Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 23. Rumors and discussion

Robot costume looks great! Not sure about the accesories though

Ship captain could have a female, cause that one looks a lot a like the Series 10 one

Reindeer costume looks how I expected. The antlers could be bigger IMO

51 minutes ago, Natant16 said:

Only those three?

Yeah, hopefully we’ll see the official images of the whole series drop with the next couple of days 

The series has leaked. 

Looks kinda meh overall, it's actually the first series I've felt meh about since the change to 12 figures a series, but there's still some cool figures overall.

Found this pic on lego.com just now:
009.jpg

Just now, The Stud said:

The series has leaked. 

Looks kinda meh overall, it's actually the first series I've felt meh about since the change to 12 figures a series, but there's still some cool figures overall.

Not a leak.

A pic of the whole series is on Instagram now.

Oops, y’all beat me to it :)

Edited by newwavejunkie

5 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Not a leak.

Pictures are out, same difference. It probably wasn't intentionally uploaded anyway, otherwise Lego would have actually revealed the whole set at Lego Con.

Standouts to me are the robot costume, snowman and boat captain. The turkey costume is pretty neat as well. Anyone else notice how similar the faces look between the knight and green dragon?

Edited by The Stud

1 minute ago, The Stud said:

Anyone else notice how similar the faces look between the knight and green dragon?

Yes and the knight has medium leg. :(

8 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Pictures are out, same difference. It probably wasn't intentionally uploaded anyway, otherwise Lego would have actually revealed the whole set at Lego Con.

Nah, they definitely intended to have a full reveal pretty soon after. The lego con format just sucks for revealing a large group of minifigs. Just look at the reveal clips for the Sanctum or Castle sets. The video quality for getting in close to the details was pretty garbage - no good at all for presenting a set of highly detailed minifigs. Add on a time crunch and it was definitely a conscious choice to stick to one massively scaled up character and two fairly simplistic regular ones. I expect we’ll be seeing Series 23 added to the ‘coming soon’ category of the Lego Con products page shortly. 

12 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Yes and the knight has medium leg. :(

Yeah, but unprinted, and therefore easy to switch out if you so desire. Medium legs are harder to come by so I’m not inclined to complain. Besides, it’s a costume knight with a hobby horse - making her kid sized actually makes more sense. 

Now where have I seen the ship captain's outfit before? :grin:

51645421768_736624884e_z.jpg

For those wondering, this RMS Titanic Halloween costume was made by my dad for me, around the year 2000. This was made from carboard boxes for the ship, canned spray paint for colors, yellow stickers for portholes, and carboard paper towel tubes for the outlying two red funnels. (I took up the space reserved for the middle two, very much like the CMF.) I was infatuated with the ship itself at that time. (I had not seen the complete film of the same name from '97 until I was quite a bit older... besides, the ship sinking was the only part I cared about then.) ...and yes, this is a modern photo, and the costume still exists at my dad's house.

Edited by Murdoch17

34 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Found this pic on lego.com just now:
*pic was here*

The half Fall/Winter holidays, half whatever costumes feels pretty...eh. Might end up with a spare Nutcracker costume, and I just noticed the Snowman costume has the scarf piece in red, so I'll grab an extra of that'un, too.

Anyone else noticed that about half the series are what could be interpreted as parent-child paired costumes? We’ve got the Nutcracker and Sugar Plum Fairy, the Reindeer and Elf, and the Dragon and Knight (who has teen legs). It’s pretty cute actually, kind of wish they’d taken it further - I’d much rather see a kid in a pumpkin costume to go with the turkey as opposed to that popcorn costume. 

With the excepti1538234750586036230?s=20&t=TstqwjILs5i2Aon of the Snowman, this series is an utter fail to me. And it's the de facto 90th anniversary one at that.

I mean, four (arguably 3-5) Christmas themed figures? Really?!

24 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Now where have I seen the ship captain's outfit before? :grin:

*snip*

For those wondering, this RMS Titanic Halloween costume was made by my dad for me, around the year 2000. This was made from carboard boxes for the ship, canned spray paint for colors, yellow stickers for portholes, and carboard paper towel tubes for the outlying two red funnels. (I took up the space reserved for the middle two, very much like the CMF.) I was infatuated with the ship itself at that time. (I had not seen the complete film of the same name from '97 until I was quite a bit older... besides, the ship sinking was the only part I cared about then.) ...and yes, this is a modern photo, and the costume still exists at my dad's house.

That's fun!

It's an okay series but nothing great, the false rumour of it being a 90th anniversary series lead to greater expectations.

33 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

It's an okay series but nothing great, the false rumour of it being a 90th anniversary series lead to greater expectations.

I think it was less a false rumor and more hopeful speculation. Between the amount of time that it’s been since we had two unlicensed series in a year and the fact that we knew it was going to be announced at the same time as the 90th anniversary sets it was easy to make assumptions. 

They're all ADORABLE. I don't think I've ever had a series before where I actively wanted them all, but this amazing!

8 minutes ago, Karalora said:

They're all ADORABLE. I don't think I've ever had a series before where I actively wanted them all, but this amazing!

Same here!!! I am gonna collect the enitre series!

2 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Anyone else noticed that about half the series are what could be interpreted as parent-child paired costumes? We’ve got the Nutcracker and Sugar Plum Fairy, the Reindeer and Elf, and the Dragon and Knight (who has teen legs). It’s pretty cute actually, kind of wish they’d taken it further - I’d much rather see a kid in a pumpkin costume to go with the turkey as opposed to that popcorn costume. 

Ooooo, I haven’t noticed about that but I like your observation. I think it’s absolutely cute. 

But Honeslty, I kinda want to see a baby minifigure coming in a costume tho. It may be impossible. I love one of Roberto’s design - I forgot which Series but there is a guy dressing up in Empire State Building costume with his baby in a King Kong costume - super adorable. 

I feel the ship captain is wasted potential being so similar to the Series 10 captain. Still, I’m interested to see the complete torso printing. 

Im surprised how much I like the robot, probably one of better ones in this series. 

Edited by ToaIruini
Pictures from new post with great detail

I like the gap tooth on the reindeer lady. It’s one of those small quirks that you normally wouldn’t think of but makes the character stand out. 

CarI don’t know why this Ship dude reminds me of Titanic. I guess I will place it on the Titatnic ship then.

I think Reindder Costume’s headgear is PERFECT,  I don’t think the anger ls need to be that larger (sorry Robert8)

Cardboard Robot is too cute!