Sign in to follow this  
Elephant Knight

Blacktron Battleship "Orion's Eye.

Wow..just wow.

Words cannot express the awesomeness of your collection over time.

You are every bit a Blacktron fan that I am Mtron here. I just wish I had the mass volume of parts to play like that. I'd be going crazy on Mtron stuff.

I did see you snuck in a couple of Mtron MOC's - all on the fridge - but your Black Tron stuff is literally out of this world.

Thank you! Words cannot express how big of a Blacktron fan I am. I like to say it's not a fad for me, its a way of life.

Indeed, my M-tron MOCs are few and far between, but I do like to go with the Magnet theme of it.

EKnight

4 minutes ago, Elephant Knight said:

Thank you! Words cannot express how big of a Blacktron fan I am. I like to say it's not a fad for me, its a way of life.

Indeed, my M-tron MOCs are few and far between, but I do like to go with the Magnet theme of it.

EKnight

Totally makes sense - I've got my collection posted if you've not seen it.

Would love to hear your thoughts on my Otana MOC too seeing as you going for the big massive cool stuff hehe.
(Both links are in my sig ;) )

Looking forward to more creations! :)

Wicked battleship. I like how you included the big trans pieces to make the bow of the ship. The background is fitting. Kudos.

This model is huge. I only got a sense of the scale when looking at the trans canopies. I like the pop up guns and the Super Nova IIs it carries.

I've always liked reading your Blacktron blog as well, and good to see so many people still building Blacktron stuff.

Gotta appreciate those interior details like the ejectable warp core thing (very important feature if it's overloading!) the bridge with the consoles (gotta use as many different prints as possible! I know that impulse!) and the hanger in the back.The size has to give the new Titanic a run for its money too...

On 1/15/2022 at 9:28 AM, EamonnMR said:

Gotta appreciate those interior details like the ejectable warp core thing (very important feature if it's overloading!) the bridge with the consoles (gotta use as many different prints as possible! I know that impulse!) and the hanger in the back.The size has to give the new Titanic a run for its money too...

I'm glad you get the ejectable warp core and why it needs to be so. Made me smile. I love using as many different prints for consoles to, makes it much more interesting and visually appealing.

And to those who think this ship is big....

51812599497_707443af43.jpgOrions Eye

I plan to eventually take pictures of that behemoth someday.

EKnight

On 1/12/2022 at 12:12 PM, CP5670 said:

This model is huge. I only got a sense of the scale when looking at the trans canopies. I like the pop up guns and the Super Nova IIs it carries.

I've always liked reading your Blacktron blog as well, and good to see so many people still building Blacktron stuff.

Thanks, nice to hear that people still follow my blog, even though I don't post regularly.

Can't wait to build my Otana....to have such a large MOC like that - work of art.

Makes me really tempted to do some big MTron model or a big base.

Too many things I want too do - so little time. :)

@Elephant Knight I'm more of a Blacktron 1 person, but I really like your dedication to Blacktron 2, and this ship and that bigger ship in the preview look really great. 

The outside and the exterior details are great, I like your use of all those trans panels to give shape to the ship.

For the interior, would it not be nicer if you tried to add more white to give it a cleaner look?

9 hours ago, the Inventor said:

@Elephant Knight I'm more of a Blacktron 1 person, but I really like your dedication to Blacktron 2, and this ship and that bigger ship in the preview look really great. 

The outside and the exterior details are great, I like your use of all those trans panels to give shape to the ship.

For the interior, would it not be nicer if you tried to add more white to give it a cleaner look?

Thanks! I often do use more white on interiors, but with this ship, I went against it, as I feel the more black heavy this one is, the more "battleship" it feels. I was also a bit constrained by the size of the ship in certain areas, plus my white brick supply was a bit low after building the big one.

EKnight

Did you brick build that Blacktron Logo and arrows on the Eye? It looks great. Would definitely appreciate more shots of it!

On 1/29/2022 at 2:08 PM, EamonnMR said:

Did you brick build that Blacktron Logo and arrows on the Eye? It looks great. Would definitely appreciate more shots of it!

Yes I did, but that large ship is the Gamma Gatria, and here are a couple closer up shots of the logo:

Brickbuilt LogoGamma Gatria WIP

16 hours ago, Elephant Knight said:

Yes I did, but that large ship is the Gamma Gatria, and here are a couple closer up shots of the logo:

Brickbuilt Logo

Superb work recreating the Blacktron logo on your ship, Gamma Gatria, in brick form.