Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 23. Rumors and discussion

1 hour ago, R0Sch said:

More like magenta, it's supposed to be an homage to the knights from set 375 with the golden visor from 7079 and a different plume.

I sure hope you’re right. That’s about the only way to rescue this series for someone like me. 

7 hours ago, R0Sch said:

I think the costume minifigures are more popular than some AFOL's here think. The CMF's are targeted at children too after all. I know many just buy the animal costume minifigures and leave out the rest. So for an anniversary series I don't see a problem. Certainly better than another licensed Disney series. And if you don't like the stick horse, just replace it with the white baby horse from the City Advent Calendar or so.

Don't forget costumed figs keep popping up on BAM now, so they sell well for sure. I'm personally a big fan. I just wish they had done something different this time around.

Will be interesting to see if some are passable as ‘not costumes’ or have useful parts. I’m honestly a bit -meh- at costumes at this stage, but recognise they’re popular and can yield useful bits and pieces. 

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Will be interesting to see if some are passable as ‘not costumes’ or have useful parts. I’m honestly a bit -meh- at costumes at this stage, but recognise they’re popular and can yield useful bits and pieces. 

Exactly. Girl in elf costume? Person in snowman costume? Girl in Fiary costume? I would consider them as “actual” figures instead of costumes. 

But I never thought costumes are very useful for me to do lego photography.

On 6/10/2022 at 1:02 PM, Robert8 said:

Well. Not what I was expecting

Is this tied on any way to the 90th anniversary? Cause it sure doesnt sound like it

Its more like a Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas series 

Im sure @Karalora will love it!

:pir-love:

I haven’t seen anyone bring it up yet, but the fairy is said to come with a candy cane. 

Glossing over just how wild all the winter village enthusiasts will go for a proper candy cane piece, this implies the fairy girl is Christmas themed as well. 

Could she be intended to be a Sugar Plum Fairy to go with the Nutcracker costume guy?

18 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I haven’t seen anyone bring it up yet, but the fairy is said to come with a candy cane. 

Glossing over just how wild all the winter village enthusiasts will go for a proper candy cane piece, this implies the fairy girl is Christmas themed as well. 

Could she be intended to be a Sugar Plum Fairy to go with the Nutcracker costume guy?

I do wonder about candy cane too. I don’t think if it’s a new piece yet.

Yeah it does seem that this Fiary minifigure is more Christmassy than Halloween-y. 

I’m so glad that this Series 23 has some useful accessories & parts. Fro example, we have Snowman costume but we can pass it as “actual” snowman. And we will have snow globe and candy cane for Winter Village. Probably a printed gift box would be decorated in some sharp details. 

As for Turkey Costume, it gives me a silly idea to do photography. I imagine I put Turkey Guy on a plate!

On 6/10/2022 at 7:34 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Interesting, was wondering when they would "break the news" since they knew about the full list at least two weeks back.

I still find hard to believe there isnt a single animal mold in this series 

Maybe TLG asked them to leave some details out of the description?

Series 23 would be the first regular series without a single animal mould since Series 8, released in 2012!

39 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Series 23 would be the first regular series without a single animal mould since Series 8, released in 2012!

I think there are definitely some missing details. The dragon and popcorn costumes don’t mention any accessories at all, despite the fact that it’s been ages since having a large costume meant nothing extra. The wolf and ship costumes are also suspiciously sparse. Especially with the wolf - the Fox and raccoon also each came with a sack piece but also came with a chicken and a trash can respectively, so it seems unlikely the wolf would only have a sack (and the sheep/lamb/piglet molds already exist to tie into a pretty classic narrative). 

49 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Yes and back then new and/or several accessories was not so common anyway, from series 15 we have normally gotten 2 animals in every normal series and 1 in every licensed series (with the exception of HP/FB1 that had a lot) :cry_sad:

13 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I remember reading somewhere it was implied the series 23 will be revealed at LEGO CON which is this upcoming Saturday.

Yeah, I remember that too. I think @Accio Lego did mention that here in a few pages ago. 

On 5/17/2022 at 12:12 PM, Accio Lego said:

I know everyone here is probably pretty apathetic about Lego Con - but this year one of the themes they’ve promised reveals in is ‘Minifigures’ and that can only mean series 23! Which means we’ll either get the reveal on June 18th or it will leak/be officially announced by lego beforehand like literally everything from last year’s event. 

And for those hoping for series 23 to be anniversary themed - Lego is claiming that Lego Con is going to kick off the celebration of their 90th. Could this be linked to why series 23 is get a months-early reveal in direct contrast to the recent trend of so-late-they’re-already-being-found-on-shelves? We’ll have to wait and see. 

Found it. Where did you get this info from? 

17 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I remember reading somewhere it was implied the series 23 will be revealed at LEGO CON which is this upcoming Saturday.

4 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yeah, I remember that too. I think @Accio Lego did mention that here in a few pages ago. 

Yeah, when Lego Con was first announced there was a list of themes (including Minifigures) on the info page that were supposedly getting reveals. All the information detailing set reveals has ‘mysteriously’ disappeared for some reason (to give themselves wiggle room should there be set leaks or a need to change schedule I imagine). But Promobricks just released a character list months before we should have heard anything and I doubt that’s a coincidence. 

5 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ceviwy1tzhb/ 

There is no mention of the CMF theme whatsoever

I wish I’d thought to screenshot the original info page from the lego website. I did copy paste some of the text at the time  though. 

“More official set reveals than last year!

Expect official reveals from some of your favorite franchises.

From LEGO® Super Mario ™, LEGO Star Wars™, LEGO DOTS, LEGO Marvel, LEGO Minecraft® AND brand-new Minifigures (to name a few), there are more official reveals than ever at LEGO CON 2022.”

It notability also mentioned DOTS, which also doesn’t get mentioned in today’s new promos, and Minecraft and Star Wars, which rated a mention but with no reference to set reveals (despite the fact that we’re pretty certain they’re coming). I’m inclined to suspect Minifigures and DOTS just didn’t rate a mention there because they aren’t as big ticket and likely to get kids excited as the themes that have outside media linked to them. 

15 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

I knew I wasn’t dreaming it!

Glad we helped you!

On 6/13/2022 at 12:17 PM, Accio Lego said:

I wish I’d thought to screenshot the original info page from the lego website. I did copy paste some of the text at the time  though. 

“More official set reveals than last year!

Expect official reveals from some of your favorite franchises.

From LEGO® Super Mario ™, LEGO Star Wars™, LEGO DOTS, LEGO Marvel, LEGO Minecraft® AND brand-new Minifigures (to name a few), there are more official reveals than ever at LEGO CON 2022.”

It notability also mentioned DOTS, which also doesn’t get mentioned in today’s new promos, and Minecraft and Star Wars, which rated a mention but with no reference to set reveals (despite the fact that we’re pretty certain they’re coming). I’m inclined to suspect Minifigures and DOTS just didn’t rate a mention there because they aren’t as big ticket and likely to get kids excited as the themes that have outside media linked to them. 

On 6/13/2022 at 1:13 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

I knew I wasn’t dreaming it!

here is a link to the actual webpage.  

What to Expect To See At LEGO Con 2022 | Official LEGO® Shop US (archive.org)What to Expect To See At LEGO Con 2022 | Official LEGO® Shop US (archive.org)

Hope that helps you all.