Sign in to follow this  
mschreiber

[MOC} Shipwreck Island 6296 - Unwrecked

This is my imagination of what the ship which is wrecked in 6296 would have been like when it still sailed. I tried my best to incorporate as many elements from the original set as I could, but the skull stern couldn't be saved.

AM-JKLUSxK45RbKMxkisrlj9X2HekRJ8Ak3YOoPy

AM-JKLXeC5VLhc6lTkDwtYFgSqXKMQeaAck8Fvuh

AM-JKLWdmALt74E04xpJaJJO3gDWHagj0pEGceN8

Features are guns which can swivel between sides, a working capstan, which raises and lowers the net and the stern is hinged to allow access to the cabin.

AM-JKLWAdPsy8r5-ZovdynBOgpg6eArowsufEiOH

AM-JKLX4e8Lmd1YOnJ6Pt3rU86h0fRj06OgLosm3

AM-JKLUVJvuuoVMXZ_40NZZWfJInE-G-dGl5-fg8

AM-JKLWIgZtYc7tou4Ocu-HGvohiIZq_a_iMab27

AM-JKLUQaP6Y4L1Noz318wTULSsr2-VgLWX6unJ-

AM-JKLWYzv29bkcsEC2ywEDsjUuS6gmh2toAxzvP

AM-JKLWQBtU79cFjciyEL2CyeeNrIEllNqvh6LpQ

For fun, I tried not to use any pieces which which hadn't come out at the time of the release of 6296, but alas, I needed to use 1x2 plates with door rails instead of the 1x8s from the original in order to fit the cannon assemblies in the hull.

This is my first attempt at custom sails and a brick built hull, and I really had a blast. Thank you everyone for all the amazing inspiration to build!

Edited by mschreiber

Fantastic idea! This was one of my favourite sets when I was a kid, yet I never ever thought about how the ship could have looked originaly. A big thumbs up from me :pir-huzzah2:

On 12/25/2021 at 4:37 AM, mschreiber said:

For fun, I tried not to use any pieces which which hadn't come out at the time of the release of 6296, but alas, I needed to use 1x2 plates with door rails instead of the 1x8s from the original in order to fit the cannon assemblies in the hull.

You've done well!

But how did this ship come to be wrecked anyway? :pir-grin: