BarfolomewMog

(MOC) Boba Fett Battle Mech

Hi

This MOC is the first in a series, the idea of which was spawned by the release of set 75167 - Bounty Hunter Speeder-Bike Battle Pack.

I never had a clear idea of the scale I was building in, and only a basic idea of what he would look like, so he evolved over time. 

As he got bigger he needed constant redesigning to prevent him collapsing under his own weight. 

It's been nearly 5 years in the making, with a lot of learning along the way.

I hope you like it!

51759156819_8de67e8b6f_c.jpgBoba Fett Achilles Class Battle Mech by Greg Dalink, on Flickr

51759126329_d0d9a169c0_z.jpgBoba Fett Achilles Class Battle Mech by Greg Dalink, on Flickr

51758498676_0bf6fa5618_z.jpgBoba Fett Achilles Class Battle Mech by Greg Dalink, on Flickr

This is amazing, the greebling around the midsection is fantastic and the helmet looks incredible. What is the range of articulation (if there is any)

Edited by Guyinaplaguemask

This mech is so good and detailed. Brilliant! I also like the base with the poor little Sarlacc and the Jawas. Quite humorous :laugh:

Fantastic shaping on the mech! And your base adds just the right amount of detail without detracting from the main model.

On 12/22/2021 at 12:32 PM, Kage Goomba said:

I see much wooteenie in this. Nicely done - had me laughing.

It's spelled utinni, stop appropriating jawa culture! :sarcasm:

Everytime I look at this, I see more details I missed last time. The saw blade, the thermal detonators, the pistols used as greebles in the feet, the engine used in the arm, etc!

21 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's spelled utinni, stop appropriating jawa culture! :sarcasm:

Everytime I look at this, I see more details I missed last time. The saw blade, the thermal detonators, the pistols used as greebles in the feet, the engine used in the arm, etc!

<steals ship parts and hightails it out on a sandcrawler>

On 12/23/2021 at 4:20 AM, Guyinaplaguemask said:

What is the range of articulation (if there is any)

The arms and legs can move around quite a bit and the torso can twist about 30 degrees either side, but the limiting factor is balance.

On 12/23/2021 at 5:00 AM, lowlead said:

that sarlacc is sooo screwed

On 12/23/2021 at 5:16 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Quite humorous

I thought it would be a good idea to try and tell a bit of a story given their history together!

On 12/23/2021 at 5:22 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

Lore question, did the jawas build it for him?

That's an intersting take! No, in my mind it is more of a case of the Jawas hiring a "Negotiator" haha

On 12/23/2021 at 5:32 AM, Kage Goomba said:

I see much wooteenie in this

Exactly my thought, I'm happy that that was what you took away from it!

On 12/25/2021 at 4:07 AM, MKJoshA said:

right amount of detail without detracting from the main model

Thanks, I remember reading about the use of negative space in an image and wanted to keep everything balanced.

22 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

the thermal detonators

I'm glad you noticed! Boba's blaster hangs on his other hip.

When I found the dark blue printed wedge piece from the 2003 mini Slave 1, I knew I had to use it somewhere and the best place seemed to be in his rocket pack.

Thank you all for your kind words, I've been wanting to share this for quite some time.

This is amazing, I could totally see this having been in Star Wars Visions. 

On 12/26/2021 at 2:30 PM, LEGODrongo01 said:

this is so well built!

Thanks, but if I were starting again, I would attach his utility belt to his hips instead of his torso.

This was fine when he was smaller, but at this scale it limits his twisting movement at the waist and makes him top heavy.

It would require some major work, and at this stage it feels like "good enough" is good enough as I'm keen to  finish the next mech in this series.

On 12/27/2021 at 7:29 PM, SATSOK said:

Well done

Thank you!

On 12/28/2021 at 3:59 AM, Meadius said:

see this having been in Star Wars Visions

I really wanted this to fit into the Star Wars Universe and tried to strike a balance between Dieselpunk and Anime. 

As an aside, I wanted to use the Maori word for 'Warrior" when describing the class of mech in honour of Temura Morrisson, but turns out that the Maori word is "Toa" and that ship has well and truly sailed haha!

In the end I chose Achilles-Class because of his Spartan type appearance.  

You had me at "next"  and "series" lol. Like to see that Tusken Raider "The Champion" from the Book of Boba Fett, that was an awesome character that deserves a moc, keep up the great work.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:28 AM, LukeSkybuilder said:

Sarlacc Buster!

You betcha!

On 1/22/2022 at 1:00 PM, Jollygrnreefer said:

Like to see that Tusken Raider

Agree, such a good character but I've got my hands full finishing my current work!

Expect the next installment very soon...