Sign in to follow this  
chris1980

[MOC] My very first MOC - The Forgotton Beach Fortress

Hello there and happy new year,

since I had a lot of freetime yesterday, I started my very first MOC.

The idea of a conquered royal fortress near the beach with a proper web for the big ships and an island setting (which has to be added obviously. I liked the idea of a serious sized fortress without having to build the entire one (cann follow later).

The walls are obviously influenced by the sabre island 2021 design, which I want to add to the seeting later.

Would like to hear your thought. It's currently 560 pieces.

Best,

Christopher

v1-8.jpgv1-9.jpgv1-10.jpg

v1_6.jpg

Hello and happy new year,

Welcome to the pirate forum. :pir-huzzah2: Good first MOC. The fortress wall is well constructed. I like the sloping bricks between the straight ones. The inside is also interesting. On the level there is a pigsty and a prison. A staircase leads to the cannon positions. Then over a ladder to the shooting positions with loopholes. The jetty is also well built.

Thank you, I actually started with the jetty to get comfortable with the software. Therefore, a rather simple jetty is a good point to start with. 

I am still thinking about a great entrance to the fortress or some kind of torn down concrete parts to make the fight of the past more visible.

Probably the fortress will end a bit more chubby than it is now. 😁🏴☠️

I wanted a starting point to add the barracuda bay and/or the Sabre island tower to turn the island into a big pirate world. 

It's very nice. However now you have a problem that your first MOC was too nice and now the level of expectations are raised for your next one.  :pir_tong2:

Thank you very much. Apart from some more decoration and alternated water shapes, I will stop here.

BTW: does somebody know how to export a high resolution pdf from the manual? The pdf generated there seem to be highly compressed for my eyes. Would love to have a printed issue.

v1-16.jpg

It's coming along nicely! :pir-thumb:

Are you able to add minifigs?

On 1/3/2022 at 1:51 AM, chris1980 said:

Thank you very much. Apart from some more decoration and alternated water shapes, I will stop here.

Why stop? Did you run out of time?

On 1/2/2022 at 3:51 PM, chris1980 said:

BTW: does somebody know how to export a high resolution pdf from the manual? The pdf generated there seem to be highly compressed for my eyes. Would love to have a printed issue.

You mean exporting it in Studio.io to better quality?

If so when you click on 'Export' be sure to check 4X size on image size.

Capture.PNG

On 1/22/2022 at 6:26 AM, chris1980 said:

Thank you, I am leaving out the decoration, since it raises the moc pricing to heavily.

For those who aren't familiar with digital builds - how does decoration raise the price?

18 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

For those who aren't familiar with digital builds - how does decoration raise the price?

Since they wont remain as digital designs, the decoration pieces raise the pricing for purchases on brickowl and bricklinks heavily, I have checked it. My aim is to stay around 200 - 250 EURO mocs. The exaggerating moc with 5000+ are wonderful to watch, but I will never pay that much for Lego.

Christopher

42 minutes ago, chris1980 said:

Since they wont remain as digital designs, the decoration pieces raise the pricing for purchases on brickowl and bricklinks heavily, I have checked it. My aim is to stay around 200 - 250 EURO mocs.

That's fair enough - thank you for the explanation! :pir-thumb:

But is there also a possibility of creating an alternate version purely for with the aim of building a fully featured MOC which is not intended to be built?

No, that is too much work. DId you ever create mocs in bricklingsk studio? It takes a lot of hours. I have some defined goals, that I will not extend if not necessary. Loosing ones bearing is not a good idea in a lot of things in life.

There will probably be some updated on my mocs, but still to an extend where it is possible to buy and buiild it. I am not collecting digital renderings. ;)

The fortress received an additional tower, which was intentionality created as a modular. I think it should be fixed part of it. Featuring a sleeping interior for the guards and a weapon storage upstairs. 

Beach and water were extended. I found a pretty simple way to add some waves using transparent Blue round bricks. 

image-139808.png

sharkbay-tower-modular-web2.png

Edited by chris1980

59 minutes ago, chris1980 said:

The fortress received an additional tower, which was intentionality created as a modular.

Where might we find images of this wonderful addition? :pir-classic:

It's appr. 1700 pieces now, 150 pages instruction also finished. I will build this version in summer 22.

I see you've edited the images into your previous post.

I must say, this is progressing nicely! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, chris1980 said:

image-139808.png

sharkbay-tower-modular-web2.png

Thank you @Mister Phes, you are doing a great job! :pir-huzzah2: You can publish my photos wherever you want.

16 minutes ago, NOD said:

Thank you @Mister Phes, you are doing a great job! :pir-huzzah2: You can publish my photos wherever you want.

Thank you, NOD! :pir-triumph:

However, I haven't done it alone. I've had a lot of great help from the Eurobricks Staff, the Classic Pirates crew and talented builders like yourself - we wouldn't have this community if it wasn't a cooperative effort!

On 7/3/2022 at 6:56 PM, Marooned Marin said:

This is fantastic final result. :pir-love:

@chris1980  do you have more pictures of the real build, from all angles?

Of course I have drop me a pn. My notes seem to be deleted by your mate phes now. As if a designer could troll his own work, very grown-up behavior Mr. Phes congratulations for not being able to take any critisicm.

nice.jpg

Edited by chris1980

1 hour ago, chris1980 said:

My notes seem to be deleted by your mate phes now. As if a designer could troll his own work, very grown-up behavior Mr. Phes congratulations for not being able to take any critisicm.

The off topic posts have been moved not deleted.

You're entitled to your criticism... and I thoroughly enjoyed our exchange. I learned so much!  Such valuable lesson.

But that conversation is off topic, so if you wish to continue that discussion, you'll need to inbox me.  Otherwise, please return to talking about completing your MOC.

Thank you in advance!