3 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

But since the recent cargo train won't be EOL in summer, I highly doubt that we'll get another regular cargo train.

Is this something TLG has stated, about the non-EOL of the Cargo train?    If past events are any indication, 60197 and 60198 should both be EOL this summer.

Maybe a Cargo Train will be a set but could be an exclusive / not listed in catalogs ? 

The 2022 City rocket launch centre didn't show up in initial set numbers either.

Rumor has it that we see the return of Indiana Jones this summer. Since there's a quite extensive train scene in the third (and so far final, don't try to change my mind) film, so we might get a set here? A train with a circus theme would be something new and could utilize some of the new animal moulds we have seen recently.

Edited by Amoreternum

3 hours ago, icemorons said:

Is this something TLG has stated, about the non-EOL of the Cargo train?    If past events are any indication, 60197 and 60198 should both be EOL this summer.

In LEGO store Oberhausen I did not see the trains anymore last week... Well, we'll just see.

2 hours ago, Amoreternum said:

A train with a circus theme would be something new and could utilize some of the new animal moulds we have seen recently.

Dude. By current (western) moral standards, a circus with real wild animals is out of the question for TLG. Heck this is even forbidden in quite many countries from Denmark to Mexico. Maybe they could do some Around the World in Eighty Days theme and visit the elephants in their natural habitat. But no loading on the train wagons, it's verboten! :monkey:

Well, from that standpoint, of course you're right. Didnt get much sleep the night before posting, gotta admit :D but still, a train based on a circus would be a possibility, and would work, although I guess the most iconic scenes include animals. IIrc, there's a magicians car, at least one flatbed and I think some automobiles? 

On 1/12/2022 at 6:08 AM, Amoreternum said:

Rumor has it that we see the return of Indiana Jones this summer. Since there's a quite extensive train scene in the third (and so far final, don't try to change my mind) film, so we might get a set here? A train with a circus theme would be something new and could utilize some of the new animal moulds we have seen recently.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:31 AM, Black Knight said:

Dude. By current (western) moral standards, a circus with real wild animals is out of the question for TLG. Heck this is even forbidden in quite many countries from Denmark to Mexico. Maybe they could do some Around the World in Eighty Days theme and visit the elephants in their natural habitat. But no loading on the train wagons, it's verboten! :monkey:

An Indiana Jones 3 circus train would be a perfect successor for the Crocodile and fit perfectly to the rumored Indiana Jones theme. In such a historic/fictional context I'd say a circus train is acceptable.

Edited by legotownlinz

18 hours ago, legotownlinz said:

An Indiana Jones 3 circus train would be a perfect successor for the Crocodile and fit perfectly to the rumored Indiana Jones theme. In such a historic/fictional context I'd say a circus train is acceptable.

i thought of that aswell because it would fit in really well with the whole indiana jones revamp

Well I will not be shocked, if one day they completely get rid of trains. 

Another high speed train(With no cargo train confirmed), yeah really innovative considering they are doing this for 30 years...

Why not push-pull scheme with locomotive and wagon with cab. These trains are really popular. Or double-decker  wagons.

Push pull double decker train set, whatever lego! Do something really innovative. I know there is big battery box, that limits design a lot.

Trains really gets me into lego, now Im willing to pay for anything interesting.

P.s.:I already found very interesting shop that sell train MOCs, but I want to give another try for Lego.

Stupid question here, but why has this thread come unpinned from the top of the forum?

I know, we have so little actual lego trains 2022 to talk about, but it is still the most popular thread these days

I do wonder if LEGO will pause trains at some point in the near future, and then move to a 7 or even 8 wide system.  My reasoning is simple.  The 6 wide train has been around since Noah’s dog was a puppy, and road vehicles have gone from being 4 wide, through to 6 wide as a norm.  The 6 wide train now looks comically small to even a simple delivery van, like the bank van in the current Cargo Train set.  

Maybe that’s why we’re only really suffering rehashes of old sets, and not anything more innovative. 

On 1/12/2022 at 9:31 AM, Black Knight said:

Yes
Lets also stop CO2 polluting, villages destroying mining machines like 42055 and 42100
AND STOP that lithium mining for they are also destroying complete villages for it SO NO ELECTRIC CARS
And those Volkswagen Dieselgate things, Polluting Bugatti's and Porsches and... and...

OHW
NO MORE ABS, IT'S PLASTIC and pollutes our OCEANS.

Oh come on, cut the crap
Wild animals in circussus are no longer allowed but the plastic version won't hurt anyone.

