Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

This looks absolutely fantastic.

Giganotosaurus is simply perfect. One of the best dinosaurs LEGO has ever made, if not the best.

Therizinosaurus is amazing. The hands where the claws are clipped don't look good tho.

The builds look good enough too. Big fan of the watchtower. 

I love it lol, and the Giganotosaurus can show us how Lego could make species like Spinosaurus and Stegosaurus, with no studs lol.

31 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I love it lol, and the Giganotosaurus can show us how Lego could make species like Spinosaurus and Stegosaurus, with no studs lol.

I preer Spinosaurus first sorry dude! But if Lego do make Stegosaurus first, well, take my flithy money!

I mean Stegosaurus parts need some time for some time but we will see. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah my immediate thought was "wow, replace the head with the Baryonyx's and you have yourself a Spinosaurus!" That's absolutely what I think LEGO will do. Stegosaurus will require a lot more effort but I do hope it has some studs at least. For something like Giga or Spino, I fully expected LEGO to slap a new spine piece onto the T-Rex or Indominus body, not make a whole new body mold.

I do hope we got some more Camp Cretateous sets, I really want an adult Bumpy and wild Ben. I doubt they'd remold the Ankylosaurus slightly to give her the signature small horn but it would be great if they did.

Edited by ToaDraco

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Yeah my immediate thought was "wow, replace the head with the Baryonyx's and you have yourself a Spinosaurus!" That's absolutely what I think LEGO will do. Stegosaurus will require a lot more effort but I do hope it has some studs at least. For something like Giga or Spino, I fully expected LEGO to slap a new spine piece onto the T-Rex or Indominus body, not make a whole new body mold.

I do hope we got some more Camp Cretateous sets, I really want an adult Bumpy and wild Ben. I doubt they'd remold the Ankylosaurus slightly to give her the signature small horn but it would be great if they did.

I don't think that the head of the Baryonyx is proportionate to the large carnivore body type the Gigantosaurus uses. It just looks too small. correct me if I am wrong though, as I do not own the baryonyx mould, though I do own to Indoraptor.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

I hope not. 
I’d rather see JP, JP:TLW and JP3 sets. 

There is so much material and many great set-pieces from those films that could be mined into great playsets.

15 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

I hope not. 

There is so much material and many great set-pieces from those films that could be mined into great playsets.

Well considering that JP has its 30th anniversary next year, I'm willing to believe we will get at least a couple of sets, maybe even some from TLW and JP3. Providing, of course, that Lego respects the anniversary, unlike with Attack of the Clones.

Edited by CodFather1
Additional comment

2 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

Well considering that JP has its 30th anniversary next year, I'm willing to believe we will get at least a couple of sets, maybe even some from TLW and JP3. Providing, of course, that Lego respects the anniversary, unlike with Attack of the Clones.

We are getting AoTC sets this year tho.

3 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

I don't think that the head of the Baryonyx is proportionate to the large carnivore body type the Gigantosaurus uses. It just looks too small. correct me if I am wrong though, as I do not own the baryonyx mould, though I do own to Indoraptor.

I don't have a Baryonyx yet either so I'm not sure tbh.

3 hours ago, ChrisW said:

I hope not. 

Why not both? I'm not asking for a whole wave, just at least one set with grown-up Bumpy and Ben.

We will have so many new dinosaur molds this year. This is so cool. I like the idea of a watchtower.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We are getting AoTC sets this year tho.

Yes, a grand total of 3 of them, 4 if we're lucky. Also, one of them isn't even a full set(40558).

43 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

Yes, a grand total of 3 of them, 4 if we're lucky. Also, one of them isn't even a full set(40558).

What did you expect? That's more than we got in the last ten years combined.

1 hour ago, CodFather1 said:

So far, only two are actually confirmed (40558 & 75333). 75337 could go in multiple directions. Which is the fourth one? The D2C set?…yeah, not gonna happen :snicker:

B2T: Those two final dinos look absolutely fantastic! So many new moulds! :wub: I guess this is payback for 2018 :tongue:

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What did you expect? That's more than we got in the last ten years combined.

It is by no means 'more'. Equal to the last 10 years combined yes, discounting 2013. 75206, 75191, 75085 and 75309 have all come out within that time. And that is also, as BrickBob said, pretty optimistic, as the AT-TE may not be for AOTC, though I doubt it, and the D2C is probably not Geonosis Arena. To answer your question, I did not have many expectations going in, however I do think that LEGO had an opportunity that they squandered. Let's hope that that is not the case next year for Jurassic Park's Anniversary.

