Sign in to follow this  
Timorzelorzworz

42123 McLaren 600LT Spider - alternate build (for 42098 Car Transporter)

Hi folks,

I want to present my latest alternate build for 2021 to complete my lineup of 2021 alternates - the McLaren 600LT Spider made from 42123 McLaren Senna GTR.

Instructions are available on rebrickable

Follow this link for more content and other builds.

Rebuild the 42123 McLaren Senna GTR into another McLaren - the McLaren 600LT Spider. As an alternate build, this McLaren 600LT Spider uses only pieces from the 42123 main set (Senna GTR). Other parts or spare parts are not required. Parts with stickers applied can be reused without any problem. The McLaren 600LT Spider uses 754 parts (more than 90%) from the set 42123 McLaren Senna GTR. 

Functions & Features

• realistic openable scissor-doors
  • HoG-steering
  • working V8-engine
  • fits on the 42098 Car Transporter

Impressions

a.gif

r_img1.png

r_img3.png

r_img2.png

r_img4.png

r_img8.png

r_img7.png

n_img0.jpg

made for 42098 Car Transporter

With 15 studs wide, this alternate model fits other mid-sized cars in the Technic-theme since 2019, like 42093 Corvette, the new 42137 Porsche or 42138 Ford Mustang Shelby GT. All these cars can be transported by the 42098 Car Transporter and this McLaren 600LT Spider fits this scale as well. If you're looking for another car to transport by 42098, this McLaren is the right joice. 

Instructions

With 154 pages, the instructions for this McLaren 600LT Spider comes with high quality images and steps that are easy to follow for a satisfying building experience. Here are three example pages of the premium instructions:

i_9_1x.png
i_45_1x.png
i_117_1x.png

The real car

The McLaren 600LT Spider is more common in lime green or orange and can be build in this color as well. Here is an example of the real car (for the american market) that fits this alternate build most:

real.jpg

Have fun with this McLaren 600LT Spider alternate build. 

Looks way better than the A-model. Looks amazing, especially for the limited parts selection it was built from. Only problem I have with that is that it means there is still no diff :sceptic:

Thx for sharing :purrr:

Very cool alternative build. Looks complete and clean. I agree with Jeroen Ottens, the grille is really well done. And the rear is also nice and tidy.

My only criticism will be the shape of the bonnet closer to the windshield. In your model it seems to go down, so the windshield sits lower than the highest point of the bonnet. In the pictures of the real car t doesn't seem to be the case. Any comments on that, I am just curious?

Trust me this one single MOC is enough to consider buying the Senna Set! Finish looks awesome. Would just have added a diff in the rear and boom!

6 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Looks way better than the A-model. Looks amazing, especially for the limited parts selection it was built from. Only problem I have with that is that it means there is still no diff :sceptic:

Thx for sharing :purrr:

Everytime I see a MOC out of the Senna it just gives me that impression as well

Edited by thekoRngear