve never heard that a Ghost constitutes an additional innovative function itself :pir_tong2: .

Have you ever tried designing a model with a fully functional ghost? It's a soul-wrenching experience...

1 hour ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Have you ever tried designing a model with a fully functional ghost? It's a soul-wrenching experience...

Actually not, it has been busted. So I´ll be waiting for the Ferrari SUV and modify this way to attach some character to it :laugh:.

LEGO-Ghostbusters-ECTO-1-remix-reddit-fe

7 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

waiting for the Ferrari SUV

Oh no... I had no idea it's actually a thing.

What an unfortunate creation. They're calling it Purosangue, but we must recall that if your blood gets too pure, you get a Hapsburg chin :pir-sick:

Purosangue SUV to share its platform with the Ferrari Roma - The Supercar  Blog

What happened at the rear end?

Anyway its lines rather remind me of a Reliant Scimitar.

5-reliant-scimitar-gte-hero-rear.jpg

Edited by amorti

I found the Daytona SP3 looks even more terrible from behind :pir-bawling:.. Usually it´s the other way around when being attracted by the beauties :grin:..

2022-ferrari-daytona-sp3-rear-view-carbu