Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, StegoLover said:

I feel kinda sweaty too right now, would be such a bummer if it would be discontinued. There are still a lot of things they could do, come on TLG, at least a Stegosaurus!

Agreed. There are some missing dinosaurs that we ask for: Stegosaurus, Spinosaurus, Allosaurus, Narsuoceratops, Parasaurlophus and few more. 

And I fairly agree with @Johnny1360 that the Dominion wave is pretty soli - so TLG may continue Jurassic World theme. I’m fine with any sets that are made up, based on Camp Crateous or any past JP/W movies instead of Dominion alone. But…we still don’t know about 2023. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CftvK6XIyID/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Here is the link of my first custom set based on jurassic world dominion. There will be a second set based on the movie while another is planned for Season 5 of Camp Cretaceous. Subscribe if you want to see the next ones !

23 hours ago, Bababricks said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CftvK6XIyID/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Here is the link of my first custom set based on jurassic world dominion. There will be a second set based on the movie while another is planned for Season 5 of Camp Cretaceous. Subscribe if you want to see the next ones !

Thats really cool, i like the designs especially the minifigures i think you did especially well with their designs, good job!

35 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Thats really cool, i like the designs especially the minifigures i think you did especially well with their designs, good job!

Thank you ! The figures are the easiest part of the MOC, but it takes a lot of time to choose the right hair, faces and clothes.

On 7/8/2022 at 10:34 PM, Bababricks said:

Thank you ! The figures are the easiest part of the MOC, but it takes a lot of time to choose the right hair, faces and clothes.

No worries mate, ah lol, well sometimes its the simple things that are the best, you did very well though, congrats!

Yay! The overpriced Jurassic World sets are getting price increases!

17 hours ago, Maple said:

Yay! The overpriced Jurassic World sets are getting price increases!

I was able the call the ones I wanted on sale fairly early, but it is awful that these sets that already border on extremely overpriced are getting increases just 4 months after release. I find it really surprising that these sets and others like the new Star Wars sets were not revealed with the new price tags attached from the get-go.

On 7/12/2022 at 10:26 AM, CodFather1 said:

I was able the call the ones I wanted on sale fairly early, but it is awful that these sets that already border on extremely overpriced are getting increases just 4 months after release. I find it really surprising that these sets and others like the new Star Wars sets were not revealed with the new price tags attached from the get-go.

Same here! I don't get what LEGO is doing. The Jurassic World sets are at least only like 12% increases, but why not just do this right away? We knew of the price increases since before the JW3 set releases. 

On 7/14/2022 at 2:39 AM, Maple said:

but why not just do this right away? We knew of the price increases since before the JW3 set releases. 

Maybe because the prices and the sets were already made in 2020 before the price increase because they we're delayed, and they couldn't change it since they were older sets? But i'm not sure

Edited by StegoLover

On 7/15/2022 at 7:13 AM, StegoLover said:

Maybe because the prices and the sets were already made in 2020 before the price increase because they we're delayed, and they couldn't change it since they were older sets? But i'm not sure

But LEGO is changing the prices of the sets 3-4 months after release. It's not like they are the old Jurassic World sets and need to increase because of inflation. It's not even on all the sets.

15 hours ago, The_Chosen_1 said:

Do we know which sets are getting price increases?

The whole wave after some time, I think.

Edited by StegoLover

Can we get a new spino? JP3 is my least favorite of the trilogy, but the Spinosaurus was a great 'villian' pick.

On 7/25/2022 at 10:35 PM, Time77 said:

Can we get a new spino? JP3 is my least favorite of the trilogy, but the Spinosaurus was a great 'villian' pick.

We don’t know if we will get Spinosaurus (and new speices) next year….

But yes, Spinosaurus is such cool! Thanks to Giganotosaurus’ body, it may be possible for us to get Spinosaurus but there is no info about next year yet. 

So after watching the final season of Camp Cretateous(I won't spoil anything but I thought it was pretty good and the ending was perfect imo), I decided to go back and re-watch the series again(well seasons 1-3) and man, I really hope this theme continues and we can get some sets based on different seasons of the show. There is so much set potential and so many dinos they could do and I desperately want a LEGO adult Bumpy! It wouldn't be hard for them to do, as I've said in the past, I'd be perfectly satisfied with a straight recolor of the existing Ankylosaurus mold just with some different printing on the face. Maybe put her in a season 3 inspired set(by far the best season imho), throw in variants of a couple other campers, have the build be their tree house that they built(yes we kinda got that in the 4+ set buy that was a 4+ set), make it a showdown set with the Scorpius Rex. The Scorpius would also be easy for them to do, just basically use the Indoraptor body and legs with the new Indominus Rex arms, and give us a new mold for the head, they can even recycle the Carnotaurus' bottom jaw and *boom*, there you go. A new tail piece for it with the spines would be great too but I could easily see them skimping on that.

The ruins of the Jurassic Park visitor's center would also be an awesome basis for a set, maybe throw in the other Scorpius Rex and Blue with a couple of the other campers, maybe a Compy or 2 and there you go. Heck, watching the scenes of the kids using the vending machine and old scaffolding to evade Blue in season 3 made me really wish we could get a Skywalker Saga-esque video game treatment for the Jurassic franchise some day, especially now that the JW trilogy is complete and we have a complete 5 season series for them to base levels and characters on too. Overall, the show wasn't perfect but I thoroughly enjoyed it and the dinos and characters in it and I really hope LEGO gives us at least one or 2 sets next year inspired by the show. Whatever it takes to get adult Bumpy and wild Ben in LEGO form, I'll take it!

Edited by ToaDraco

I agree with @ToaDraco. On what he said.

and I sure hope are a few updated molds for dinos like I-rex got new arms in 2020. 

And i don’t mind we would have make-up sets with some cool dinosaurs in them.

17 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I agree with @ToaDraco. On what he said.

and I sure hope are a few updated molds for dinos like I-rex got new arms in 2020. 

And i don’t mind we would have make-up sets with some cool dinosaurs in them.

I just hope the theme continues still, I mean, it should hopefully, Star Wars and Harry Potter still get sets made and they are as popular as Jurassic Park, Star Wars might be more popular though tbh lol

10 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I just hope the theme continues still, I mean, it should hopefully, Star Wars and Harry Potter still get sets made and they are as popular as Jurassic Park, Star Wars might be more popular though tbh lol

Yeah. Star Wars has so many movies and tv shows. Harry Potter has Fantastic Beasts prequels, just that’s it. 

After the 2015 wave, it took about three years for us to wait for another wave until 2018 (than ks to Fallen Kindom). Also, this them probably had a new direction - we had LEGO Jurasic World tv show to continue this theme. Now we  Cretaceous tv show and Dominon.

And….2023? It’s just a dreadful uncertainty. :/ I think TLG could remake some Jurassic Park / World sets? Like Harry Potter and Star Wars do with remakes.

On 8/11/2022 at 8:18 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yeah. Star Wars has so many movies and tv shows. Harry Potter has Fantastic Beasts prequels, just that’s it. 

After the 2015 wave, it took about three years for us to wait for another wave until 2018 (than ks to Fallen Kindom). Also, this them probably had a new direction - we had LEGO Jurasic World tv show to continue this theme. Now we  Cretaceous tv show and Dominon.

And….2023? It’s just a dreadful uncertainty. :/ I think TLG could remake some Jurassic Park / World sets? Like Harry Potter and Star Wars do with remakes.

Yeah, the future of Lego Jurassic World is uncertain but that doesn't mean we have lost all hope, like you've stated there was a 3 year gap in between 2015-2018 so perhaps the same may happen again if theres ever another Jurassic Park film which I would assume is likely considering how much money they make, but it's all in the air at the moment unfortunately so we'll have to see

On 8/12/2022 at 10:19 AM, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah, the future of Lego Jurassic World is uncertain but that doesn't mean we have lost all hope, like you've stated there was a 3 year gap in between 2015-2018 so perhaps the same may happen again if theres ever another Jurassic Park film which I would assume is likely considering how much money they make, but it's all in the air at the moment unfortunately so we'll have to see

I guess an unlicensed adventure theme that relates to dinosaurs may do fine if thee would be no Jurassic World sets next year or 2024. 

Hard to believe they would end the only theme that offers dinosaurs, as eternally popular as they seem to be. It would be equally weird to get the same dino molds in some other theme. I do believe they can and likely will just skip a year or two between waves, unless for some reason the whole theme becomes hugely popular. I just feel like there will always be a dino set on the shelf.

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

Hard to believe they would end the only theme that offers dinosaurs, as eternally popular as they seem to be. It would be equally weird to get the same dino molds in some other theme. I do believe they can and likely will just skip a year or two between waves, unless for some reason the whole theme becomes hugely popular. I just feel like there will always be a dino set on the shelf.

I do not think it’s that weird if they use same dino molds. I would think it’s cool if they recolor these molds.

Before we have Jurasic World theme in 2015, there was an unlicensed theme Dino Attack (I think that’s the name?) in 2012. Then these molds were carried into the license theme. Just new colors.

if they decide to skip 1 or 2 years, I’m pretty sure they would use same dino molds later. 

But yeah, I see what you mean.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

I know there's a lot of doom and gloom about whether or not this theme is continuing but I'm personally not too worried. We've been explicitly told time and again that Dominion is far from the end of the franchise, just the end of the JW trilogy. Aside from there being a TON of sets they could make that would sell very well based on scenes from past movies and Camp Cretateous, strong rumors and leaks suggest there are several new series in the works both live action and animated. They might take a break from doing movies for a couple years but there will be no shortage of content for sets to be based on. On top of that, I recall shortly before the pandemic LEGO signed some sort of deal with Universal regarding their IPs and possible future LEGO movies. At the time I think there was some talk about a LEGO Jurassic World movie or possible more of the animated projects like on Netflix. Honestly I'm a bit disappointed we haven't had any more Legends of Isla Nublar type content, my family loves that show.

Edited by ToaDraco

On 8/19/2022 at 4:01 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I guess an unlicensed adventure theme that relates to dinosaurs may do fine if thee would be no Jurassic World sets next year or 2024. 

Ah yeah, the return of Lego Dino would be so cool haha