Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Life in Allanar Forest

One collab wasn’t enough, and we just managed to squeeze in a second build before Isaac returned to Denmark.
It’s yet another scene set in our Alnya, and we returned to our roots by making it viewable from all sides, and even including a full interior! It fits on a 48×48 baseplate and is an entry in the Civilian Building category of the CCC.
Extra credit to John for handling the last details and photography!

Allanar Forest is home to one of the largest Dwelf communities in Alnya. Its beautiful trees, plentiful wildlife, and rich soil are a perfect match for the Dwelfs favorite pastimes of raising livestock, nurturing gardens, finding new uses for herbs, crafting beautiful cottages, and of course eating.

51801609841_0ff2181e52_c.jpg

Chickens.jpg

Fence.jpg

Teaser1.jpg

Birdhouse.jpg

Interior-bed.jpg

interior-fireplace.jpg

interior-firstfloor.jpg

See more images on Brickbuilt.

Always feels good to post something new for the Guilds :dsweet:

An armonious build that has great colors and textures. Great job.

Very impressed that you managed to squeeze a full interior into this, it's so tiny I never expected that!  Great job on the roofs here and as I said on Flickr, the trees are perfect, love the left one especially.

Great work all around! I especially like the well (love the masonry and roof), the stone floor and bed in the interior, and the trees (they look so natural, and those colors are perfect).

A very nice diorama with a lot of details. I like the autumn landscape with the well-built trees. The house looks nice and interesting from the outside. I like the fireplace and the sleeping area inside. The fountain with the roof is intricately built and looks great.

Really nice colors. I love the automn atmosphere… especially intrigued by the little round roof! The door and birds such colored are a really nice touch in this build… I guess @Aurore will have to use binoculars to identify all these birds! (Really cool bird house by the way!)

You guys are something else!

I'm always in awe when it comes to your mocs, and this one is no different. The colors are spectacular! The trees, and clever use of unexpected pieces is amazing. The chimney, the well, the purple door and the lime green vegetation... all blends in with such cohesion! Truly a piece of art with a very characteristic Snyder signature. 

Phenomenal. 
Skol!

Such a very nice scene! The landscaping is fabulous, with those gorgeous trees, and like previous commenters I really love the colours.

And I agree with @Sympatik Brick, the bird house is so cool!

Always great to see a Snyder build, The trees are beautiful and so are the colors. I love the lime green and dark brown combo, The well, and especially the roof is very well done.

First things that strike me are the trees and that two layer curved base. Beautiful colours too. I like the very fancy pig pen, those helmet mushrooms, and the rounded tower. I know you've built dwelves before - is there anywhere you've described who/what they are? I might write them up for the wiki based on your work at some point, if you're both happy with that.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:32 PM, Blufiji said:

Very nice work, I like the well top the most, and you always do well with interiors. 

Thanks a lot! Wasn't sure we would have time for an interior, but I made sure to design the house with space for one. And fortunately it didn't take long to flesh out :dsweet:

On 1/6/2022 at 4:23 PM, Niku said:

An armonious build that has great colors and textures. Great job.

Thank you :blush:

On 1/6/2022 at 7:34 PM, Kai NRG said:

Very impressed that you managed to squeeze a full interior into this, it's so tiny I never expected that!  Great job on the roofs here and as I said on Flickr, the trees are perfect, love the left one especially.

Thanks Geneva! Full credit to John for those gorgeous trees, would never have attempted some like this myself :laugh:

On 1/7/2022 at 12:35 PM, socalbricks said:

Great work all around! I especially like the well (love the masonry and roof), the stone floor and bed in the interior, and the trees (they look so natural, and those colors are perfect).

Many thanks! The well went through a few iterations before coming to this setup.

On 1/7/2022 at 1:49 PM, NOD said:

A very nice diorama with a lot of details. I like the autumn landscape with the well-built trees. The house looks nice and interesting from the outside. I like the fireplace and the sleeping area inside. The fountain with the roof is intricately built and looks great.

Thank you! I was pretty happy with the fireplace and bed designs, especially considering how little space they occupy.

On 1/8/2022 at 12:03 AM, Sympatik Brick said:

Really nice colors. I love the automn atmosphere… especially intrigued by the little round roof! The door and birds such colored are a really nice touch in this build… I guess @Aurore will have to use binoculars to identify all these birds! (Really cool bird house by the way!)

Thanks!

On 1/9/2022 at 11:14 PM, Louis of Nutwood said:

You guys are something else!

I'm always in awe when it comes to your mocs, and this one is no different. The colors are spectacular! The trees, and clever use of unexpected pieces is amazing. The chimney, the well, the purple door and the lime green vegetation... all blends in with such cohesion! Truly a piece of art with a very characteristic Snyder signature. 

Phenomenal. 
Skol!

Thank you Louis :blush:
We started the scene with a little bell tower construction instead of the well, and that had some purple banners which led me to use purple for the cottage door. Then when the bell tower was removed the door color stayed :grin:

On 1/10/2022 at 2:30 PM, Aurore said:

Such a very nice scene! The landscaping is fabulous, with those gorgeous trees, and like previous commenters I really love the colours.

And I agree with @Sympatik Brick, the bird house is so cool!

Thanks Aurore! Dark brown is one of my favorite colors, and it's great to see the parts library expanding over the past few years.

On 1/12/2022 at 4:44 PM, Servertijd said:

Always great to see a Snyder build, The trees are beautiful and so are the colors. I love the lime green and dark brown combo, The well, and especially the roof is very well done.

Thank you :sweet: We almost always use dark brown and lime green for Alnya settings, as we really like that combination and the fantasy air it helps establish.

On 1/13/2022 at 8:28 PM, Eyrezer said:

First things that strike me are the trees and that two layer curved base. Beautiful colours too. I like the very fancy pig pen, those helmet mushrooms, and the rounded tower. I know you've built dwelves before - is there anywhere you've described who/what they are? I might write them up for the wiki based on your work at some point, if you're both happy with that.

Thanks! Glad to hear you appreciated the base, I went to the trouble of rotating the two layers off of each other using technic bricks though that didn't end up being very noticeable :laugh:
Here is a link to John's original Alnya post describing the land and peoples in more detail.

Gorgeous build! I especially love the dual colored trees, they capture autumn perfectly! The house is beautiful both inside and out, and I love the well design too!

Really beautiful work.  I always enjoy seeing your builds.  Love the shingle roof on the well.  The dark brown is a real standout on this build.  Thanks for sharing!