Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Yeah, I'm not sure if the Visitor Center will have a brickbuilt T. rex. 

After all, it would be just like the one we got only this year, right? That would be pretty pointless.

12 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

I’ve been away for a while can someone tell me what’s happening like is there a new wave or some Mocs?

We just talked about new sets like one page ago. So no i’ts not MOCs.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

OMG THERES GONNA BE A BRACHIOSAURUS WHAT!!!!!AND THE VISITOR CENTRE WTF THIS IS AWESOME!!!

now I wanna see a spino and stego and mosasaurs all updated cause then it is perfect

Edited by Koolkoalas

I feel like Brachiosaurs is only the new dinosaur that we never got before in the original Jurassic Park movie since we already got Velociraptor, Tyrannosaurus rex, Dilophosaurus, Tricertops, and Gallimimus in the past that may show up in the next wave. I’m saying that i feel like there are no update molds for these existing dinosaur parts.

Plus, Visitor Center set may have another brick-buildable T-rex. 

I really don’t know if we would get Parasaurolophus since it was seen briefly in that movie. 

So… I am hoping Brachiosaurus may get its own molds. Of course, i am trying to get my hope low but I really don’t like brick-buildable creatures at all. 

18 hours ago, strangely said:

I'm really looking forward to this wave, it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

I'm hoping we get a new Velociraptor mold at a small scale (similar to the Atrociraptor, though I'd also be okay with them just recoloring that mould). I'd also like to see some updates to characters for better accuracy, including hat/hair mold for Alan, accurate hair for Ellie, hat/hair combo for Lex and dual molded short legs for Tim.

I'm most looking forward to the Visitor Center. Being an 18+ set I'm guessing it'll just be a diorama of the main rotunda with the stairs, murals, fossils and the banner. However I'm kind of hoping they include the front doors and some of the facade around it.

Apparently they're doing a hat/hair combo for Indy 5. If that's true, there's hope they might have done it for Alan Grant also. I'm definitely wanting this too.

31 minutes ago, snoozle said:

Apparently they're doing a hat/hair combo for Indy 5. If that's true, there's hope they might have done it for Alan Grant also. I'm definitely wanting this too.

Agreed. It’s long overdue for a hat+hair piece for any male characters. That Indy hat would be very useful for Alan Grant and adventure MOCs. 

I would hope and expect the T-Rex in the Visitor's Center would be the molded T-Rex but given that it's apparently 18+, it's possible it's brick built. My biggest concern with this set is that because it's an 18+ set it's just going to be a display model of Rexy and the banner falling with a thin facade of the i side of the visitor's center and not much else. If it wasn't an 18+ set I would expect the exterior of the visitor's center with thin interior space festuring a few rooms from the film like the kitchen and lab, a molded T-Rex, a raptor, 7 or so figures and a couple of smaller builds.

13 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I feel like Brachiosaurs is only the new dinosaur that we never got before in the original Jurassic Park movie since we already got Velociraptor, Tyrannosaurus rex, Dilophosaurus, Tricertops, and Gallimimus in the past that may show up in the next wave. I’m saying that i feel like there are no update molds for these existing dinosaur parts.

Plus, Visitor Center set may have another brick-buildable T-rex. 

I really don’t know if we would get Parasaurolophus since it was seen briefly in that movie. 

Well, Pyroraptor only appeared for like 3 minutes in Dominion, and Para is probably one of the better known dinosaurs, and given the fact that he had quite a larger 'role' in TLW and dominion, it could be a very good guess that he could be coming in a future JP set since he is also the only dino missing from that movie, and otherwise I think it would be a missed opportunity.

If it does include another brick-built Mama Rexy I'm probably just gonna keep the pieces, lol

I really hope some exclusive minifigs from 2019's Gate set won't stay exclusive anymore, and maybe a bit updated with new heads or torso variations, a new Nedry or Hammond would be very nice (and Gennaro?). A hat/hair combo for Grant sounds lovely, and maybe a new updated hat for him being tan coloured with the brown stripe around it?

