Veynom

[MOC] Nebelwerfer in action

Another go with a WW2 action scene. Here is a small vignette showcasing a German Nebelwerfer in action, probably on the East front.

51761770420_e686d3530c_c.jpg
Nebelwerfer 41 in action by Veynom, on Flickr

51761555944_bf6bd699dd_c.jpg
Nebelwerfer 41 in action by Veynom, on Flickr

The model is mostly based on the BrickMania design, except for the wheels and ammunitions.

The Nebelwerfer - literally "smoke launcher" - was originally designed as a rocket launcher with a name purposely chosen to deceive its true nature. Rocket researches in Germany started during the 1920s and were fruitful in the late 30s. The "Nebelwerfer" name was used to go around the restrictions from the Versailles treaty preventing Germany to develop and produce weapons. In reality, the Nebelwerfer could launch smoke, of course, but also combat gas and highly explosive rockets. It was used during the entire WW2 conflict on all fronts.

As I do not like to simply "copy" an existing model, I also built a light blueish grey version which has a different undercarriage and mounting system. The undercarriage is based on a modified plate 2x2 with pins while the mounting system relies on a technic connector. It allows for larger and more realistic wheels and a lighter mounting system.

51761770455_3da786972b_c.jpg
Nebelwerfer 41 by Veynom, on Flickr

Here, the rear view of both Nebelwerfers shows you the loaded one firing its first rocket (left) and one without any ammunition in it (right).

51760904886_0ee2913a17_c.jpg
Nebelwerfer 41 by Veynom, on Flickr

Hope you like these.

I have been contemplating to build a white-ish version representing the winter paint job used on the East front  as well but I lack the necessary bricks. And I have no winter soldier as well. ;)

Edited by Veynom
Typo.

Thank you all for the nice comments.

It is not the first time I use the ice cream as smoke effect. I already used it in a Star Wars modified vehicle inspired by the Russian Katioucha.

50152016197_4dc95b649e_c.jpg
TX-225 Katyoucha by Veynom, on Flickr

2 hours ago, Veynom said:

Thank you all for the nice comments.

It is not the first time I use the ice cream as smoke effect. I already used it in a Star Wars modified vehicle inspired by the Russian Katioucha.
TX-225 Katyoucha by Veynom, on Flickr

Sweet Star Wars rocket hovercraft. I can see the resemblance to the old Katyoucha, combined with the aesthetics of Star Wars. Well done.

Nice little vignette with this ”Nebelwerfer”. You often build these WWII MOCs? Nice Wehrmacht soldier you have, by the way. 🫡👍