4 hours ago, Maple said:

It's funny how no one here liked the cargo train, I like it.
Then most everyone here likes the passenger train and I HATE it. The shape of the loco is just a mess.

I like the loco on the cargo train, and the open wagon. The car carrier doesn't really work, minifigure proportions mean that it is oversized. 

Station has popped up https://www.lego.com/en-us/kids/sets/city/train-station-6b05bec56ba6b72d676d1158d1931137

Looks good! Love that it includes a crossing and the vehicles (and facilities 😂) are great!

Edit just to say that on closer inspection it looks like the platform from the Passenger Train is similar/the same as the one in the Station, so easily combined, a nice touch

Edited by Stranky

13 minutes ago, Stranky said:

and facilities 😂

Looks like Lego took notes from @Hod Carrier ‘s OcTrainber entry from last year!

Edited by Legownz

3 minutes ago, Legownz said:

Looks like Lego took notes from @Hod Carrier ‘s OcTrainber entry from last year!

So they did! 😂

OK, good to see, that some of you like the passenger train. Hopefully this will LEGO motivate to keep the good things.

My personal oppinion:

Freight train
Brick built cockpit :thumbup:
"fresh" design :thumbup:
realistic details :thumbup:
low-floor platform trailer :thumbup:

For me, the freight train is the favourite. I like the design, because it reminds me of a Siemens Taurus.
Yes the windscreen is crap. Here I personal would prefer the solution like many other MOCs have done it. For example.
But I think TLG had this as inspiration for the front :sceptic:
7.jpg

So for me the front screen is the only bad thing on the freight train. And I only say this, because I ignore the trailers.
The only trailer, that I like is low-floor platform trailer.

Passenger train
We finally don't have a molded part cockpit anymore :thumbup:
We finally have doors :thumbup:
and we finally have low-floor platforms again :thumbup:

But then how the heck can you design such a wasabi green monstrosity!!!! 😱🤢
I hope in Asia and for all who love Shinkansen like trains, this set goes well.
But for me, even the original 4560 looks better! Even if it had no doors!
I will definitely look for MOCs which will create the front more like the 4560 or the 10233 Horizon Express.

At least, finally new trains. 

Im alone in this or is there anybody else crazy about long passenger wagons?

What I really love about 12V and 9V era their long baseplates that feels natural.

And doors of course, truly train that was made with passion and probably some historical influence.

I like the train station very much! Also the track vehicle. Not sure about the passenger train. And... more yellow hats!!! I don't know why they include two track-road converters, one would be suffice I would say. Apart from that, LEGO has lost it? Confidential pictures on their own site?!

24 minutes ago, JopieK said:

I like the train station very much! Also the track vehicle. Not sure about the passenger train. And... more yellow hats!!! I don't know why they include two track-road converters, one would be suffice I would say. Apart from that, LEGO has lost it? Confidential pictures on their own site?!

Sadly that train station doesnt fit hat high speed train we get, probably with some rurral trains it will works better. But overal great build.

Freight train is little dissapointing but other sets are really great.

Edited by Ondra

1 minute ago, Ondra said:

Sadly that train station doesnt fight that high speed train we get, probably with some rurral trains it will works better. But overal great build.

Freight train is little dissapointing but other sets are really great.

That is a good point indeed. They want us to get ten of those to make an intercity station probably ;)

6 hours ago, Maple said:

It's funny how no one here liked the cargo train, I like it.
Then most everyone here likes the passenger train and I HATE it. The shape of the loco is just a mess.

Maybe that is what it is: you love one and hate the other or the other way around. I also like the cargo train better than the passenger train, but both trains give us parts and that is the most important I think.

My son will love the station. I like the fact they included a crossing and a MOW. I would've liked a parking lot (like they have done with the grocery store) to expand it's footprint.

The passenger train is a no-go for me. Hate it in every possible way (yes, this sounds harsh). 

Ooh, the train station looks to be the first set since Hidden Side to use those new rerailer pieces! I'm glad, they're a great option for sets that don't have a full loop of track on their own.

Anyone else notice the different track pieces at the end of the station? Maybe a place for that maintenance truck to get off at? It looks like that piece of track is on both ends... Interesting for sure.