8 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I would hope and expect the T-Rex in the Visitor's Center would be the molded T-Rex but given that it's apparently 18+, it's possible it's brick built. My biggest concern with this set is that because it's an 18+ set it's just going to be a display model of Rexy and the banner falling with a thin facade of the i side of the visitor's center and not much else. 

That does actually sound pretty logical, and I don't think that's a good thing.. It would be a nice addition if it included the banner and a part of the entrance or something.

Edited by StegoLover

9 hours ago, StegoLover said:

Well, Pyroraptor only appeared for like 3 minutes in Dominion, and Para is probably one of the better known dinosaurs, and given the fact that he had quite a larger 'role' in TLW and dominion, it could be a very good guess that he could be coming in a future JP set since he is also the only dino missing from that movie, and otherwise I think it would be a missed opportunity.

I really hope some exclusive minifigs from 2019's Gate set won't stay exclusive anymore, and maybe a bit updated with new heads or torso variations, a new Nedry or Hammond would be very nice (and Gennaro?). A hat/hair combo for Grant sounds lovely, and maybe a new updated hat for him being tan coloured with the brown stripe around it?

We will see. :) I mean, yeah Para is missed out along with other speices we have been asking for. 

Speaking of Hammond, I would love to see his amber-tipped cane. 

There more I think about it, the more I think there's a chance we might get a moulded Brachiosaur. TLG must surely be aware that there is a demand for it. As far as I know it's the only main dino (well, apart from Stego, Spino and Parasaurolophus) that hasn't been made from the original trilogy, and it certainly is one of the most important and iconic from the first classic movie. And the one set that did have a brick-built T-rex recently, was an 18+ set, with a dinosaur that had already had many iterations of moulded interpretations (same mould, I know, but with many different paint jobs). A moulded Brachio would be a bigger hit with most kids too, I imagine - also meaning bigger sales numbers. It better matches the LEGO dinos people already have and the one that has been represented in the LEGO games - the model even exists already. I believe the main cost of this set to be the Brachio, then 2 or 3 minifigs and a simple version of the car. That's the scene. I don't know if they'll include the tree from which the Brachio tears a leaf from or not. Trying not to get my hopes up too much here (haha, I'm fooling myself), but logically I do think there's a chance we might get this. Fingers crossed.

Edited by snoozle

12 hours ago, StegoLover said:

A new hat/hair combo is already rumored for the new Indiana Jones sets. I think we'll definitely see it used for the Jurassic Park anniversary sets as well.

This 2023 Lego Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary wave sounds so bloody amazing! I am so hyped and always think about it, its just laying at the back of my mind lol, anyways, i feel as though i'd like to share my initial thoughts about each of these sets!

76957 - The Velociraptor Escape ~ $35 (USD)

This set is interesting, to me it has a more than one possibility of what it could be based off of (I would also like to make a guess that this set is 4+, usually the set numbers are in chronological order of price, however this one costs more then the following set so judging by past set releases of my knowledge, I'd like to say this could be a Juniors set, however 76961 is mentioned as 18+ so that does contraire my predictment, but I digress): 

- The Prologue Scene: Could include Robert Muldoon, Geoffrey (Believe that is the correct spelling), the Big One, Transport Cage and possibly a Forklift. 

- The Maintenence Shed: Could include Ellie Sattler, Robert Muldoon, a Velociraptor, a (compromised) building of the Maintenence Shed, perhaps the outside with that iconic door and on the otherside a small section of the power grid and such where Ellie is tasked to reset the electric grid.

- The Raptor Enclosure: I'm unsure as to if the Raptor Enclosure could be properly represented judging by the price point of this set, however this is the only real 'escape' that a Velociraptor has in the film so possibly a small section of the paddock which could have an action feature of the fence being destructed. This set could include Ellie Sattler and Robert Muldoon as well as a Velociraptor.

