Hi Everyone Merry Christmas! This is my Table Tennis robot demonstration. The table tennis robot can launch balls at up to 10 m/s using two buggy motors driving a pair of 46mm wheels. The ball baskets holds up to 60 balls that can be fired at the player at an adjustable rate of between 1 ball per second to 1 ball every 3 seconds. The firing angle is adjustable between 15 and 45 degrees using the buwizz 3.0 pro and application on an android tablet. The robot can produce topspin or backspin depending on the relative speed of the ball launch wheels. The robot is demonstrated on a table tennis table in backhand mode.

Edited by TechnicBrickPower
Replaced video with audio fix

This is quite cool! A way to practice table tennis without a partner

But I must say, maybe you should watch your video first before you upload - there's about a minute where you have two audio tracks going at the same time. I think you can fix it post upload with youtubes editor

That's a pretty cool mechanism, kind of like a small GBC that's actually got some real-life utility! Interesting use of the Buwizz motors, didn't think it would be possible to build it with such a reasonable speed out of lego.

Very cool! I showed it to my Sister because she is a passionate Table Tennis as well. She said looks to be working pretty well :thumbup:

So just got back from a cabin trip for the holidays.  All my bros and sisters.  Huge game room with a table tennis... table?  We had a huge round robin table tennis tournament, had tons of fun.  Im not great at table tennis, but I held my own.  Sure could have used an invention like this though to help me prepare...

On 12/24/2021 at 12:19 PM, TechnicBrickPower said:

Hi Everyone Merry Christmas! This is my Table Tennis robot demonstration. The table tennis robot can launch balls at up to 10 m/s using two buggy motors driving a pair of 46mm wheels. The ball baskets holds up to 60 balls that can be fired at the player at an adjustable rate of between 1 ball per second to 1 ball every 3 seconds. The firing angle is adjustable between 15 and 45 degrees using the buwizz 3.0 pro and application on an android tablet. The robot can produce topspin or backspin depending on the relative speed of the ball launch wheels. The robot is demonstrated on a table tennis table in backhand mode.

Wow! That's a cool thing to play without a partner. I purchased table tennis recently https://pingpongacademy.org/best-outdoor-ping-pong-table/#product7 and sometimes I have noone to play with.

I can install it on the opposite side of the table and play with it. Thank you