Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 23. Rumors and discussion

2 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

Imagine if there’s a Chima figure + a mini doll as well. I reckon they’ll choose one figure per decade (like in the tournament) and then 3 general celebratory figures like Ole Kirk, and a brick suit. 

One figure per decade? 2018 was 40th annvieary of minifigures so it would be 4 minifigures. It’s not enough for 12 minfigure slots other than Oie Kirk and brick suit.

I would imagine so many vintage AND modern characters to be included in 90th anniveary CMF.  

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Honestly this would be the best chance to re-release Mr Gold as a regular CMF

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Oh my, can you imagine how mad that would make people who "invested" in one back then?

21 minutes ago, Karalora said:

Oh my, can you imagine how mad that would make people who "invested" in one back then?

Priceless. Hope they do it. 

28 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I would love this but don't expect it to happen. Also, Lego investing is so silly. At least, it is silly to the extent that people get actually angry over Lego's decisions to release/re-release sets or minifigs because they might devalue their investments. Lego's main goal is to provide desirable products to its customers, not to provide sound investment opportunities. Whether their products retain an inflated value in the secondary market should not be a factor in deciding whether to release a product or not.

11 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I would love this but don't expect it to happen. Also, Lego investing is so silly. At least, it is silly to the extent that people get actually angry over Lego's decisions to release/re-release sets or minifigs because they might devalue their investments. Lego's main goal is to provide desirable products to its customers, not to provide sound investment opportunities. Whether their products retain an inflated value in the secondary market should not be a factor in deciding whether to release a product or not.

Indeed

20 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

One figure per decade? 2018 was 40th annvieary of minifigures so it would be 4 minifigures. It’s not enough for 12 minfigure slots other than Oie Kirk and brick suit.

I would imagine so many vintage AND modern characters to be included in 90th anniveary CMF.  

I meant like 1 to represent a theme , so like the 60s could have a town theme, 70s could have a yellow castle themed figure etc

I just hope there's one or more figs that are a great fit for the 90th Anniversary Lion King's Castle set.

The CMF line has done a pretty good job of keeping historical/fantasy/castle figs in the lineup, but something that fits like a glove would be fun. Like maybe a new herald with matching lion imagery/colors.

13 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

I just hope there's one or more figs that are a great fit for the 90th Anniversary Lion King's Castle set.

The CMF line has done a pretty good job of keeping historical/fantasy/castle figs in the lineup, but something that fits like a glove would be fun. Like maybe a new herald with matching lion imagery/colors.

Both Harry Potter series did it, so I don’t see why not. 

Preferably something similar to the lutist in series 22 with a unique new mold that they wouldn’t necessarily have the budget for in the main set. 

6 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

I meant like 1 to represent a theme , so like the 60s could have a town theme, 70s could have a yellow castle themed figure etc

Ah! That makes more sense, thanks for clarifying up! I like your idea, btw. 

Basically guaranteed to never happen but it just hit me that I would love an updated Life on Mars figure in this series.

Is it possible that Bionicle could be adapted into minifigures in one of these series even if it's just the toa mata?

1 minute ago, CallMeCarbiz said:

Someone has created something for LEGO Ideas using Minifigures and (I'm guessing) the Iron Man mask
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a24f7d5b-60dc-4bc3-8f0b-101310a18dd5

Most bionicle ideas get shot down by those that control the outcomes. But if lego themselves decided to add bionicle into a minfigures series on their own. They did do both simpsons and Disney in the past. That could become great potential, with promotional images of the old versions

This new hairpiece (third pic) reeks of CMF

Maybe a Valkyrie or something in Series 23?! :drool:

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This new hairpiece (third pic) reeks of CMF

*snip*

Maybe a Valkyrie or something in Series 23?! :drool:

Pretty good odds, I'd think. Hope that tan fur collar ends in a cheap set.

That hairpiece looks so cool! 

But if this Series 23 is 90th anniveary series, I don’t know if this hairpiece would show up in?

On 3/12/2022 at 7:19 PM, Agent Kallus said:

4 - a classic spaceman in a new colour, maybe teal, or gold.

This would be awesome!

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Okay, the Muppets Series is out in the wild. Now, Series 23…

I expect news at any minute now :sweet:

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I expect news at any minute now :sweet:

Right?? I’m really really curious about this series because it is the first time to have two regular series since licensed series took the spots years ago. Of course, it’s 90th anniveary this year and I just want to know abut this series so bad. 

Do you think there is any possibility that there will be another “catch” minifigure like Mr. Gold was?

I know everyone here is probably pretty apathetic about Lego Con - but this year one of the themes they’ve promised reveals in is ‘Minifigures’ and that can only mean series 23! Which means we’ll either get the reveal on June 18th or it will leak/be officially announced by lego beforehand like literally everything from last year’s event. 

And for those hoping for series 23 to be anniversary themed - Lego is claiming that Lego Con is going to kick off the celebration of their 90th. Could this be linked to why series 23 is get a months-early reveal in direct contrast to the recent trend of so-late-they’re-already-being-found-on-shelves? We’ll have to wait and see.