Hello 

Season greetings to all members and thank you to those that answered my last query.

As I have said before I am a Complete Newby to lego and now I  have another problem in that after configuring the model successfully ( it did move forward during the configuring ) when It came to the learning to drive it just kept on revering and would not move an inch 

I have checked the gears and they seem ok to the instructions .

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Don Ruston (Rusty 453)

Check the axles in both rear wheels, it seems that your axles are not pushed all the way in the small tan gears that are inside the differential's housing. 

Edit - sorry, I thought it was the buggy and not the Volvo. Did you follow the on-screen instructions to switch to D and then push the virtual joystick forward? If it does not move this way then try to re-do the calibration again.

Hello thank you for the replies but as a Newbury with no experience what and where are the differentials ??

22 minutes ago, Rusty43 said:

Hello thank you for the replies but as a Newbury with no experience what and where are the differentials ??

It's the housing with a gear, and in the inside you have put 3 smaller gears. It allows both wheels on 1 axle to turn at different speeds (to make turns, the wheel on the outside should rotate faster).

And you say it is revving the motor but not moving. Try to follow from the motor to every next axle/gear what all turns and where the movement stops. You might need to put the car upside down to do this.

In this video you can see the different Lego differentials 

nice channel with lots of background around Lego technic cars!

And maybe this detailed building review will help:

Looks like you've jumped right to the deep end of Technic sets, as this set in particular seems to be problematic for many people. The differential orientation is where the vast majority of drive problems with this set occurs, so as others have said, check them out carefully against the instructions. If they really are correctly oriented (check again), there's probably something wrong with the gearbox, like it being stuck on a bed-lifting position for some reason.