starwarcam

[U7 - Lothal - FF] Setting of the Cold Sun

*Your entry has earned 17 XP*

The Empire is not what it was, but fanatical loyalists continue to ravage the galaxy -- intent on destroying the Jedi. While the Empire once controlled the entire Lothal system at the height of its might, the remnants settle for creating havoc on the outlying moons of the Lothal system.

51799193427_288ef83502_c.jpg

Members of an Unidentified Imperial Remnant have discovered and promptly attacked the Cold Sun Monastery on an outlying moon, where force-sensitive monks maintain balance of the sun’s effect on their moon via rituals and prayers. In the midst of invasion and upcoming solar instability, many of the moon’s sparse inhabitants have wasted no time in fleeing in a re-equipped Republic-era H2 executive shuttle.

As the people escape, one last monk remains to hold the balance of the tides and the sun for a few last moments until his strength -- and the bones of the naïve invading force -- run dry in the imminent solar flares.

51800870570_a0d889b658_c.jpg

Edited by starwarcam

Great work, the whole display is brilliant but the executive shuttle really steals the show: extremely well designed vehicle. Nice texture and greebling on the tower too.

Rockwork, ground, the building and minifig stance are all great. The spaceship too. Only thing I am not that fond is the technic pieces used to elevate the spaceship as by being black and bulky, they distracts from the whole moc. I believe trans clear pieces (i.e. 2x1 bricks or columns) would be best as a presentation.

22 hours ago, Stuartn said:

Great work, the whole display is brilliant but the executive shuttle really steals the show: extremely well designed vehicle. Nice texture and greebling on the tower too.

Thanks stu. I am liking all the builds and vehicles you have been dropping as well

16 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Rockwork, ground, the building and minifig stance are all great. The spaceship too. Only thing I am not that fond is the technic pieces used to elevate the spaceship as by being black and bulky, they distracts from the whole moc. I believe trans clear pieces (i.e. 2x1 bricks or columns) would be best as a presentation.

Thanks, yeah I actually tried a trans clear brick column first, but opted for a technic option that gave me more stability and a more dynamic flight angle. But it definitely stands out more. My hope was that it at least would blend somewhat with the black border at the bottom.

Edited by starwarcam