Widogast the monster hunter has tracked Surts the fire demon to an abandoned church in a lost village.

The village was abandoned when the Whispering Woods started expanding the forest border and the villagers could no longer fight the invasive plants.

Surts however liked the quiet place, if only he didn't burn every traveler that camped inside the abandoned village. 

Widogast saw a notice about strange burned body's and started to investigate the old village.

Finally he tracked down the fire demon and a fight is about to start.

51807598368_5685f94a21_b.jpg

The fire demon awakens by Ids, on Flickr

I made the figs earlier and you can check them out in this topic: [MOC] Fantasy figs of the Whispering Woods - LEGO Historic Themes - Eurobricks Forums

Thanks for looking and comments and remarks are always welcome.

Edited by the Inventor

Great scene! I especially like the fire demon minifigure and how he’s emerging from the fiery void. Skilfully lit and photographed, too. :thumbup:

Edited by AmperZand

Awesome work. I love the ruined feel of the church, with the vines and plants taking over. The fire ring with the evil villain is cool.

That Moltor fig is so useful.  Great build.  The visual is wonderful with the portal.  I don't think that broad sword is going to do much to the demon though :laugh:

Now that's thinking with portals...

Wait.

Wrong type of portal! 

There is a real dynamic look to the figure posing and also a very nice set of character designs here.  The varied colours in the brickwork also help make the structure look aged.

Will we be seeing more exploits of our hero? Or indeed his infernal opponent? 

@Peppermint_M Thanks for your comment, my Whispering Woods setting makes use of various figs, also linked in the first post, so I'm sure I will use them again for another build (nothing planned at the moment though).