Sign in to follow this  
NOD

Tobago Custom Hull Ship

Recommended Posts

Brethren of the Brick Seas: Class 7

 

Rating system of the Royal Navy: 6th rate

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rating_system_of_the_Royal_Navy

 

51443494196_0b3d01e2ca_b.jpgTOB 11 by Philippe, auf Flickr

 

The hull leans slightly outwards on the side, then inwards. I don't like Tetris on the ship's deck and railing. That's why I built it mostly flat and with few height differences. I want to see curves and as few corners as possible.

 

51444234554_cb52174c8f_b.jpgTOB 07 by Philippe, auf Flickr

 

The captain's cabin is a little wider. Here the hull is built towards the outside at the bottom and towards the inside at the top.

 

51442735632_89722ca21b_b.jpgTOB 08 by Philippe, auf Flickr

 

Light cannons have been added on the upper deck. Because the ship is wider, the cannons can also be operated. There is enough space in width. These must of course be smaller than the cannons on the cannon deck.

 

51443741318_90f7c88d47_b.jpgTOB 09 by Philippe, auf Flickr

 

Swivel guns are always useful. I moved the main mast further back. A longer row boat was built.

 

51444234634_209f3f9a37_b.jpgTOB 05 by Philippe, auf Flickr

 

I improved the shape of the ship. I like the view from above. I can even see that the hull is getting narrower towards the top.

 

51444457185_273182fdf9_b.jpgTOB 06 by Philippe, auf Flickr

 

My ships are similar but not the same "learning by doing". Correcting and changing is too time-consuming, changes to the ship's hull have consequences for the entire ship, building a new one is easier. Every ship is a new build with improvements.

 

51443741538_40eb4f57ed_b.jpgTOB 10 by Philippe, auf Flickr

 

I'm not entirely happy with the bow of this ship. Maybe I can build the bow differently and better. I don't know, at the moment I have no idea. I like the rest, maybe just small improvements.

 

51443741433_7887485ae8_b.jpgTOB 04 by Philippe, auf Flickr

 

I like that I can build the ship wider and more realistic with the Custom Hull.

 

The widest point on the main deck 24 studs (included railing).

The main deck is from the aft to the forward railing 87 studs (included railing), at the feet of figurehead 96 studs.

The waterline is 87 studs.

Total length 117 studs.

 

http://www.suave.net/~dave/cgi/scale.cgi

 

51443494166_b864b6e819_b.jpgTOB 01 by Philippe, auf Flickr

 

It's good that I building digitally. So, I don't have to spend any money for bricks to build a ship that I don't like when it's finished. Sails are just decoration, with real bricks I use cotton sails. Masts and rigging are adapted to the existing sails. A digital build should also look good and realistic. That also includes minifigures.

 

51442735702_917584ca12_b.jpgTOB 02 by Philippe, auf Flickr

 

Edited by NOD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A very impressive ship.

A few notes on posting. It is perfectly fine to post the ship elsewhere too, but we need a post here if the ship is to be used in bobs. That is to make sure it is part of bobs, that people know it exists, and to give it a story.

Remember, ships are not just a mechanical thing to optimise the mrca. It is a living breathing part of our world. BoBS is a collective story building effort, and the builds are part of building the world of bobs.

So I encourage you to give the ship a small story in BoBS. It is interesting to hear your comments on how it was built, what details you like, etc.

I would ask that you consider whether the following comment and the big link to another forum is really the optimal way to add to BoBS. The link is perfectly fine, but I would suggest you add it last.

20 hours ago, NOD said:

In order to be able to license a ship in Brethren of the Brick Seas, I have to do a topic in Brethren of the Brick Seas. That is what the court wants. I enjoy building ships, so they always appear first in the pirate forum.

Generally, I start with the story of this ship, then the practical stuff (such as class), and lastly OOC comments on the ship. I would suggest you consider something similar, and thus focus first on the things that are most relevant for BOBS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a lovely ship! It is full of wonderful details, including the small decorations, the longboat, and the minifigs (I know how difficult minifig posing can be in LDD)!
The real masterpiece here is the hull! It definitely looks made up of wood, and all the angles are perfect, at least when seen from the side! Would it be possible (although difficult and very expensive) to build it also in real bricks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2021 at 8:08 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Oooh. Very nice!

Many Thanks,

I am glad that you like my ship.
On 12/27/2021 at 8:09 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Another very impressive one.

I like this one's stern very much

That's a lovely frigate for the SR team.

Many Thanks,

The stern of the ship is well done. I still have problems with the bow of the ship.

On 12/28/2021 at 10:27 AM, Bregir said:

A very impressive ship.

A few notes on posting. It is perfectly fine to post the ship elsewhere too, but we need a post here if the ship is to be used in bobs. That is to make sure it is part of bobs, that people know it exists, and to give it a story.

Remember, ships are not just a mechanical thing to optimise the mrca. It is a living breathing part of our world. BoBS is a collective story building effort, and the builds are part of building the world of bobs.

So I encourage you to give the ship a small story in BoBS. It is interesting to hear your comments on how it was built, what details you like, etc.

I would ask that you consider whether the following comment and the big link to another forum is really the optimal way to add to BoBS. The link is perfectly fine, but I would suggest you add it last.

Generally, I start with the story of this ship, then the practical stuff (such as class), and lastly OOC comments on the ship. I would suggest you consider something similar, and thus focus first on the things that are most relevant for BOBS.

Many Thanks,

Now I understand it. Before that I thought that it also counted at Pirate MOCs because everything belongs to LEGO Pirates. I have since deleted the link.

I really enjoy reading stories. Writing myself is difficult for me because most of the time I have no ideas. I have saved your comment on the computer. Next time I'll try to write according to your instructions.

19 hours ago, Keymonus said:

What a lovely ship! It is full of wonderful details, including the small decorations, the longboat, and the minifigs (I know how difficult minifig posing can be in LDD)!
The real masterpiece here is the hull! It definitely looks made up of wood, and all the angles are perfect, at least when seen from the side! Would it be possible (although difficult and very expensive) to build it also in real bricks?

Many Thanks,

It is possible to build with real Lego bricks. However, additional bricks are required in the ship's hull. The construction must be made more stable. At Bricklink without sails and minifigures 4910 parts Euro 3000.--. It is probably cheaper if I can order as many parts as possible from Lego Shop.

15 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Epic!

Many Thanks,

This hull was an exercise in the construction of the Habana galleon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NOD said:

I really enjoy reading stories. Writing myself is difficult for me because most of the time I have no ideas.

Oh, I hear ya. Writing stories is tough work. What I would suggest is to start with where the ship is built, who is the captain and owner, who will it sail with, what will it do, etc. That can typically kick-start a small story, that helps the build come alive :pir-blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2021 at 4:34 PM, Bregir said:

Oh, I hear ya. Writing stories is tough work. What I would suggest is to start with where the ship is built, who is the captain and owner, who will it sail with, what will it do, etc. That can typically kick-start a small story, that helps the build come alive :pir-blush:

Many Thanks,

Very good ideas! I'll write it on the next ship. So that I don't forget, I have saved your 2 posts in a Word file.

On 12/30/2021 at 7:20 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Amazing ship, well done. And with a completely self-made hull  - respect!

Many Thanks,

I was only able to get the hull thanks to the many tips and photos at Brethren of the Brick Seas and Pirates MOCs. This enabled me to build a ship's hull based on my own ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2022 at 3:59 PM, evancelt said:

Magnificent!

Many Thanks,

It's a good ship to bring peace, freedom, justice and security to the New Haven Sea! :devil_laugh:

Edited by NOD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.