Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 23. Rumors and discussion

Most of this series is just ok, nothing bad but nothing too amazing, except for one figure...

THAT SNOW MAN!!!!!

I NEEEEEEEEEED IT!!!!!!!!

Otherwise nothing that greatly peaks my interest.

This is such a cute series! While I'm not a big fan of another series full of costumes, the combination is timely for the holiday season. And for me, it's way better than any licensed series.

I see a few long-awaited characters, namely the Snowman, Turkey Costume, and Holiday Elf. I'm intrigued by the Snowman in particular - it looks like the hat is the regular top hat mold and can (hopefully) be swapped out for other hats.

Very cute lovely LEGO CMFs Series 23 and is definitely a great one too. So glad to see a traditional series. I will definitely pick this up and add them into my collection. :wub: 

Especially with the array of other costumes characters. 

14 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Now where have I seen the ship captain's outfit before? :grin:

For those wondering, this RMS Titanic Halloween costume was made by my dad for me, around the year 2000. This was made from carboard boxes for the ship, canned spray paint for colors, yellow stickers for portholes, and carboard paper towel tubes for the outlying two red funnels. (I took up the space reserved for the middle two, very much like the CMF.) I was infatuated with the ship itself at that time. (I had not seen the complete film of the same name from '97 until I was quite a bit older... besides, the ship sinking was the only part I cared about then.) ...and yes, this is a modern photo, and the costume still exists at my dad's house.

What a coincidence. That's great! :thumbup:

As I had the Yellow Castle when I was a kid I need the knight! (At least twice - and I will add normal seized legs.)

Will try to buy the knight and dragon, the cardboard robot, the snowman and the wolf. 

Hmmmm, it seem there are NO animals in this series at all as like we did discuss a few pages ago. 

7 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

Very cute lovely LEGO CMFs Series 23 and is definitely a great one too. So glad to see a traditional series. I will definitely pick this up and add them into my collection. :wub: 

Especially with the array of other costumes characters. 

You will not do traditional reviews anymore, right??

2 hours ago, LettuceBrick said:

I wonder what is printed on the knight's torso, if anything.

Great question. Could be something awesome like the mail vest on the series 19 Fright Knight, could be nothing. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

You will not do traditional reviews anymore, right??

Unfortunately, yes as EB will not be receiving any future series for review. 

1 minute ago, Borex said:

Does the wolf only have a bag with him? 

Yes. You can see it behind the Fairy Girl's crown

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yes. You can see it behind the Fairy Girl's crown

But does that mean that popcornfigure has no attributes at all :-(

Official names

Children and adult fans get to say “Hi!” to a limited-edition range of imaginative characters, including Nutcracker, Sugar Fairy, Green Dragon Costume, Snowman, Reindeer Costume, Christmas Elf, Turkey Costume, Cardboard Robot, Popcorn Costume, Wolf Costume, Ferry Captain and Knight of the Yellow Castle.

According to this Nutcracker, Sugar Fairy, Christmas Elf and Snowman are not costumes. What an odd series.... 

5 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

Unfortunately, yes as EB will not be receiving any future series for review. 

:( that’s understandable, thanks. I enjoyed your reviews so much!

20 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Official names

Children and adult fans get to say “Hi!” to a limited-edition range of imaginative characters, including Nutcracker, Sugar Fairy, Green Dragon Costume, Snowman, Reindeer Costume, Christmas Elf, Turkey Costume, Cardboard Robot, Popcorn Costume, Wolf Costume, Ferry Captain and Knight of the Yellow Castle.

According to this Nutcracker, Sugar Fairy, Christmas Elf and Snowman are not costumes. What an odd series.... 

I don’t think it’s an odd series to me. Personally, I’m really glad that Nutcracker, Sugar Fairy, Snowman and Christmas Elf are not wearing costumes! Hooray, Series 23 is not exaclty pure of costums!

Remember Series 18 had five non-costumed minifigures (Birthday Clown, Birthday Boy, Birhtday Girl and Birthday Cake Guy, and Retro Police Officer).

Edited by DBlegonerd7

39 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Ooh that makes me want the snowman even more. Maybe i’ll buy two and use a sharpie on one of them to make him look evil

25 minutes ago, Borex said:

Ooh that makes me want the snowman even more. Maybe i’ll buy two and use a sharpie on one of them to make him look evil

Just like…that Jack Frost horror/slasher movie? 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Remember Series 18 had five non-costumed minifigures (Birthday Clown, Birthday Boy, Birhtday Girl and Birthday Cake Guy, and Retro Police Officer).

Yes, but the theme of the series was party, no just costumes. 

Im not complaining at all. I just find odd that the last time they included a Christmas character was on Series 11. And now they suddenly include 4 at once

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Official names

Yeah, it kind of seems like two series into one. Odd, but I definitely like the selection.

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Im not complaining at all. I just find odd that the last time they included a Christmas character was on Series 11. And now they suddenly include 4 at once

Ah! I see your point now. Agreed with you it’s odd to see 4 Christmas-themed minifigures in a single series. 

But I’m delighted about this series!

Remind me, what was the reason again why we're having two CMF series this year?

I read somewhere that the actual series 23 was what was supposed to have been an earlier series but delayed due to covid.

Some however suggested that this was supposed to be the anniversary set - which would have been absolutely fantastic. Oh well...

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Yes, but the theme of the series was party, no just costumes. 

Arguably six, not four. Nutcracker, fairy, reindeer, elf, Turkey & snowman. 
who are we to understand the CMF series logic?!

The knight's helmet is the regular motorcycle helmet in LBG, isn't it? That has been a high value part recently, only coming in the S9 Heroic Knight.

41 minutes ago, MAB said:

The knight's helmet is the regular motorcycle helmet in LBG, isn't it? That has been a high value part recently, only coming in the S9 Heroic Knight.

LBG?