Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, StegoLover said:

Another thing, this doesn't really have to do with anything I guess, but this is my list that I want to share of dinos I would really like to see in the near future:

Ceratosaurus: This one would be cool, but Lego needs to make a smaller body piece for carnivores who aren't that big as Rexy, like Carnotaurus

Allosaurus: Same thing as with the Ceratosaurus, smaller body piece, new head

Spinosaurus: This one shouldn't be too hard to make. He would look the same as in the game

Scorpius Rex: This devil-looking monster would be cool to see in a new CC wave.

Baryonyx and Indoraptor: these two are very oversized compared to dinos like Triceratops and T. rex. I actually think Lego should downsize most of the parts they have

Carnotaurus: This one is way too oversized and wasn't even close to having the same size as Rexy, and as I mentioned before, there isn't a body piece for smaller Carnivores and this would really come in handy for future carnivores. Lego could also (if they have the budget) make a new head piece because the one we have now isn't very accurate.

Personally I view the Indoraptor / Baryonyx body piece as the mid-sized therapod piece - and I think it would work for Allosaurus and Carnotaurus too. 

I actually really like my 2019 Baryonyx, especially it’s size, so I think the current scale is perfect for that species. And although they’re not my favourite, I’m a fan of Carnotaurus’ role as a light, fast-moving predator so I would like to see Lego change its size in a future set, like how they changed Dilophosaurus, 

Also for what it’s worth, I’d like to make the prediction now that, despite the spikes on its back, the Baryonyx body piece will be used for Therazinosaurus too, making it another mid-sized Lego therapod:tongue:

Edited by Darth Shadowthrone

4 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also for what it’s worth, I’d like to make the prediction now that, despite the spikes on its back, the Baryonyx body piece will be used for Therazinosaurus too, making it another mid-sized Lego therapod:tongue:

Yeah I have a feeling Lego might do this if Therizinosaurus actually is in the set, but who knows lol

Do we suspect there with be a Jurassic World GWP this year, or would that already have a set number?

2 hours ago, kram847 said:

Do we suspect there with be a Jurassic World GWP this year, or would that already have a set number?

No I don’t think so. I mean we are wiating for one un-revealed set (76949). There is a rumor it will have Giganotosaurus in it. 

Other than foil pack, I don’t think I heard anything about GWP. 

That looks to be a flame-orange baby raptor, very nice! I can’t wait to see it in more detail to see the printing. 

I’m glad I’m not the only one who collects baby raptors :laugh:. There’s loads of Lego Jurassic world magazines in the uk do it’s been quite easy for me to get all but the grey version of baby blue - I imagine as well as being a gwp, this will also be attached to a magazine at some point. 

Also imagine if that website had been our first glimpse of the Giga set? We’ll have to all keep our eyes leaked to see if anyone breaks that embargo- my guess is it’ll be either an early reviewer or the set will just turn up in a shop somewhere  

On 3/8/2022 at 1:48 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

@StegoLover, no, just no. Not that Scorpius Rex… I don’t want to see more hybrids. I’m fine with I-rex and I-raptor but NOT S-rex. 

On other hands, I 100% agree with your list!

Lol

On 3/8/2022 at 2:04 PM, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I think it could kinda fit, but on the other hand, Therizinosaurus walks pretty straight and you would easily see the Lego sign on his belly :head_back:

23 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

I knew it lol, thanks for sharing!

Looks cool, like a new area of the black markets in malta

I don't care about that minifig, but the build is looking good! Now we have 3 Malta sets to combine.

11 minutes ago, StegoLover said:

Lol

I think it could kinda fit, but on the other hand, Therizinosaurus walks pretty straight and you would easily see the Lego sign on his belly :head_back:

I don't care about that minifig, but the build is looking good! Now we have 3 Malta sets to combine.

Haha I wouldn't mind any new species, including the Scorpios (assuming the theme continues of course)

Well I mean, tiny writing on the body is harder to see than the big Lego studs on the opposite side lol 

Yeah, although I would be lying if I didn't say that I think the polybags build somewhat resembles a very downscaled version of the auction conveyor belt thing in lockwoods manor.

