Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 23. Rumors and discussion

13 minutes ago, General Magma said:

Just an idea for all of them, I think this would be a solid list:

1. Gold Classic Spaceman (Classic Space)
2. Classic Crown Knight (Classic Castle)
3. Lion King (Castle Lion Knights)
4. Octan Mechanic (Town)
5. Wolfpack Soldier (Castle Wolfpack)
6. Admiral Woodhouse (Pirates)
7. Basil the Bat Lord (Fright Knights)
8. Cavalry General / Sheriff (Western) / Tribal Shaman
9. King Kahuka (Pirates)
10. Alpha Draconis (UFO)
11. Pippin Reed (Adventurers)
12. Ogel (Alpha Team)

It’s a good list, but since we’ve already gotten a Crown Knight in the CMF range, I would like to see that substituted with either a fantasy era troll or some form of dragon knight (black knight/dragon master/kingdoms dragon). 

6 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

It’s a good list, but since we’ve already gotten a Crown Knight in the CMF range, I would like to see that substituted with either a fantasy era troll or some form of dragon knight (black knight/dragon master/kingdoms dragon). 

I actually mean this crown knight, but one of the others that are similar would be possible as well:

cas081s_medium.jpgs-l300.jpgs-l400.jpgcas083s.jpg

Edited by General Magma

7 minutes ago, General Magma said:

I actually mean this crown knight, but one of the others that are similar would be possible as well:

Ooooh, yeah, that’d be fantastic. 

Edited by SirBlake

1 hour ago, General Magma said:

Just an idea for all of them, I think this would be a solid list:

1. Gold Classic Spaceman (Classic Space)
2. Classic Knight (Classic Castle)
4. Octan Mechanic (Town)
5. Wolfpack Soldier (Castle Wolfpack)
6. Admiral Woodhouse / Captain Ironhook (Pirates)
7. Basil the Bat Lord (Fright Knights)
8. Cavalry General / Sheriff / Tribal Shaman (Western)
9. King Kahuka (Pirates)
10. Alpha Draconis (UFO)
11. Pippin Reed / Dr. Kilroy / Pharaoh Hotep / Achu (Adventurers)
12. Ogel (Alpha Team)

Solid list! I'd stick with Hotep or Achu for #11. Also, a forestman would be an interesting option for #5 (but this is moot since we are getting new ones this year).

1 hour ago, General Magma said:

I don't think we'll see that visor piece again, at least without some modifications. It broke very easily. I believe it was even made from a slightly different material.

2 hours ago, 1980-Something-Space-Guy said:

I don't think we'll see that visor piece again, at least without some modifications. It broke very easily. I believe it was even made from a slightly different material.

While I agree, I think an interpretation using a more modern flip up visor could work well. 

I think it’s way to optimistic to think that every single character in the series will be a 1:1 recreation of an older classic character. And Lego is going to want to represent their entire run, not just the classic stuff - they’ve got 90 years to pull from remember.  
I think a more realistic list would look like:

1. New brick suit color

2. new animal costume (probably Lion or Crocodile, since they featured in both fabuland and chima)

3. Castle (realistic - either some sort of royalty or another knight)

4. Fantasy Castle (possibly an elf - perhaps with a baby dragon to reference the Elves minidoll theme (not to mention that the snow warrior from series 22 proves lego is absolutely willing to do nods to GoT))

5. Gold classic space man/woman

6. Space sci-fi/alien 

7. Pirate of some sort

8. Western (cowboy/girl etc.)

9. City (athlete)

10. City (profession/musician)

11. Bionicle tribute (possibly another costume)

12. Multicultural Historical (ninja/samurai to reference Ninjago is possible but I’d also love to see them do a more realistic Pacific Islander warrior as a nod to King Kahuka from pirates)

4 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I think it’s way to optimistic to think that every single character in the series will be a 1:1 recreation of an older classic character. And Lego is going to want to represent their entire run, not just the classic stuff - they’ve got 90 years to pull from remember.  
I think a more realistic list would look like:

Perhaps, but I still hope they'll do it :head_back:

10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

And Lego is going to want to represent their entire run, not just the classic stuff - they’ve got 90 years to pull from remember.  

The minifigure was introduced in 1978, though, so we're likely talking about 44 years of minifigs to select from. You are right, though. The Search-and-Find book they released recently includes most themes across their history, and I think it had a good balance.

They might even throw a Ninjago figure in there, since it's such a huge part of their history (even if we already have enough Ninjago minifigs).

Edited by 1980-Something-Space-Guy

1 hour ago, 1980-Something-Space-Guy said:

The minifigure was introduced in 1978, though, so we're likely talking about 44 years of minifigs to select from. You are right, though. The Search-and-Find book they released recently includes most themes across their history, and I think it had a good balance.

They might even throw a Ninjago figure in there, since it's such a huge part of their history (even if we already have enough Ninjago minifigs).

