Sign in to follow this  
Stuartn

[M11-Nubia-CS] The Arrival

*Your entry has scored 17XP*

Previously:

Part 4

Imperial Dropship

Lt. Col. Dreyfus Merrik stood on the frosty Nubian landing pad. Located in the Nubian country side - the duracrete pad was something of an anachronism in this desolate steppe. Far away from Nubia's industrial cities, it was home only to an old airfield tender. But Merrik was expecting something. The officer had been privy to the briefing between Lt. Gen. Senesca and the Director General of Intelligence. He was now being sent to Nubia to conduct 'preliminary investigations', in essence, a scouting operation to identify the rumoured Imperial Forces and if possible, almost a footnote, to locate the target for extraction. This mission had taken him here, to the abandoned airfield. With two special agents, and a blaster pistol tucked in his pocket, he awaited the arrival of an Imperial transport. The Ithorian he had spoken to would want to be right about this. It was already a couple of minutes late.

IMG_9941.JPG

'Sir', called one of the agents, pointing to the sky.

There it was, shooting through the skies above, an Imperial transport ship, coming right for them. Merrik begun to regret this mission. But before he could second-guess himself, the dropship come to rest before him on the landing pad.

Out of the ship walked an Imperial technician, an elfish-humanoid, blaster pistol in hand. He stood directly in front of Merrik.

IMG_9940.JPG

'Officer', he begun succinctly, 'we believe you are aware of something that we have tried very hard, desperately, if you will, to locate. Let's make this easy for all of us and you just leave us alone'.

The CorSec officer would have none of this, if not to protect his pride and dignity, then to stick it to the Imperial officer whose smug arrogance really bothered him. Nevertheless, he couldn't help but be aware of the party of stormtroopers gathering around the officer. But he finally strung together a sequence of words in his mind which seemed a fitting rebuttal to the Imp.

'Quite the contrary sir, we suggest you leave us and we won't bother you. This is a New Republic planet and we'd appreciate your swift departure'.

The Imperial did not answer, and seemed to contemplate the events in his mind. The thought processes ruminating in his mind were demonstrated on his face which gave a puzzled expression. After a moment, he nodded the the stormtroopers around him. The CorSec agents did not even have time to react.

Once it was done, the Imperial officer turned to the stormtrooper on his right. 'Have the bodies- err, evidence - removed, and set about acquiring those speeders from our contact, the target is nearby'.

Thank you for viewing, and comments and feedback welcome. Additional detail photos are below.

Imperial Dropship Details

Spoiler

IMG_9945.JPG

IMG_9944.JPG

Refuelling tender detail images

Spoiler

IMG_9943.JPG

Landing pad detail images

Spoiler

IMG_9942.JPG

Edited by RocketBoy

Both cracking builds, I really like the look of both ships.
The new road plates work well here too, 

7 hours ago, n1majneb said:

Both cracking builds, I really like the look of both ships.
The new road plates work well here too, 

Thank you, originally I was going to use just regular tiles, but had nowhere near enough, and the road plates do look quite acceptable.

This is one of your better ones! Both really nice vehicles, but I LOVE the sci-fi fishing boat! It could use an accent color, and maybe some props, to get a little more of that SW realness-lived-in-feel.

12 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

This is one of your better ones! Both really nice vehicles, but I LOVE the sci-fi fishing boat! It could use an accent color, and maybe some props, to get a little more of that SW realness-lived-in-feel.

Thank you, it does look a lot like a fishing boat, I do agree an accent colour would look nice, and some extra weathering too