Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, StegoLover said:

That sounds really awesome, would love to see them doing something like that since it would definitely raise the popularity, although I hope we'll finally get an accurately sized raptor mold.

We'll probably be seeing the 2 ford explorers, one being in the Trike and one in the visitor center set, my guess is that they'd include some vegetation in the Trike one, or hopefully the iconic pile of shit Sattler took a dive in. Though we'll just have to wait and see when the reveals will be

I've been thinking about the Brachio ever since the set name leaks, and I realised that TLG probably doesn't have a single way of reusing any molds from the past, because of it's mass, which would make it the second dino with all-new molds, after the indoraptor

Yeah haha, it'd be cool, though i understand some people hate having to buy every set, and some can't afford it so that would suck for them in that regard

I reckon we might only get 1 ford explorer in this wave and that would be in the triceratops set, becuase i dont think the visitors centre will have the front of the building, i think it'll be the inside with a building of the iconic t rex roaring and the 'when dinosaurs ruled the earth' banner, but thats just my thoughts, also if any vehicle were in that set i think it would be a jeep but i digress lol

Yeah lol, if the brachiosaurus is fully molded (hopefully), it would be the creature release that isnt reusing any old parts from other figures, because technically these ones come before it, in order: baby dino, juvenile dilophosaurus, baby triceratops, baby ankylosaurus, quetzalcoatlus (if you ignore those two little shoulder pieces lol).

The indoraptor does reuse the indominus' twisty arms so it cant be on the list, however the baby younger versions of species should still count right lol?

On 12/19/2022 at 9:03 PM, StegoLover said:

That sounds really awesome, would love to see them doing something like that since it would definitely raise the popularity, although I hope we'll finally get an accurately sized raptor mold.

As long as it has movable limbs aswell

Promobricks has put what are apparently the piece counts on their story. It does look like the Brachiosaurus and t Rex will be molded based off of that, but I do not like the idea of a less than 700 piece visitor center--that is ridiculously tiny, I do not think you can even make a façade with that.  

5 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Promobricks has put what are apparently the piece counts on their story. It does look like the Brachiosaurus and t Rex will be molded based off of that, but I do not like the idea of a less than 700 piece visitor center--that is ridiculously tiny, I do not think you can even make a façade with that.  

It will be an interior with the fossil display I bet 

76957: The Velociraptor Escape [4+] (35€, 137 pcs)

76958: The Dilophosaurus Ambush (20€, 211 pcs)

76959: The Search for the Triceratops (50€, 281 pcs)

76959:  The Discovery of the Brachiosaurus (80€, 512 pcs)

76960: Visitor Center: Attack of the T. rex [12+, NOT 18+] (120€, 693 pcs)

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

76957: The Velociraptor Escape [4+] (35€, 137 pcs)

That seems a bit over priced! Unless it has like 3 moulded raptors 

76959: The Search for the Triceratops (50€, 281 pcs)

This better have the jeep!

Again we are being robbed of a full Visitor Center building, with that piece count I doubt we'll even see a facade. At least taking into account price per piece ratio it's quite possible we'll get the t-rex and both raptors from the finale. Still a must have for me but I fear it won't be as impressive as I was hoping.

Brachiosaurus set - I do not like the piece count, it seems a bit too high and now I'm leaning towards a theory the dino will be ha moulded and brick-built hybrid, which is not great. I really hope I'm wrong.

56 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

Again we are being robbed of a full Visitor Center building, with that piece count I doubt we'll even see a facade. At least taking into account price per piece ratio it's quite possible we'll get the t-rex and both raptors from the finale. Still a must have for me but I fear it won't be as impressive as I was hoping.

Brachiosaurus set - I do not like the piece count, it seems a bit too high and now I'm leaning towards a theory the dino will be ha moulded and brick-built hybrid, which is not great. I really hope I'm wrong.

I have your exact thoughts mate

6 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Given the price and piece count for the brachiosaurus, I’m willing to bet at least part of it will be brick built

Probably most of it except for the head if i were to guess

If they're going to combine moulding and brick built for the brachiosaurus, then surely the only thing that could work would be a moulded head. And if that's the case, the ppp ratio seems way off, and too far the other way.

For display sets, I prefer brick built, but it would be a poor idea for a playset, and likely spoil the consistency.

40 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Please don't tell me it's a 4+ set

What else would the 4+ that's right there mean? :jollyroger:

3 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

4+ sets have terrible PpP ratios like that.

But to be fair, all the ratios this wave are terrible. I mean not even 700 pieces for 120€? 

7 hours ago, Ravenclaw62442 said:

3 moulded raptors would be the best deal out there if that's what you mean :head_back:, the price of 35€ is fine with me.

7 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

I couldn't have said it better myself, the Visitor Center set being 12+ and not 18+ really boggles me, who would pay 120 balls for a set which doesn't even include any new species?

Just hoping that Rexy and the raptors will have their accurate movie colours, but hey atleast we won't be seeing a third brick-built Rexy. :hmpf:

4+ sets have terrible PpP ratios like that.

But to be fair, all the ratios this wave are terrible. I mean not even 700 pieces for 120€? 

Haven't Jurassic sets always been like that? Lmao

6 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Given the price and piece count for the brachiosaurus, I’m willing to bet at least part of it will be brick built

Now that it being fully molded is just out of the question, they really should put most of the pieces into the Brachiosaurus so it comes somewhat near a fair size and not into side-builds, except for a possible jeep of course.

That's why, albeit being a fan of the franchise, I never wanted JP or JW Lego Sets, just license-free Dino Sets. The moulds already bump up the price and in combination with the jurassic license we have ridiculous pricetags since the beginning.

I really like many of the sets (or at least the dinosaurs), but I never but a Set with less than 30% off the price - and it still felt expensive.

But it is as it is, I`m interested in pictures of the new wave.