Stepwise

CS Starfighter (more of a modification/recolor, really)

I worked on this starfighter for a while - I started with the instructions for the viper from the Alien Conquest series and used classic space parts I had on hand.

Nothing big and fancy, just wanted to see "what would happen if..." I tend to lean towards a color scheme that's based loosely off the FX Star Patroller due to the parts I have on hand.

CS%20Starfighter%201.jpg

I had *almost* everything I needed, but kept on putting off the last couple of parts . . . then I ran out of space on my shelves, so I made a digital copy and took it apart.

So - credit where credit is due - this is the original model, I built this copy in Stud.io, and used Gimp to add a background I found years ago by Baron von Brunk.

I have a couple more pictures here.

Edited by Stepwise
(forgot the link to Bricksafe the first time around)

I wasn't picturing that when I was working on this, but I see what you're saying. (similar basic shape...but no moving parts on this one.)

Thanks!

Nice model.
Are you planning to build this with real bricks?

Perhaps I can use for my builds some old Space elements as well.
I forget to use them most of the time.

I hope that Lego will bring back this cockpit shape. 

Nexo Knight had one that was fairly similar but more pointed and only 1 color

It'd be cool to see that cockpit shape again, even if they had it attach differently. I wonder if they could do a similar shape that just fits in place like the speed champions windscreens.

I'm saving the stud.io file, but at the moment, I'm not planning to rebuild this one. I have most of the parts, but not everything I need. The other issue is shelf space, and I'm running out!

I like it a lot. I like even more that you used plates for the wings and not bricks. I hate it when people make wings with bricks turned sideways. It takes away from the old Space Lego feel.

Thanks!

I go back and forth about the shapes for wings - I really wanted the classic look with this one, but I do like it when people pull off a really smooth look with sideways building. I don't have the knack for that yet.