76958 - The Dilophosaurus Ambush ~ $20 (USD)

This one is quite obvious as it is the only scene in the movie with the named species, so I think it's quite reasonable to assume that this set is definitely going to be based off Denis (Dennis?) Nedry's death scene and will probably include the following; Denis Nedry, Dilophosaurus, Jeep Wrangler (Rain cover version) and possibly some terrain however considering the price, I don't believe it will come with anything more than the figures and a vehicle.

76959 - The Search for the Triceratops ~ $50 (USD)

This set will most likely be based off of the only scene with a Triceratops in the movie, so logically it would include a Triceratops, and then im unsure as to what they choose to include, possibly Gerry (Jerry? Actually I'm not even sure if that's his characters name lol) Harding and his Jeep, alongside a selection of the cast, I think the most likely candidate would be Ellie Sattler judging by her prominance in this scene, her 'tenaciousness' lol, which TLG might include as it is technically not the first time feces has been made in a Lego set, even for the Jurassic World theme by 1 brick lol. 

The set may include 1 or more figures judging by the price so possibly Donald Gennaro, depending on if he is included in the next set, possibly a good way to insentivise people to collect the expensive sets to have the whole cast (also could be a tiny factor to have the Brachiosaurus be moulded rather than brickbuilt, however to me that is merely a thought and no further entertained as I am wholeheartedly convinced that the Brachiosaurus will be brickbuilt, and honestly, I'm fine with that, being realistic, i cant be disappointed and if it turns out that Lego created giant molds for a more consistent Lego Dinosaur figure then that would be amazing, however I just don't believe that is the case.)

76960 - The Discovery of the Brachiosaurus ~ $80 (USD)

This set is the most exciting and interesting for me as it has my curiosity peaked and my previous beliefs dumbfounded. To explain this as best I can, I believe that this Dinosaur is too big to be produced in a moulded form alike the previous prehistoric figures released throughout the years, I never thought Lego would ever lay a finger on this species, and I wasnt a fan of the idea of Lego releasing a brick built species, but low and behold, reality shocks, and now I am to dwell on my thoughts and compose an idea on how Lego will handle this ancient behemoth. I look back at a Camp Cretaceous set, the smallest, and focus on the T.Rex skeleton, I believe Brachiosaurus will recieve the same treatment, I believe that the Brachiosaurus will have a mimimum of a head and hopefully jaw mould, maybe a part of a neck mould but then it cuts to brick, proper lego construction for the whole of the body, maybe they will make leg moulds, and podsibly a tail, but as it stands, my perspective is that I believe she will be a head and stilted up by Lego blocks. And I've come to terms with this, I believe that it is the most realistic and likely thing to occur, I think that would also consume some piece count and allow for a Jeep, maybe 2, and (depending on the ammount of vehicles) a selection of figures; Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, John Hammond (those three are the most likely I reckon), Donald Gennaro (if he is in the Triceratops set I am not sure he would be here but it depends), Ian Malcolm and the drivers of the Jeeps. The set could also include a tree but it isnt necessary. (Hopefully more info is revealed soon, I suppose the unveil of the piece counts would immediately tell how the Brachiosaurus will be made, so looking forward to that)

76961 - Visitor Centre: Attack of the T.Rex (18+) ~ $120 (USD)

This set sounds grand, it's very nice to finally have this iconic structure made into Lego, despite the forseeable constraints that it probably won't be a full set but rather a facade judging by the price, however it is cool nonetheless and I am excited to see how detailed this build will be. This set will probably be a facade of the final scene of the film where the Tyrannosaurus breaks into the Vistors Centre and saves the cast from 2 vicous Velociraptors, it could have Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, Lex and Tim Murphy, as well as John Hammond and Ian Malcolm.