43 minutes ago, McWaffel said:

I don’t think they will pause trains, but I do hope we get larger trains going forward

With 700 and something pieces the one that comes out in the summer might be bigger, or at least more detailed. I love the Chima yellow and dark blue of the 2018 one but it was BARE bones besides the nice colors.

I think animals could do well with a Friends train.  Friends do have an animal rescue sub-theme with different modes of transport like boats, helicopters, and ATVs.  Mia can be the main character in the set, she loves animals.

Is it possible LEGO will change the timing of new train rollouts? Instead of the usual two every four years, do one every two years, to me this would be a better way of doing it. 

17 hours ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Yes
Lets also stop CO2 polluting, villages destroying mining machines like 42055 and 42100
AND STOP that lithium mining for they are also destroying complete villages for it SO NO ELECTRIC CARS
And those Volkswagen Dieselgate things, Polluting Bugatti's and Porsches and... and...

OHW
NO MORE ABS, IT'S PLASTIC and pollutes our OCEANS.

Oh come on, cut the crap
Wild animals in circussus are no longer allowed but the plastic version won't hurt anyone.

Well, this is not about TLG customers being rational, this is about TLG being rational. With the current alienation of people (in the west) of cultivated assets, the compassion with those creatures rises and legislation follows with laws for circus animals, not-killing-male-chickens, required-space-for-pigs and so forth. Many people obviously are very emotional about these things, much more than plastic in distant oceans and pollution in distant countries. Therefore I do not expect TLG to produce anything with wild circus animals anymore. The latest circus set (with wild animals) I could find was DUPLO 10503 and 10504, both being from 2013. I personally would buy a circus train from LEGO, this is not about my moral standards; I just expect TLG to follow society's current moral standards. Imagine Greenpeace (or whoever) to protest outside LEGO stores because of the depiction of animal cruelty: That would be a nightmare for TLG much like with the 42113 Osprey.

Btw.: The LEGO Idea book 7777 had a very cool circus train.

Edited by Black Knight
fix typo

23 hours ago, zephyr1934 said:

Stupid question here, but why has this thread come unpinned from the top of the forum?

I know, we have so little actual lego trains 2022 to talk about, but it is still the most popular thread these days

I was wondering the same...

@JopieK?  I know you're the train mod so I'm guessing you know the answer....

By the way I've added the new train to the first post. 

Edited by Vilhelm22

6 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I was wondering the same...

@JopieK?  I know you're the train mod so I'm guessing you know the answer....

By the way I've added the new train to the first post. 

Maybe an human error? Don't think it should have been unpinned: I pinned it again. Thanks!

If you could have only one train for the next four years (2022-2026), which would you pick and why?:

1. Large creator steam locomotive (no carriages)

2. High speed passenger train with engine + two carriages

3. Cargo train with engine + three carriages

4. Revamp of one previously released train set (tell us which one)

25 minutes ago, McWaffel said:

If you could have only one train for the next four years (2022-2026), which would you pick and why?:

Ill take number one please. A 4000+ piece working pneumatic flying Scotsman with new low friction linear spool valve for pneumatic engines (would also be great for detailed traction engines and steam powered rides and such). How's that?

On 1/15/2022 at 5:10 PM, jus1973 said:

I do wonder if LEGO will pause trains at some point in the near future, and then move to a 7 or even 8 wide system.  My reasoning is simple.  The 6 wide train has been around since Noah’s dog was a puppy, and road vehicles have gone from being 4 wide, through to 6 wide as a norm.  The 6 wide train now looks comically small to even a simple delivery van, like the bank van in the current Cargo Train set.  

Maybe that’s why we’re only really suffering rehashes of old sets, and not anything more innovative. 

Im asking this myself so many times, when Im having trains and speed champions cars on same diorama.

Cars drastically evolved from 4 studs to 8 studs with two minifig seats. I know city cars are six studs, which is same sizeas train baseplate.

Im guessing they stick to 6 studs, because switching to bigger scale needs so many funding and understanding from train fans, that I dont know if it will be popular move.

Now there is supposed only one city train for 2022, so lets will be prepared for worse. And worse I mean that lego get rid of city trains in future. For lego are trains probably very niche market today...

Shame on them...

5 hours ago, McWaffel said:

Number 1 for the win. Pick you poison, A4 Mallard, DRG class 01, NYC Hudson, ect. Additionally, a rerelease of the Santa Fe 10020 or the Emerald Night would suffice. Really though, give us cars to go with them!