Sign in to follow this  
Batbrick

7886 Batcycle: Harley's Hammer Truck review

Hello all, as you might have guesses the promise of a free item of food was merely a front to distract you here! :tongue:

I picked this set up the other day at Toyworld (Sinner take note, you don't have to order it), and couldn't resist making a review of its awesomeness.

Like Deinonychus I am a massive fan of the character following her Batman: Animated Series debut, and though the comics version of her isn't as good she is adorable in anything (double meaning there? :grin: )

This also marks the very first Batbrick and Brainbox review:

p1230981.jpg

:laugh:

First up is the box. Whether one likes the set or not one must admit that the art on these boxes really look great. I'm loving the cartoon Batman Begins Bats in the corner and The Dark Knight logo at the top, a neat touch:

p1230976.jpg

Back of the box showing features, I love the bit down the bottom showing all the sets, even if it is a bit depressing as their is not a brickbuilt building in sight:

p1230978.jpg

A closeup of the comic strip, I loved how they've gotten her loopy character right what with her crashing into the wall, sticking out her tongue and being saved by Batman:

p1230979.jpg

First up as usual are the figs. The new suit Batman is an incredible print, absolutely gorgeous. I love how it is dark grey, really gives an armoured look like in the new movie series, and parts in between the armour printing are a shiny metallic silver colour. Harley is looking fantastic as well, one of my favourite minifigs ever, and the ?one breast? syndrome is barely noticeable in real life. I'm very happy with her face too, she looks deranged, enjoying it all, yet not entirely evil like "Her Puddin'" (Joker).

p1230983.jpg

The set also comes with the standard gun and batarang kit. Although I'm entirely over the batarangs what with no place to really store them, the guns are always good to have and a equipping my Gotham gangs. Also included are two revolvers, one for Harley and a spare.

p1230985.jpg

Now for the first part, the Batcycle. I expected something not unlike this when we saw the Batpod in the Dark Knight trailers, and while a bit different, it is rather cool looking:

p1230986.jpg

That's not to say it doesn't have its fair share of problems. It is too wide, has flick fire missiles (easily removed) and the yellow and blue colours in between look terrible:

p1230987.jpg

It looks very cool and mean from the side though, and even sitting down the Dark Knight looks really good in it:

p1230988.jpg

Those who wish to mod it though, rejoice! As you can see in this overview pic there are a further two light bley technic pieces which can be pulled out and made less wide, in the process giving it one wheel at the front and one at the back:

p1230989.jpg

Hey! Come back with that!

p1230991.jpg

Well, now that silly Brainbox has crashed it, we can get a look at the bottom and how it is made:

p1230992.jpg

Well, while Brainbox repairs it for me, here is the meat of the set - The Harlyey Hammer Truck:

p1230993.jpg

And what a beauty she is, boy was Grevious wrong about this one! It really is a fantastic monster truck, and the colour scheme works perfectly:

p1230994.jpg

View of front with the beauty herself in the front. as oyu can see on the left, the hammer has a cool "Wack-A-Bat" sticker on it:

p1230995.jpg

It also comes with an easily removable crate with four jewels on it, outdoing and embarrassing The Penguin who only had one :laugh: From this view you can also see a good look at the wheel attachment, the whole thing is very strong and sturdy:

p1240007.jpg

The truck has only one seat but is easily modable for more, I love the adorable "Hit me" (a clue of Harley and Joker's relationship perhaps) and Joker card stickers. You also get a good look at the SNOT work and hammer attachment here. The SNOT is incredible for a Lego set, very gorgeous, and the hammer is really, really simply removed:

p1240004.jpg

As you can see here, turning the rear part here (nicely done still in black and red) back and forth swings the hammer. This feature is very fun and doesn't shake up the model or anything, you can also see the very cute "I love Joker" sticker here, a great touch:

p1240002.jpg

Finally Brainbox and I arrive to the hottie, me in my Batbrick-Cycle. he in his Brainbox-Mobile:

p1240009.jpg

Unfortunately we both get to her at the same time, who will win her?

p1240011.jpg

As Brainbox and I fight (I'm winning :tongue:) Harley runs off to a new person. Who could it be? Who could she possibly love more than the great Dark Knight?

p1240012.jpg

Why, the Clown Prince of Crime, that's who!

p1240013.jpg

Noo! Looks like it's back to talking about DC Comics and pining over more fictional characters for us poor comic geeks :cry_sad:

p1240014.jpg

The entire set in its full:

p1240015.jpg

Now for the scoring:

Build: 5/5 - This set is a quick build but by no means at all <insert that tiresome argument>. Like the set or not but it gets put together like clockwork and not a tedious step in it.

