Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 23. Rumors and discussion

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Incredible head! Mind me asking where this is from? Is this a pick a brick /BAM piece? Hope it’s not too old..

Star Wars Advent Calendar 2018

So I bought most of a case from koles to feel at home. So I go to return the extras only 5 of them and when they were being scanned one of them had a different barcode.  She ended up scanning one of the other after I explained the guy had just scanned the one 18 times. 

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Incredible head! Mind me asking where this is from? Is this a pick a brick /BAM piece? Hope it’s not too old..

It's from a Star Wars Advent Calendar. You can find it on Bricklink for a reasonable enough price.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Robert8

Edited by Karalora

3 days left until Series 23’s relese! Woohooo.Since no one answered my quesition (about ordering two 6 packs), I guess, I will go ahead and order two packs and see how many uplciated minifigures i get. 

7 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

3 days left until Series 23’s relese! Woohooo.Since no one answered my quesition (about ordering two 6 packs), I guess, I will go ahead and order two packs and see how many uplciated minifigures i get. 

My experience with the 6 pack boxes wasn't good.  Ordered two of the Marvel ones & got the same 6 figures in each.  When I  ordered the Muppets ones I  knew I wanted doubles of a lot of them so I  ordered 3 boxes figuring the odds should be in my favor to get all 12.  All three boxes had the same six figures.  I'd suggest either getting the figures from a source guaranteeing all 12 or splitting the order between different sources.  I  may take a gamble again this time because I know I want duplicates again.

1 hour ago, karrit said:

My experience with the 6 pack boxes wasn't good.  Ordered two of the Marvel ones & got the same 6 figures in each.  When I  ordered the Muppets ones I  knew I wanted doubles of a lot of them so I  ordered 3 boxes figuring the odds should be in my favor to get all 12.  All three boxes had the same six figures.  I'd suggest either getting the figures from a source guaranteeing all 12 or splitting the order between different sources.  I  may take a gamble again this time because I know I want duplicates again.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with me. It does  sound great - it’s my first time to hear that you got 3 packs and you got the exac same figures. 

So now i change my mind on ordering two packs. 

I found S23 at my local Kohl's here in Fort Worth. Got a couple of knights, and I'm happy to report that if you've got the spare legs, torsos and helmets, its easy to turn one minifig into two, with it's printed torso for guards and armor for knights. The fact that they come with two swords is a nice bonus too. I happened to have lots of spare legs that match the arms, and I think it makes for a nice look.

52320656409_1eda0d238d_z.jpg

I feel like it was forever since Brick Con. Finally it’s tomorrow that Serie 23 will be available for purchase online. 

Found Series 23 in my local Walmart earlier today.  I ended up with 11 out of 12 of the figures.  Somehow I missed the Wolf, could have sworn I definitely found that one but nope.  I was also able to get duplicates of most of the ones I wanted more than one of.  I did end up with a double of the Robot and a third Dragon so those will be going back.  Need to find a few more of the Knight, maybe another Nutcracker or two, a couple more Elves and the Wolf.  I  might try for another Fairy too.  At least I don't have to gamble on the 6 pack boxes this time around.

44 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

6 Pack is on back order already ?

Target is currently showing them available.

16 minutes ago, karrit said:

Target is currently showing them available.

I mean, sure. But it’s pretty unusual seeing 6 Pack being on back order at Lego S@H today. i already ordered and got the email saying it’s out of stock. As soon as it will be restocked, they would ship it out to me. So…. I won’t need to buy another 6 Pack off Target. 

I did really good when I felt the packs in Walmart yesterday.  The only thing I messed up on was taking an extra Robot & thinking I had the Wolf when I didn't.  Don't know why I took 3 of the Dragon.  I got 3 of the Knight & Dragon, 2 each of the Snowman, Nutcracker, Elf, Reindeer, Turkey, Robot and 1 each of the Popcorn guy, Captain, Fairy.

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I mean, sure. But it’s pretty unusual seeing 6 Pack being on back order at Lego S@H today. i already ordered and got the email saying it’s out of stock. As soon as it will be restocked, they would ship it out to me. So…. I won’t need to buy another 6 Pack off Target. 

I've never seen the 6 packs available on Lego.com on the first day, they've either been out of stock, back-ordered or not even showing.  I didn't bother looking at midnight this time since I had already gotten most of what I wanted in Walmart earlier in the day. 

1 hour ago, Karalora said:

Pretty pleased--I grabbed eight from the Westfield Topanga LEGO Store and only got one duplicate.

If you only grabbed them without feeling them first, that was pretty lucky :sweet:

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If you only grabbed them without feeling them first, that was pretty lucky :sweet:

That's how I roll, baby.

16 hours ago, SirBlake said:

For those finding these at retail, what store and where in the world?

Found in Walmart in Loveland, Colorado.  I didn’t leave many behind.

I went to one of the relatively close Walmarts in southern Minnesota and they had 2 boxes so I bought one and felt them up later at home and got 3 of each so I’m set with this series for a while. Might by a few more snowmen and knights but otherwise I’m ready for series 24 now.

also the reindeer head looks like a kangaroo without the antlers.

Edited by 1Panda

Series 22 was the first series I ever bought from.  I mainly wanted the bard.  But there some others I was interested in and I have kids so I ordered the max from the web site and didn’t get a single bard or the snow warrior which was another I wanted. My wife then went to Walmart and saw two left and got them.  Both were bards.  So at least I got it.  Though overall disappointed with that shopping experience.  This time I am interested in the knight and only the knight.  So went ahead and ordered 8 off bricklink at a markup.  If I happen across these in the store will try and feel out more for retail price. But I wanted at least 8, and now I got that for sure.  Definitely overpaid especially since I am mainly after parts and some like kid legs are useless to me.  But I guess better than buying a ton of crap I don’t want to try and get 8 and I don’t have the patience to search store to store feeling bags.  Now I really hope some day they give us armor and torsos for the others but not likely I guess.

I just got 3 minifigures from Lego S@H today. Thankfully no duplication (for now).

it’s Snowman, Reindeer Girl, and Popcorn Boy.  

I thought that Snowman was “meh” until I have it in my hand and he looks fantastic! Although, I wish he comes with a domed piece instead of legs. Still thinking wishfully…. I really like that a carrot nose, perfect size for his headgear. It’s really smart that top hat can be removable from that headgear. I like the sweats printed on the minifigure’s head!

I really like reindeer girl’s headgear and the gap in her teeth. Too adorable! I really like the details on her torso and legs and that gift. Antlers are a big bonus! :)

Popcorn boy is just cute but not that exciting. The popcorn costume is really cool, red-and-white stripes down his costume , making it “pop” (hehe). The popcorn texture is t pretty neat as well. His smile is just cute. But under his costume, his torso and legs are pretty…plain. No prints on his torso? And I think the desginers should include a new mold - popcorn box as an accessory.