16 hours ago, M_slug357 said:

Watch the rumor mill spiiiiiinnnn

:wacko:

All this originated from one reply from reddit, there is nothing new just bad recap.

According to this runour I read about four wagon, thats just weird...

I did quick math, high speed train is 764 pieces freight train with that price and based on high speed train piece count will have around 950 pieces.

We already saw good trains with similar piece count, so dont worry . They just need to lower side builds.

Rumor from a pretty reliable Instagram account:

75405 Hogwarts Express D2C

$469.99

Will include train and station

19 minutes ago, samsz_3 said:

$469.99

Well Im not shocked, at least we get proper steam UCS train. But another Hogwarts express, again...

Stonewars.de also relayed this rumor. 

I'm not a HP fan and think the hogwarts express is a very boring-looking steam train but would consider buying it in case it's detailed and works with the existing train system, even though very expensive (and Disney was too expensive for me). I wished they would have gone for the crocodile successor this year - and please dear lord, give us rolling stock - but couldn't envision both on the market simultaneously. (then again, Disney and Croc was overlapping too, right?) 

Let's see what they make of this, if this is true at all. As can be felt in numerous threads also over the last days/weeks we trainers will have to take (/deal with) what tlc gives us... 

15 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

$469.99

I’ve been wanting this ever since the return of HP - I will almost certainly be picking this one up.

16 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I’ve been wanting this ever since the return of HP - I will almost certainly be picking this one up.

Just one? (grin)

On 4/12/2022 at 3:13 AM, samsz_3 said:

$469.99

I'd be pretty stoked by this. Removing the Hogwarts labeling and applying Olton Hall decals would make for a perfectly accurate real-world replica. I'd buy it immediately! 

That price is extremely steep. I’m definitely going to wait for a discount or some sort of GWP/VIP Points Event before I buy one. But I’m very interested. I hope we’ll get a decent amount of cars with the engine 

Four hundred and sixty-nine dollars??? This is almost on half of a thousand dollars. Sorry, I am much more than out. Better ways to spend my income.

But then: Just do it! No bad feelings, just have fun.

I recently bought a 10 wide BR89 from BB for less than 70€. That thing is so much fun, as it is brilliantly designed and there is space - added a LEGO city hub, a LEGO remote, a LEGO turntable, operated by another city hub, two LEGO color sensors, and an ESP32 running Legoino. Total from BL: $80.

Whatever, just play well.

Best,
Thorsten

BTW: I frequently read "what TLG is giving us" here on EB. TLG is "giving" us nothing. They are selling sets. They are asking for an insane amount of money. We are willing to pay. Giving is something else. 

Edited by Toastie

for 469 dollars it better be made out of gold. what the hell dude? is it like apple where people just buy no matter the price?

33 minutes ago, XG BC said:

for 469 dollars it better be made out of gold. what the hell dude? is it like apple where people just buy no matter the price?

Every LEGO and Apple fanboy ever, basically. 

2 hours ago, XG BC said:

Most definitely true, though I'm sure they are aiming more for HP than for train heads since there are probably many more HP folks

In relative terms the price might not be THAT out of the ordinary if it is simply a very large set. The recent city passenger train was $160. Make the two cars longer and more detailed that gets you to $200, add a nice station for another $100+ replace the power car with a steam engine for another $100, then toss in a bunch of HP minifigs and pay for the license for another $70

Looking at the price...

In 2009 the EN released for $100 - adjusted for inflation that's $134. The Boutique Hotel released this year for $200. If the build of King's Cross Station is as big and detailed as a modular, and the train is about as detailed as the EN, then that's $334. 

The only way I could see it being $469 even with more coaches, is by having Powered Up and track. From lego.com it's $93 for the PU hub, Technic large motor and remote control. Add $30 for a loop of track and we are at $457. Obviously it doesn't cost LEGO their retail prices to add electronics and track, so I would hope for $469 the station would be really detailed and there would be two coaches - but I can see how $469 could be a possible price...just not one I can afford...

If the set is designed with a MOC level locomotive, tender, a few passengers cars, and a modular style station, the pricing would line up quite well.

Is it likely to reach our expectations? Who knows, but I could see the price being considered 'reasonable' by AFOL/LEGO Train standards. Any additional word on a rumored release date?

The Disney Train and Station is $330. I think the train in it is very lacking. If the station is like that and the train is decent it could easily be $450.

18 minutes ago, Maple said:

The Disney Train and Station is $330. I think the train in it is very lacking. If the station is like that and the train is decent it could easily be $450.

And that Disney train set has only 3000 pieces, which is helluva overpriced.

So Hogwarts express can be anything at this moment... People have high hopes, but I keep expectations low.

Maybe Im minority, but cant I wait for city trains. Im already have hogwarts express for 2018. So Im not in mood buying another, because I did some modifications and I love it.

A Harry Potter train and station would be targeted towards the type of HP fans who would collect anything and everything that is HP related.  I don't think they'll really care too much if it is to AFOL MOC standards or not.

18 hours ago, M_slug357 said:

:grin:
TLG was hoping to entice y‘all with that $4 69 though…

oh nooo dude! THAT i totally overread.

20 hours ago, dr_spock said:

HP fans who would collect anything and everything that is HP related.

And that's - the point.

Best
Thorsten