Posted (edited)

I have finally found the time to finish this MOC of a Morooka tracked dumper.

800x600.jpg

It is loosely based on the Morooka MST 2200VD. 

640x673.jpg

The model is controlled using an S-brick and powered by the regular lego technic power functions battery box. 

Each track is driven by an PF L motor with a 1:1 ratio, giving the model plenty of speed and enough torque to drive over obstacles etc. 

Dumping is also motorized using a PF L motor driving a linear actuator.

800x600.jpg

The battery box is hidden under the openable hood, and can be easily accessed and removed (although a lot easier if the dumpbed is up :))

Other functions include an openable door and a lock for the gate on the dumpbed, that opens if you dump.

I tried to make a video but you guys will have to wait a bit longer because my baby is making a lot of noise in the background so I have to make a new one sometime when he is asleep :)

Edit: made a new video - the period in the beginning when nothing happens is when the buwizz in the tractor fails to connect

Some more pictures: https://bricksafe.com/pages/Arie/tracked-dumper

Let me know what you think!

Edited by Arie
added video

Nice dumper, looking forward to see the video! Good luck with your baby!

I love Morooka dumpers and you have done justice to the brand here. Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks for all the comments! Baby is asleep so here is a retry of the video :)

There is a long period of nothing in the beginning when the buwizz in the tractor fails to connects :)

Nice little, well thought out build, like what you have done there. Tractor looks pretty damn good as well.

Tracked dumpers are very cool and it also moves pretty good. :thumbup: for the MOC and your driving abilities!

I saw something similar before and it got on my 'I wanna build this one day' list. Your dumper looks good and seems to drive well. Any changes on building instructions or detailed pics of the mechanics and inside for a rebuild :)

I have a ~80% studio model, if there is interest I can make instructions - will take some time though :)

Verry nice model ,look's good .

Here in Belgium the company where i work is authorized Dealer for Morooka Belgium .

The New 3000 serie is a real nice machine ,you have also the one with the rotating upperstructure .

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2022 at 5:43 PM, Arie said:

I have a ~80% studio model, if there is interest I can make instructions - will take some time though :)

For the record: there is interest. :)

Edited by Mikdun

I'm proud te present the free instruction of this model, which can be downloaded from Rebrickable:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-113848/Arjo/rc-morooka-tracked-dumper/#details

On 3/17/2022 at 3:07 PM, Mikdun said:

For the record: there is interest. :)

I'd be honored if you decide to build it and look forward to any feedback on the design or the instructions :)

On 6/7/2022 at 5:29 PM, Arie said:

I'd be honored if you decide to build it and look forward to any feedback on the design or the instructions :)

For sure I will build it. Just have to order few parts and disassembly one or two builds... Stay tuned.

You prefer to have my feedback here or via PM?

On 6/20/2022 at 11:52 AM, Mikdun said:

You prefer to have my feedback here or via PM?

Any feedback that others can learn from as well would be much appreciated in the forum :)