Playability: 4/5 - The vehicles are both great and revving them is a lot of fun, especially driving the hammer truck over stuff. The hamer gimmick is great but it loses a point for the flick fire missiles.

Design: 4/5 - Great stuff but falls short of perfection with the flick fires and wide Batcycle. As cool as it is it needs modding.

Minifigs: 5/5 - Would've been 4/5 as it only contains 2 mfs for a large price, but c'mon, it's Harley Quinn! :wub:

Price: 3/5 - Being a Batman set it is expected to be expensive but ultimately it could've been cheaper.

Overall: 21/25 A brilliant set with a few flaws, but ones that can be overcome. And Harley. Yes, Harley donates 50% of its greatness :laugh:

Hope you enjoyed the review!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Nice review Batbrick. I have this set and HQ is by far the best Batman badguy so far. :wub:

WHERE IS MY SNOW CONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sing:

Edited by cartoondude

Wow that set looks a lot nicer than I thought, thanks for the review Batbrick, very funny as expected. I presume that's a custom paint job on the Fedora for the Joker? That looks amazing, I might have to do that myself. I may have to cave in and buy this one ASWELL :sweet:

Thanks for the extra review... and for giving me ideas with that fendora! I haven't bought the Joker as I don't like the hair, but that is a nice solution! :wub:

(Sinner take note, you don't have to order it)

I bought it last week at BigW... :blush:

It also comes with an easily removable crate with four jewels on it, outdoing and embarrassing The Penguin who only had one :laugh:

:cry_sad: Why?! Why so mean!!!!! :sing:

Great review anyway, Batbrick! ) :thumbup:

Nicely done and I always enjoy your little stories in the reviews! )

The set is trully great! )

Thanks! ) :classic:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Nice review.

I guess the set is worth getting just for the 2 figures. I'm liking the monster truck though, very cool.

Thanks.

Nice review Batbrick. I have this set and HQ is by far the best Batman badguy so far. :wub:

Thanks, while I disagree about her being the best badguy, she certainly is up there, as for your snow cone, find it yourself! :tongue:

Wow that set looks a lot nicer than I thought, thanks for the review Batbrick, very funny as expected. I presume that's a custom paint job on the Fedora for the Joker? That looks amazing, I might have to do that myself. I may have to cave in and buy this one ASWELL :sweet:

Thanks BigT, a fellow Launcestonian, I really should meet you sometime (you know, when your not stealing all the SW battlepacks :laugh:). Yes, in my topics in the Minifig Customisation Workshop I painted a few, one of them grey for a gangster, thanks, and I only used normal paint!

And yes, cave in, cave cave cave cave!

Thanks for the extra review... and for giving me ideas with that fendora! I haven't bought the Joker as I don't like the hair, but that is a nice solution! :wub:

I bought it last week at BigW... :blush:

I swear there is something going on with that fedora, I can't escape it! Thanks though, good to see you picked it up, never heard of BigW though...

Ahhh, I want that set. Nice review! :thumbup:

You want, but you cannot have! :sad:

:cry_sad: Why?! Why so mean!!!!! :sing:

Great review anyway, Batbrick! ) :thumbup:

Nicely done and I always enjoy your little stories in the reviews! )

The set is trully great! )

Thanks! ) :classic:

Thanks as always friend. I was mean only because, well, I wanted to :laugh:

Hope you can get the set soon (and steal the diamonds!)

Nice review.

I guess the set is worth getting just for the 2 figures. I'm liking the monster truck though, very cool.

Thanks.

Thanks, it really is worth it, the pieces are very nice too.

I was mean only because, well, I wanted to :laugh:

:cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad:

Hope you can get the set soon (and steal the diamonds!)

