Ayrlego

[MOC] New Falcon Tower (3in1 Creator Tower re-imagined)

After some time away from my bricks (and the internet), my family got me the 3in1 Creator Castle for Christmas, which I have been eyeing off for sometime (anything Black Falcon themed is a must have as far as I am concerned!!). So to get back into building, I debated whether I'd build it as per the instructions or use it for MOC parts... I quite liked the tower option but it was a little simplistic for my taste. After reviewing several excellent modifications/re-imaginings of the set by other AFOLs, I decided to try my own version. The rules I set myself were that I wanted the same shape and same colour combinations (except the red and white banner - that had to go!!!), and to try to stick to the style and pieces used in the set. I started by enlarging the top yellow section by two studs per side, which led to the larger dark blue roof - the rest followed from there. The landscaping was were I significantly deviated from my rules, I attempted brighter greens but wasn't happy with the contrast. The two bases are build on a Duplo foundation and I couldn't resist the drawbridge instead of the normal bridge on the original model. Happy New Year all!

51790609753_b644556838_b.jpg

That's lovely!  Definitely better than the source material.  The foliage on the ground really helps elevate it, and you've also got a nice amount of detail on the tower without it being busy.  I long for the days when this might have been put out as its own castle set by TLG.  Great build.  :classic:

Another great diorama in the smallest of spaces. The tower looks good. I like the two sides of the landscape that are connected by a drawbridge.

This looks very nice, the terrain complements it perfectly.

Posted (edited)

I am glad you saw the OL (blue and white) way. The only way! :pir_tong2: Because you see, these are no mere Falcons. They are the forefathers of bluecoats (at least in my 10-year-self book) :pir-grin:

Creator Castle colors are definitely a sight to behold (reddish brown, yellow and dark blue really complement each other well) and so is your interpretation!

Regarding DUPLO usage, did someone catch bad habits from a certain other forum dweller ??? :pir-grin: I am definitely seeing a really good (DUPLO) cover up though!!! :pir-love:

Edited by blackdeathgr
Late night murder of the English language

Gorgeous alt build Ayrlego! I love the round windows at the top of the tower and the base complements the tower so nicely.

4 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Regarding DUPLO usage, does someone caught bad habits from a certain other forum dweller ??? :pir-grin: I am definitely seeing a really good (DUPLO) cover up though!!! :pir-love:

Haha

7 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

I am definitely seeing a really good (DUPLO) cover up though!!!

One should never leave DUPLO exposed!!! :pir_tong2:

9 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

One should never leave DUPLO exposed!!! :pir_tong2:

Amen to that! :iamded_lol:

12 hours ago, evancelt said:

Haha

:tongue:

Posted (edited)

I would be interested in some build pictures if you have them. How many pieces did this use up?

Edited by natesroom
add