Now we’ve got hd pictures of all the new dinos, I’ve had a think about which ones I like the most - 

1: Giganotosaurus 

2: Pyroraptor 

3: Therazinosaurus 

4: Ghost Atrociraptor 

5: Blue’s amazing new colours 

11 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I preer Spinosaurus first sorry dude! But if Lego do make Stegosaurus first, well, take my flithy money!

I mean Stegosaurus parts need some time for some time but we will see. 

Haha yeah, I wouldn't mind either, but my favourite dinosaur is Stegosaurus so naturally I would prefer that haha.

9 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Lol I mean, no one's stopping you from doing that, though it might look a bit odd as the baryonyx's neck is a lot smaller than the big dinosaur body mold haha.

Yeah I think we were all considering that spike piece a possiblity, but luckily it's not, Lego went all out and I'm glad they did.

Adult bumpy and limbo, don't forget limbo haha. (Also Scorpios Rex)

4 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Now we’ve got hd pictures of all the new dinos, I’ve had a think about which ones I like the most - 

1: Giganotosaurus 

2: Pyroraptor 

3: Therazinosaurus 

4: Ghost Atrociraptor 

5: Blue’s amazing new colours 

Good choices lol

Btw guys, not only is this set the first to have 2 new species (pointed out by someone else, sorry I forgot who) but this is the first ever time that a dinosaur has reused a head mold of a different species. Fairly certain that's Indominus's head

8 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Btw guys, not only is this set the first to have 2 new species (pointed out by someone else, sorry I forgot who) but this is the first ever time that a dinosaur has reused a head mold of a different species. Fairly certain that's Indominus's head

I was comparing different pictures this morning, that’s definitely the Indominus head! It still looks good tho 

So that means the set has 4 new molds: Giga’s body, Therazinosaurus’ head and two arms (left and right) 

That spine looks way too big compared to pics of the Giganotosaurus from the movie. I suspect they’ve exaggerated it for potential Spino reuse 

2 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

It is by no means 'more'. Equal to the last 10 years combined yes, discounting 2013. 75206, 75191, 75085 and 75309 have all come out within that time. And that is also, as BrickBob said, pretty optimistic, as the AT-TE may not be for AOTC, though I doubt it, and the D2C is probably not Geonosis Arena. To answer your question, I did not have many expectations going in, however I do think that LEGO had an opportunity that they squandered. Let's hope that that is not the case next year for Jurassic Park's Anniversary.

The thing is, LEGO never celebrates anniversaries of movies. They just don't. 

So the fact that we're getting AoTC sets is a miracle in itself. Sure, they aren't officially celebrating it, but they did more than they've ever done.

1 hour ago, AxolotlPlays said:

What about the trike set in the wave that clearly represents a nausutoceratops but they didn’t want to make a new head mould

12 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

What about the trike set in the wave that clearly represents a nausutoceratops but they didn’t want to make a new head mould

Doesn't change the fact that it's a Triceratops. 

52 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The thing is, LEGO never celebrates anniversaries of movies. They just don't. 

So the fact that we're getting AoTC sets is a miracle in itself. Sure, they aren't officially celebrating it, but they did more than they've ever done.

While it is more an exception to the rule, they have done it before. (looking at you, 40th anniversary for Empire Strikes Back). I especially think they would make an exception for a movie as iconic and loved as Jurassic Park.

1 hour ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I was comparing different pictures this morning, that’s definitely the Indominus head! It still looks good tho 

So that means the set has 4 new molds: Giga’s body, Therazinosaurus’ head and two arms (left and right) 

Oh ok cool, thanks for checking! Yeah, and then the other molds being, Pyroraptor body, Atrociraptor Body, Quetzalcoatlus body, jaw and 2 wings, Velociraptor Beta mold. So in total 11 new molds for prehistoric creatures! Pretty cool.

1 hour ago, Whovastron said:

That spine looks way too big compared to pics of the Giganotosaurus from the movie. I suspect they’ve exaggerated it for potential Spino reuse 

Eh, I mean I guess it kindoff resembles the sail of Jurassic Park's Spinosaurus, but I don't think it would work all that well. But who knows, like someone mentioned earlier, someone will probably put the Baryonyx's head onto the Giganotosaurus's body

25 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

Well I mean, yeah it represents a Nausutoceratops but it's called a Triceratops, so it technically isn't counted as a new species, like THELEGOBATMAN has stated, doesn't change the fact it's a Triceratops. 

Good point though, I keep forgetting about the triceratops set haha

Edited by AxolotlPlays