Thanks! ) So do I. ) :laugh:

Stealing from a lady! ) What a disgrace! ) :sad: However, on second thought.... :laugh:

Thanks again for the great review, Batbrick! ) :classic:

Where is it? WHERE IS IT? Batbrick, you promised a snow cone. PROMISED!!! :sing: :sing: :sing:

Of course, it all comes down too cartoondude stealing mine because he didn't get his at first. Yeah, you can't hide anything from me. I just have one thing to say:

"You dirty rat, you stole my snow cone!"

Ha, anyway, nice review, Batbrick! I agree with you about Harley: The best Batman fig ever!!! Love the truck, but the bike looks kinda bulky.

Good job :thumbup: !

Thanks for the review mate. It's always nice to see more pictures of this frankly superb set. I really need to get this as soon as possible, if only for Harley. The hammer truck is fun and wacky, something we don't have a lot of in the current Bat-mythos, and the Batcycle isn't as bad as I first thought.

This also marks the very first Batbrick and Brainbox review:

About time too. And what is this, a 'mention as many EBers as possible' review? We had Sinner, Deinonychus, The Penguin, Grievous, you, me... :wink:

A closeup of the comic strip, I loved how they've gotten her loopy character right what with her crashing into the wall, sticking out her tongue and being saved by Batman:

I always like the comic strips. This is no exception, and like you say, so very Harley.

Well, now that silly Brainbox has crashed it, we can get a look at the bottom and how it is made:

You'd be surprised how accurate that is. I seem to have a knack for making things break by fiddling with them. :laugh:

But isn't it great how everything came out right in the end?

Finally Brainbox and I arrive to the hottie, me in my Batbrick-Cycle. he in his Brainbox-Mobile:

Oh that is fantastic! I might have to build one of my own...

On a sidenote, does the BatbrickCave have some low-slung saws/knives near the entrance? Because I always seem to lose large amounts of hair every time I go near it. :laugh:

Why?! Why so mean!!!!!

Yeah, Batbrick, why? :sad:

And what a beauty she is, boy was Grevious wrong about this one!

That's it - I've had enough of your reviews and your unfailing persistant enjoyment of making fun of everyone who had engaged in conversation with you on this forum, fatdork. :angry:

Or not. Kidding, kidding, of course. :tongue: Thanks for the very nice review - I do think this set looks much better now - and even was considering getting it for a little while. But please, don't get angry at me for the "fatdork" remark. :look: Hinckley started it back in EB News' interview with you! Look!

hinckleybillboard.jpg

See - it's all his fault! :angry::wink:

great review, you (almost...) convinced me to get, but the price... how much is it? (please oh please make it cheap! :sing:) It looks like a very good parts pack. Fout dimonds, one light blue (or is that just the flash on your camera? is it regular blue?), a very awesome Batman torso, nice guns, batarangs, dragon wings, and Harley. Not to mention this will (hopefully) be my first Batman set, although dont get me too into this with your free snacks and oh-so-funny reviews :tongue:! I cant get all of the themes! And all of those bricks stated above will all come in handy in MOCing: Harleys hat could easily be painted to make Aayla Secura (SW), Those dragon wings could be used for my MetaKnight, the guns for the comic game (SW), and the armor also for the comic game. I think the armor would be great in SW.

...anyways, thanks for the review, and could someone please tell me what the price is and if the blue jewel is light blue or not. Thanks!

Nice review Batbrick. I might still pick up this set, if I have the money soon. Anyways I liked the story and Harleys my babe all right! :tongue:

Ha, anyway, nice review, Batbrick! I agree with you about Harley: The best Batman fig ever!!! Love the truck, but the bike looks kinda bulky.

Good job :thumbup: !

Thanks, she is a great fig, and the bike is a bit bulky, so just you wait for my Bat Mocs'N'Mods 4!

Thanks for the review mate. It's always nice to see more pictures of this frankly superb set. I really need to get this as soon as possible, if only for Harley. The hammer truck is fun and wacky, something we don't have a lot of in the current Bat-mythos, and the Batcycle isn't as bad as I first thought.

I agree the Batmythos need a little more wacky in them, and though I've removed the hammer, the truck is here to stay!