Also, anyone notice Barry's absence? He was confirmed to be in the movie from that image of him and Owen on a boat in Malta, but is very noticeable missing from the wave, maybe he will be in another Malta set with the other two Atrociraptors just like the 2015 wave haha, wishful thinking

2 hours ago, williejm said:

Oh, I assumed the polybag would use the *new* bigger baby raptor… 

I do hope that new mold won’t just be used for Beta, but it might be like the flying Hedwig mold where it will be used with other colours and prints in a year or 2 

4 hours ago, williejm said:

Oh, I assumed the polybag would use the *new* bigger baby raptor… 

You know what they say about what happens when you assume...

Do we know for sure that the set will be released on April 17th because they could release it after the movie is released so that the end is not spoiled 

Also does anyone have any ideas for a mock on Jurassic park 2 that isn’t San Diego 

44 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

Do we know for sure that the set will be released on April 17th because they could release it after the movie is released so that the end is not spoiled 

Also does anyone have any ideas for a mock on Jurassic park 2 that isn’t San Diego 

I also wonder that 

The mobile lab, the game trail, the worker village?

1 hour ago, Koolkoalas said:

I don’t know when it will be revealed. 

Did Fallwen Kingdom sets get FULLY reveled months before the movie’s release day? If so, then it’s what @sebastian666 said in his post a few previous pages. 

On 3/1/2022 at 8:41 AM, sebastian666 said:

Will the rumored Gigantosaurus set release with all the other sets in April? If so, I don’t understand why folks keep thinking LEGO is waiting to reveal it so as not to spoil the movie plot. The movie comes out on June 10. I’m sure they are just waiting to reveal it for marketing purposes to coincide with some other big final marketing / merchandising pushes for the movie. These sets rarely if ever reveal major plot points to movies that haven’t already been revealed in trailers. 

I definitely think the Giga set is like jabba’s palace in the recent Star Wars wave - no spoilers but it was meant to be a secret so that it could be revealed at a significant time. 

My best bet is that Lego didn’t want to reveal all their sets, and new dinos, all at once - we already saw a staggered reveal between 3 sets and then the others. I think we will see it before the end of the month :sweet:

7 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I definitely think the Giga set is like jabba’s palace in the recent Star Wars wave - no spoilers but it was meant to be a secret so that it could be revealed at a significant time. 

My best bet is that Lego didn’t want to reveal all their sets, and new dinos, all at once - we already saw a staggered reveal between 3 sets and then the others. I think we will see it before the end of the month :sweet:

good point, lets hope that's the case lol

2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

the worker village?

Ooooo I love that idea you could have 2 scenarios the one with the trex and the one where the herbivores get released 

13 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

Ooooo I love that idea you could have 2 scenarios the one with the trex and the one where the herbivores get released 

Yeah, although you're describing the Ingen base camp which I totally forgot about haha, the worker villiage was near the end of the film where nick van owen called an emergency rescue and where the tiger raptors attacked our protagonists 

3 hours ago, Koolkoalas said:

We do.

3 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

The mobile lab, the game trail, the worker village?

At least, I had no idea what is a worker’s village but then I remembered that raptors’ attack scenery in that a brand one village, lol. 

Game trail? Are you talking about capturing dinosaurs scenery in Lost World? Like hunters captured Parasaurlophus for example?

So I'm definitely buying the Pyroraptor & Dilophosaurus Transport and T. rex Breakout sets. Those are must-buys for me (although I might buy the latter later on a discount).

Then I have two options for the others: either the Quetzalcoatlus Plane Ambush, or Atrociraptor Dinosaur: Bike Chase and Blue & Beta Velociraptor Capture.

The price is the same for both options, so that's not an issue. Plane set has more main characters and gives me a bigger variety of builds and dinosaurs, while smaller sets give me more minifigs, more dinosaurs (even tho nearly all of them are raptors), and Blue & Beta.

Which set(s) do you guys think I should buy?