Well,
it definitely is not the 42126 Raptor, but I can not deny that I had a intention to rebuild that set into proper 4WD version with 3 differentials in the beginning of this MOC.

Well, things got wild then, and I ended with this slightly short RC generic pickup truck with working fake engine, 3 C+ L motors, working fake V6 half-way under the hood and arduino-powered flash light hazard lights (still in development - better case for the PCB needed). The tow truck accessory is there just for the effect and does not work.

Yes, there are many 3D printed parts (headlight covers, tow-hooks in the front, steering wheel, rims and 3rd party tires. Everything other is is genuine LEGO (expect LEDs and PCB ofcourse).

I am considering making instructions and video.

All photos:
https://bricksafe.com/pages/horcikdesigns/yellow-pickup-truck

Video of flashlight bar operating: 
https://bricksafe.com/files/horcikdesigns/yellow-pickup-truck/MOV_0106.mp4

1280x856.jpg

1280x856.jpg

1280x856.jpg

1280x856.jpg

1280x856.jpg

1280x856.jpg

Edited by HorcikDesigns

It looks good, but mechanically it could be better.

the current setup puts a VERY high stress on the central differential, U joints and axle differentials and will caus eyour truck to tilt sideways a lot under load.

I would replace the normal hubs with the planetary ones and use 24 tooth gears to drive the central differential. This will reduce the load on the driveline at least 3x times.

@Zerobricks Thanks!))
Yes, you're right, that setup would definitely be much better in case I would like to take this truck to it's limits and built it primarily for performance (and had more unused planetary hubs). :D
I wanted to avoid the 8t-8t gear combination too, but there was not enough space (and reason, as I built this mostly as showcar for exhibitions) in the chassis for the 24t-24t version. Then I would also go for the new differential as well instead these old ones.

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Love this truck! As for design, could you try to rotate rear arch 7x5x3 panels outwards a little bit?

5 hours ago, rm8 said:

Love this truck! As for design, could you try to rotate rear arch 7x5x3 panels outwards a little bit?

Or, put them even more outward and add some 1*2 slopes above the wheel to have an "extended" wheelarch.