About time too. And what is this, a 'mention as many EBers as possible' review? We had Sinner, Deinonychus, The Penguin, Grievous, you, me... :wink:

Only 6? I though iamded and dragonator were in there :cry_sad:

I always like the comic strips. This is no exception, and like you say, so very Harley.

Yes, I really, really regret throwing out my old Batboxes....

Oh that is fantastic! I might have to build one of my own...

I was surprised how cute it came out as! :wub: I might build you a better one, one day.

On a sidenote, does the BatbrickCave have some low-slung saws/knives near the entrance? Because I always seem to lose large amounts of hair every time I go near it. :laugh:

Hmmm, interesting, I might make a minivig for that sometime :laugh:

That's it - I've had enough of your reviews and your unfailing persistant enjoyment of making fun of everyone who had engaged in conversation with you on this forum, fatdork. :angry:

Or not. Kidding, kidding, of course. :tongue: Thanks for the very nice review - I do think this set looks much better now - and even was considering getting it for a little while. But please, don't get angry at me for the "fatdork" remark. :look: Hinckley started it back in EB News' interview with you! Look!

See - it's all his fault! :angry::wink:

:laugh:, I remember that! But you are still a wrongness!

great review, you (almost...) convinced me to get, but the price... how much is it? (please oh please make it cheap! :sing:) It looks like a very good parts pack. Fout dimonds, one light blue (or is that just the flash on your camera? is it regular blue?), a very awesome Batman torso, nice guns, batarangs, dragon wings, and Harley. Not to mention this will (hopefully) be my first Batman set, although dont get me too into this with your free snacks and oh-so-funny reviews :tongue:! I cant get all of the themes! And all of those bricks stated above will all come in handy in MOCing: Harleys hat could easily be painted to make Aayla Secura (SW), Those dragon wings could be used for my MetaKnight, the guns for the comic game (SW), and the armor also for the comic game. I think the armor would be great in SW.

...anyways, thanks for the review, and could someone please tell me what the price is and if the blue jewel is light blue or not. Thanks!

Thanks Jim Butcher, I hope oyu can get it, it really is a wonderful set and a load of fun. I don't use flash so the blue diamond is light blue, and the price in Aus is 50 dollars, not sure about elsewhere sorry.

Nice review Batbrick. I might still pick up this set, if I have the money soon. Anyways I liked the story and Harleys my babe all right! :tongue:

Thanks, but I contain no respect for you sir the way you handle Harley, tossing her about and whatnot, shame on you! :tongue:

I agree the Batmythos need a little more wacky in them, and though I've removed the hammer, the truck is here to stay!

You... removed the hammer? :cry_sad: But I thought you liked it.

Were they?

I was surprised how cute it came out as! :wub: I might build you a better one, one day.

Not if I build myself one first.

:laugh: I'd love to see that.

Thanks, she is a great fig, and the bike is a bit bulky, so just you wait for my Bat Mocs'N'Mods 4!

Yes, I really, really regret throwing out my old Batboxes....

:laugh:, I remember that! But you are still a wrongness!

Thanks Jim Butcher, I hope oyu can get it, it really is a wonderful set and a load of fun. I don't use flash so the blue diamond is light blue, and the price in Aus is 50 dollars, not sure about elsewhere sorry.

Thanks, but I contain no respect for you sir the way you handle Harley, tossing her about and whatnot, shame on you! :tongue:

Thanks very much, BatBrick :sweet:. 50 Australian dollars? so about... 30 USD? Not bad... and the blue dimond is light! thats cool :sweet:.

Another great review by Batbrick. :thumbup:

Like the way you depict the flow of your review, very enjoyable to read. :tongue:

About this set, I must agreed that this is an very nice set to have, especially for Harley mini-fig. I am pretty sure that her hammer truck is very big. I am sure, when this baby is on the road. It will either smashing vehicles on its side or crush the vehicles at the front. A real monster truck! :laugh:

The batcycle looks very cool and sturdy! I am quite amazed by its construction, mainly used technic parts. Overall, it looks very nice to me. :sweet:

Nice review!

I really like the Harley-Quinn figure. Might need it for a jester for my castle MOC's, but i could always wait for the castle advent calender.

Tom