Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 23. Rumors and discussion

I will get the costume knight for the parts, some of the other maybe if I can swap them with other figs, but do not think I will spend any money on them. In the beginning the costumed figs was funny and so popular that the price on the after-marked quickly became high, so I usually buy on of each when a series comes out. However now it is several in each series, they rarely have any useful parts or accessories and I have not used a single one in any displays I have so maybe I shall stop buying them :def_shrug: 
I am sure the kids love them, so not surprised we got something like this instead of "retro" figs or similar, but to me this is the least useful "normal" series in many years...

On 6/25/2022 at 4:46 PM, Robert8 said:

Solo pics are out!

Although i hoped for better attributes with the wolf guy that printed sack is perfect for hobo’s and medieval usage. 

The popcorn child could’ve used a tile with a VHS tape with some movie title printed on, or with a movie poster (with a referral to some old lego theme)

Also i’m hoping that the small horse head is detachable. Could be fun what people will be building with it. That it resembles a lego horse is superb. I can see this part come back (if it detaches) in recolors for statues or in the modular building line on some roof build for example. 

Glad that we’re getting a snow man. I think this will be one of the figs that will be returning (just like the chicken, bunny or banana) in upcoming builds, in BAM or as seasoned GWP’s

Dragon also needs some more things. Why not a micro fig with one of the castle houses printed on. Preferably black falcons

And i like the carboard robot but i don’t know if i need it. But the colors are splendid 

Edited by Darkdragon
please don't quote pictures! You should know better.

Lol the popcorn costume looks a bit meh. Also a bit odd that dragon suit is a pretty straight recolour rather than trying to use the Vidiyo wings or something.

I predict that new ‘Turkey tail’ piece will be reutilised for a peacock suit _ and maybe a show girl variant 

Pretty disappointed with this series honestly. I wasn't a huge fan of S18 conceptually either but that one actually has a lot over this one. S18 had a lot more universally useful or fun things than this series IMO, from new general use hair and hat pieces to things like the plant pot and cake, plus a new animal.

Here there are some ok things:

The ship's captain is a fine ship's captain and the boat is fun I guess.

The wolf has ok parts to use in conjunction with an actual wolf head, and the printed sack is good.

Christmas Elf adds a good alternative hat piece for people that like elves, and her accessory has fun parts if not amazing.

Knight is fine as a Easter egg sort of figure, and I can also see the horse head being reused in a bunch of settings if it's detachable.

Snowman is a nice novelty if not very detailed as a figure.

Nutcracker has ok parts, though also not very detailed in print style.

And that's about it from my perspective. I'm glad to see them keep using mid legs but would love to get mid legs with more broad-use prints. If the popcorn guy had a jeans print on his dark red legs for instance I might go as far as buying that figure, but as it is he does nothing for me.

It's a shame that after a few really strong unlicensed series, they've stepped backwards to this.

So something interesting I noticed - in the lifestyle pictures on shop@home there’s a wide shot that has all the characters lined up together. At the very end of the line on the left side the costumed knight is show holding her stick horse with the previously pictured shield on the ground as she’s holding some kind of sword in the other hand. It’s a distinctly different design than the one the nutcracker comes with, so it can’t be a matter of him coming with a spare and the photographer mixing it up. So there’s a possibility that the knight comes with a third accessory that isn’t seen in any of the official renders. 

The knight girls armor has an extended shoulder part.  This must be a new mold and wonder if they will use it in future sets that aren't printed.  

I think the horse head piece is detachable.  

I will be getting the green dragon to go with the older red ones.  

The elf and nutcracker are nice too.  

Turkey suit guy is pretty neat too.

Edited by zoth33

17 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

The knight girls armor has an extended shoulder part.  This must be a new mold and wonder if they will use it in future sets that aren't printed.  

Its the same as before

LEGO col132 Heroic Knight Minifigure | BrickEconomy

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Its the same as before

Ah OK thanks.  Maybe it's the picture but the other side doesn't seem to have it.  

Edited by zoth33

Kind of a meh series, it's weird that the theme is basically Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas. But there are at least a few interesting parts.

The Hobby Horse will be great for Victorian mocs, it's actually pretty cool to get an old school toy like this in Lego form.

The candy cane is pretty handy too, it'll be great for use as a cane or for an open umbrella.

Too bad these are all renderings. I wonder if that knight visor is Gold Ink or Metallic Gold and how the print quality on all will look like. That dragon costume should have gotten red wings to honor the Dragon Knight's sets.

8 hours ago, strangely said:

The Hobby Horse will be great for Victorian mocs, it's actually pretty cool to get an old school toy like this in Lego form.

Making me feel pretty old over here, lol. Did y’all not have those when you were a kid, or is it just a Victorian and 1970’s Texas thing?

8 hours ago, R0Sch said:

That dragon costume should have gotten red wings to honor the Dragon Knight's sets.

That’s a fun idea. Do-able if you have the S18 red dragon. 

55 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Making me feel pretty old over here, lol. Did y’all not have those when you were a kid, or is it just a Victorian and 1970’s Texas thing?

Nah, my sister and had a couple and we were 90s kids. I can’t imagine they’ll ever become obsolete. 

Personally, I’m less interested in the potential period accessory uses and more looking forward to how if the head is a separate piece then unprinted versions could make for some really fun architectural embellishments. 

10 hours ago, R0Sch said:

I wonder if that knight visor is Gold Ink or Metallic Gold

It is probably pearl gold :tongue: I really do not like that color :wacko:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It is probably pearl gold :tongue: I really do not like that color :wacko:

Cute that you call it ‘a’ colour, when in reality it’s several 😂

20 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Knight is fine as a Easter egg sort of figure, and I can also see the horse head being reused in a bunch of settings if it's detachable.

Coming soon ... The LEGO Godfather Movie.

So we got a red dragon suit based off a dragon from a castle set now we have a green dragon costume  recolor now we just need a green dragon to complete the circle.

Also I wasn’t aware about the bandmates series not being in a specific order for everyone I heard from someone that they were and when I went to Walmart I grabbed all the boxes from one side and got one of each so it worked for me.

Edited by 1Panda

Well crap, they just made the switch from blind bags to blind boxes. Unless there's some way to find out who is inside based on the packaging, then this just ruined CMFs for me as I only ever feel the bags so I can get the figures I want. Now its a gamble. 

16 minutes ago, Chedder_chandlure said:

Well crap, they just made the switch from blind bags to blind boxes. Unless there's some way to find out who is inside based on the packaging, then this just ruined CMFs for me as I only ever feel the bags so I can get the figures I want. Now its a gamble. 

Not for series 23, which is what this thread is about. More relevant for the 'future' thread and already being discussed there.

The switch is coming 2023, they're just showing off possible new designs. So series 23 should be fine. 

But yes, it will change my shopping habbits drastically. We have a webshop here that sells opened minifigs, I assume they will get more traffic. Wonder what the Lego shops will do? 

3 minutes ago, MAB said:

Not for series 23, which is what this thread is about. More relevant for the 'future' thread and already being discussed there.

Well thats a relief, sorry for posting that here.

Is “Switching from blind bags to boxes” the reason why Series 23 was moved to 2022 from 2023 ?