Exactly, I get why most people here favor the older end of that 44 year spectrum, but there are also plenty of people who’ll get nostalgic about the stuff that’s 20 years old or less. Add in the kids who’ll just want a fun variety and lego is going to want to pull a little bit from everywhere. 

And I agree that a straight of Ninjago figure would feel like a letdown - but given the archetypes lego usually uses in the CMFs, I can see them doing an accurate historical/multicultural version of a samurai/ninja/Japanese mythological creature. Basically, something that could fit into the Ninjago universe while also appealing to the collectors who like the historical minifigs we’ve consistently gotten. 

A revised version of the idea list to include figures from more recent eras as well (this would be way easier if there were still 16 figure runs, but, let's assume it'll be 12 as is usual nowadays).
For the few figures that were originally either BIONICLE or minidolls, I would imagine a minifigure version of each of them.

1. Gold Classic Spaceman (Classic Space)
4. King Kahuka / Admiral Woodhouse (Pirates)
5. Achu / Pharaoh Hotep (Adventurers)
6. Alpha Draconis (UFO)
7. Toa Tahu (Bionicle)  
8. Pepper Roni (Island Xtreme Stunts)
9. Vladek (Knights Kingdom 2)
10. Squidman (Space Police 3)
11. Fuchsia Ninja / First Spinjitzu Master (Ninjago)
12. Azari Firedancer (Elves)  

Edited by General Magma

16 hours ago, General Magma said:

A revised version of the idea list to include figures from more recent eras as well (this would be way easier if there were still 16 figure runs, but, let's assume it'll be 12 as is usual nowadays).
For the few figures that were originally either BIONICLE or minidolls, I would imagine a minifigure version of each of them.

1. Gold Classic Spaceman (Classic Space)
4. King Kahuka / Admiral Woodhouse (Pirates)
5. Achu / Pharaoh Hotep (Adventurers)
6. Alpha Draconis (UFO)
7. Toa Tahu (Bionicle)  
8. Pepper Roni (Island Xtreme Stunts)
9. Vladek (Knights Kingdom 2)
10. Squidman (Space Police 3)
11. Fuchsia Ninja / First Spinjitzu Master (Ninjago)
12. Azari Firedancer (Elves)  

Achu is my holy grail so if they did that :snicker:

Kinda crazy we still don’t know anything- this is August/September release right? 

53 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

Kinda crazy we still don’t know anything- this is August/September release right? 

Should be! :)

After seeing idea Series 23 here, I wonder how many female minifigures will be included in Series 23…. 

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

After seeing idea Series 23 here, I wonder how many female minifigures will be included in Series 23…. 

Given that series 22 was pretty much even - 5 male, 5 female, 2 indeterminate gender - I think it’s safe to speculate that Lego will go that route again. It’s one of the many reasons I doubt we’ll be getting an entire series of exact copies. 

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

Given that series 22 was pretty much even - 5 male, 5 female, 2 indeterminate gender - I think it’s safe to speculate that Lego will go that route again. It’s one of the many reasons I doubt we’ll be getting an entire series of exact copies. 

Agreed. 

9 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Yup.

I can’t wait to collect them all!

I hope this year we have a hidden mini figure just as how it was for the police man in series 18

On 5/30/2022 at 4:34 AM, Lego-fire said:

I'm out of the loop -- people seem to be assuming this is a throw-back themed series. Do we know that at least, or is it total conjecture?

32 minutes ago, danth said:

I'm out of the loop -- people seem to be assuming this is a throw-back themed series. Do we know that at least, or is it total conjecture?

I think it’s hopeful conjecture … I would suggest folks don’t get carried away, lol 

2 hours ago, Libelulo1 said:

So LEGO is increasing prices of everything, upcoming +1€/$ to the cmfs?

If this happens, that might be the breaking point for the CMFs

Is there a eurobricks topic where we can discuss the price hikes? I think it's absolutely outrageous TLG is doing that after two years of record revenue, inflation be damned.

It's an expensive toy in the first place and sets are getting bigger and more expensive every year anyways. Now they're raising prices on regular playsets? Disgusting.

3 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Is there a eurobricks topic where we can discuss the price hikes? I think it's absolutely outrageous TLG is doing that after two years of record revenue, inflation be damned.

It's an expensive toy in the first place and sets are getting bigger and more expensive every year anyways. Now they're raising prices on regular playsets? Disgusting.

Like inflation isn’t a thing, and fuel isn’t getting more expensive? Not sure it’s ‘disgusting’ 

11 minutes ago, williejm said:

Like inflation isn’t a thing, and fuel isn’t getting more expensive? Not sure it’s ‘disgusting’ 

I think it is. Specifically the price increases for playsets. I couldn't care less if they put another 200 bucks on the Titanic or another 50 on the typewriter. That's how they should offset rising transport and logistic costs. But not the small stuff. The stuff a poor kid asks their parents for twice a year, where 5 euro can already make a difference. Having been that poor kid I see this issue very clearly, and if you don't then you likely come from privilege.