Droid arms are a step in the right direction, but they *do* become fragile over time…

I think if TLG came up with a new sliding door piece that could accept one of the pre-existing glass pieces, that would be ideal!

Someone just posted over in town, 60336 will be Freight Train $189.99. No pictures.

Not sure it's credible though, the store mentioned doesn't even appear to sell LEGO but we shall see

Edited by Johnny1360

Saw a Youtube video today from a normally reliable news poster that there's a $99.99 Train Station, $179.99 High Speed Passenger Train, and  $189.99 Freight Train.   All likely ~ June 1.

38 minutes ago, icemorons said:

Saw a Youtube video today from a normally reliable news poster that there's a $99.99 Train Station, $179.99 High Speed Passenger Train, and  $189.99 Freight Train.   All likely ~ June 1.

do you have a link?

And - another high speed passenger train - and - another freight train.

Why not. Folks may have missed out on the past X+ passenger/freight trains. Maybe these will rock the stage.

Best,
Thorsten

There's always a new batch of kids who haven't gotten a passenger or freight train.  Now if people stop having babies, LEGO can focus more on us.  :pir_laugh2:

Hello all! I'm new here but I've been following this thread for a while now. I was hoping that 60335 and 60336 would be train sets and I'm glad to hear that will probably be the case. I got to thinking and wondered what colors and schemes will be used this time around and came up with this little scheme using the new neon yellow and dark turquoise. I also think it'd be cool if Lego goes away from the typical sized freight locomotive and maybe did something more reminiscent of the engine from set 4563. What do you all think the new train sets will look like?

Lego60336Idea4.jpg

Edited by Bwenzbauer

1 hour ago, RedBrick1 said:

A hundred bucks seem to indicate a decently large train station set. I am hopefully optimistic! 

Depends on how many vehicles LEGO needlessly adds to the building. 

7 hours ago, icemorons said:

The interesting part for this thread starts at 3:14

thank you!

2 hours ago, RedBrick1 said:

A hundred bucks seem to indicate a decently large train station set. I am hopefully optimistic! 

I‘d be very surprised if it’s a decent station. It’s probably just insanely overpriced. Judging by the last few stations that were all pretty bad, it would truly be surprising to see a decent one

Very expensive trains:

- 179,99 $ for passengers
- 189,99 $ for freight

Hope they must be good. Of course it is overpriced, LEGO always has been overpriced, even their coffee is ;)

48 minutes ago, JopieK said:

LEGO always has been overpriced, even their coffee is ;)

True, but this is superb coffee, made in the most expensive and accurately operating coffee machines in the world. They have patented that (the accuracy, not the machine, Italians were in the way). And it comes in mugs made from plastics with less-than-1-micron geometrical tolerances!

:pir-laugh:

7 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Now if people stop having babies, LEGO can focus more on us

Hmm - that is an idea ... :pir-huzzah2:

Have all a very nice day/night/morning/evening!
All the best
Thorsten

3 hours ago, JopieK said:

Very expensive trains:

- 179,99 $ for passengers
- 189,99 $ for freight

Hope they must be good. Of course it is overpriced, LEGO always has been overpriced, even their coffee is ;)

What currency, this is really a lot even for US dollar ...

I hope the pricing for the passanger train is correct. It would indicate that we're finally getting a full-on train (not half a train). 

I don't expect the station to become larger just because of the increase in price compared to other stations (though I would very much like it). I guess it will be in line with City buildings, so somewhat simplistic. Maybe it includes a railway crossing?

Regarding the price of the passenger train: who knows, a loco with 3 passenger wagons would be nice. 

Edited by Westcoatje

If I had to guess, the new train station will include the road plates out front, increasing the price considerably for them.

2 hours ago, *thomas* said:

I hope the pricing for the passanger train is correct. It would indicate that we're finally getting a full-on train (not half a train). 

I'm not convinced by that. It would be nice, but the current 60197 is $160. Factor in 7% inflation increase and you get to $170, so they can either add a little more to the station, or a bit more detail to the train. But I'd be surprised if it were more than the standard three parts to the train.

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

I'm not convinced by that. It would be nice, but the current 60197 is $160. Factor in 7% inflation increase and you get to $170, so they can either add a little more to the station, or a bit more detail to the train. But I'd be surprised if it were more than the standard three parts to the train.

In Europe (Belgium at least), the current cargo train retails at 189,99 euro, the passenger train at 129,99 euro. So it seems that by adding around 40€ they could add a carriage and increase the platform add some other small goodies. 

4 hours ago, *thomas* said:

How do you figure that? It's only $20 more than the current one, with inflation it's barely more expensive.

1 hour ago, *thomas* said:

In Europe (Belgium at least), the current cargo train retails at 189,99 euro, the passenger train at 129,99 euro. So it seems that by adding around 40€ they could add a carriage and increase the platform add some other small goodies. 

Ah. Maybe this is also suffering from the Euro area pricing adjustment that LEGO has made. The US prices seem to be most stable, and looking at those, it's not a huge jump.

4 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

If I had to guess, the new train station will include the road plates out front, increasing the price considerably for them.

The big road plates are only $2.50 on bricks and Pieces. They really don't add as much as people thing they do.

41 minutes ago, Maple said:

They really don't add as much as people thing they do

They add 2 plates-high incompatible road-plates with missing tiles to existing layouts. :pir-grin:

In addition, you get 4 of these round 8-wide slopes that you don't need when your setup does not end at the end of the new road-plates. On the other hand, you can use these slopes for ... "other things". There will be quite some numbers of these slopes piling up (at least 4 in each set), because so many "other things" may not require so many weirdly sloped slopes.  

Fun fact: Incompatibility is relative. Another fun fact: When replacing all baseplates with one-plate high plates plus addition of one layer of tiles on the exposed surfaces, the new road-plates are fully compatible with existing layouts.

Maybe TLG is also consolidating the price gap between the cargo and passenger train sets, regardless of what is in the box. :pir-skel:

Best,
Thorsten