I like the train station, bus looks like a really nice addition, also the train maintenance vehicle.  probably would have been better as a suplimentary set to reduce the price of the station set, but ok I can live with this.  I can't recall I've ever seen a toilet on the move down a rail line, but there is certainly a level of humour included.

The passenger train I like the design, colours are quite vibrant and the chin on the front of the train? but I like the doors and the stepped carriages.  I wonder if it will include headlight bricks as they look like they are glowing in the pictures.  Obvioulsy the usual lego ploy to get us to buy 2 of these to make a complete train.

Freight train, despite being a bit of a random mix, I'll be adding this to the collection as well.

Will have to see how the launch prices look.  

I still do live in hope for a smaller engine set at some point.  

Fingers crossed.

5 minutes ago, Rail Co said:

Anyone else notice the different track pieces at the end of the station? Maybe a place for that maintenance truck to get off at? It looks like that piece of track is on both ends... Interesting for sure.

Thats 53834 Vehicle Track, Train Rail Ramp 8 x 12 -- it's for kids to put their trains on track. Getting two of those with one set is... only useful if you never get any other track.

4 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Anyone noticed the "Nutella glass" in the freight train set :wink:

Looking more closely at the shape, I am absolutely certain that this is a Great-Value-Hazelnut-Spread glass! :pir-laugh:

I like the idea of the accessibility on the passenger train, but I really do I think it is an ugly duckling.

The freight train I find very uninspiring. Each recent generation of the cargo/freight train appears to offer less playability in my opinion. 60052 (two points, gantry crane, trackside vehicles, loadable items), 60198 (1 point, signal box and some trackside vehicles, one carriage was a crane, loadable items), 60336 (1 trackside loader, more straight pieces, 1 point, and a loadable EV charger / plus two little loadable cars on a carriage and loadable items - one of them being flowers and boxes of veg), to me it's all a bit boring.

I would rather have more features/builds than straight pieces, track is easy to get for those with the room and inclination to expand their layout.

The station is just a miserable shed. It is utterly lacking in excitement or style, I've seen more interesting looking buildings in retail parks. Other posters on the forum have accused Lego designers of being lazy recently and I certainly see this as an example. Disney, Winter Village and Harry Potter all get better looking stations than this. Give the trains over to the Friends designers (seen the new theatre school?) or better still, this guy, he knows how to make a station look exciting and give it play value

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/d877ae63-11e8-4e20-ac19-97c72ebe25c6

16 minutes ago, Tube Map Central said:

The station is just a miserable shed. It is utterly lacking in excitement or style, I've seen more interesting looking buildings in retail parks. Other posters on the forum have accused Lego designers of being lazy recently and I certainly see this as an example. Disney, Winter Village and Harry Potter all get better looking stations than this. Give the trains over to the Friends designers (seen the new theatre school?) or better still, this guy, he knows how to make a station look exciting and give it play value

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/d877ae63-11e8-4e20-ac19-97c72ebe25c6

Agreed. I'd love to see a train station in Friends, Creator Expert, or that Ideas submission. Any of them would be great. The City station feels so basic. Most of the pieces go into the bus and service vehicle, which, to be fair, look good, but could easily come in another set (or be something on their own). The station itself is just a slightly larger version of the basic platform from the train set. Although there are new stations being built near me and they are also very basic. Shame though. Missed opportunity.

24 minutes ago, Tube Map Central said:

Other posters on the forum have accused Lego designers of being lazy recently and I certainly see this as an example.

As I absolutely share your judgement on the appeal of the would-be-station, I really don't believe the TLG designers are lazy, in contrast. I believe that there is marketing (and accounting) telling them "make a station - any station - with a maximum of these bricks'n'plates" (accounted for by cost, not number). I believe when they see their allowance, they certainly need some help from Jack Daniel or any other guy in that branch and then begin their work. Which is more of a headache than any fun, so I believe. And when they have come up with something, it goes to accounting. They then have a program that a) takes as many pieces out without letting the structure collapse and b) optimize everything color-wise, i.e. use as many pieces currently in surplus. b) does not bother me, see above, a) does not bother me because I won't buy that "station" as it is a shed. Miserable or not, but a shed.

And man is that IDEAs train station nice. Wow. I missed that, think you for referencing that one. Will never ever be approved - as it is not an Addidas shoe or the like.

Best,
Thorsten

Edited by Toastie