Hopefully everything is all nice, I wonder if the Dinosaurs would be brickbuilt or not, I'm honestly not sure. Logically since its a display piece it would be brickbuilt to remain consistent to the other 18+ Jurassic Park set so the T.Rex and Velociraptors would also be brick built, though considering the price, it also lines up quite nicely to last years Giganotosaurus vs Therizinosaurus set which had a similar price and for the same size of specially molded Dinosaur parts that could also align for this set. Though only time will tell, all I hope is that it looks nice and quality and sells well so that it tells Lego what the fans want!

I am very intreguied to see this exciting and long overdue wave of classic Jurassic Park Lego sets, make room and arrange the funeral for your wallets, because this wave will leave a dent, a good dent of course! I am very glad to see TLG making these sets after all these years but it's better late then never, hopefully this wave is successful and embarks TLG to create further waves of original trilogy sets, I and all of you would absolutely love to see TLW and JP3 realised in Lego, they have been quite neglected. Anyways, apologies if this was too large, but I thank those who were dedicated and read though this novel lol, I hope my thoughts were useful for your own adaptations and I would love to read your guys' thoughts on the sets and their contents! Till next time, have a good one!

@AxolotlPlays, nice sepcautions you have, although there are no piece counts available it seems. We don’t know how many pieces Brachiosaurs would get or a brick-uildable T-rex would be included in Visitor Center set. 

And I bet there would be a praymid of poop included a Triceratops set, lol. Joke aside, we will see!

4 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

76960 - The Discovery of the Brachiosaurus ~ $80 (USD)

This set is the most exciting and interesting for me as it has my curiosity peaked and my previous beliefs dumbfounded. To explain this as best I can, I believe that this Dinosaur is too big to be produced in a moulded form alike the previous prehistoric figures released throughout the years, I never thought Lego would ever lay a finger on this species, and I wasnt a fan of the idea of Lego releasing a brick built species, but low and behold, reality shocks, and now I am to dwell on my thoughts and compose an idea on how Lego will handle this ancient behemoth. I look back at a Camp Cretaceous set, the smallest, and focus on the T.Rex skeleton, I believe Brachiosaurus will recieve the same treatment, I believe that the Brachiosaurus will have a mimimum of a head and hopefully jaw mould, maybe a part of a neck mould but then it cuts to brick, proper lego construction for the whole of the body, maybe they will make leg moulds, and podsibly a tail, but as it stands, my perspective is that I believe she will be a head and stilted up by Lego blocks. And I've come to terms with this, I believe that it is the most realistic and likely thing to occur, I think that would also consume some piece count and allow for a Jeep, maybe 2, and (depending on the ammount of vehicles) a selection of figures; Alan Grant, Ellie Sattler, John Hammond (those three are the most likely I reckon), Donald Gennaro (if he is in the Triceratops set I am not sure he would be here but it depends), Ian Malcolm and the drivers of the Jeeps. The set could also include a tree but it isnt necessary. (Hopefully more info is revealed soon, I suppose the unveil of the piece counts would immediately tell how the Brachiosaurus will be made, so looking forward to that)

I don't expect TLG to make a moulded Brachiosaur at the correct relative size to the other dinos. A fair bit larger than the T-rex for sure. The legs will need to be a bit longer than Rex's, the neck long of course, probably split in two parts. But the main bulk will be the body. Yet this doesn't have to be ridiculously large, or as large as shown in the LEGO games for instance. I don't feel the mass has to be that of the full sized Brachio. They can easily get away with scaling it down a bit and still make it work. Anyway, we'll see soon enough. I'm actually hoping we'll get both brick built and moulded down the line, so that everyone gets what they want, despite what comes first this time around. :classic:

1 hour ago, snoozle said:

I don't expect TLG to make a moulded Brachiosaur at the correct relative size to the other dinos. A fair bit larger than the T-rex for sure. The legs will need to be a bit longer than Rex's, the neck long of course, probably split in two parts. But the main bulk will be the body. Yet this doesn't have to be ridiculously large, or as large as shown in the LEGO games for instance. I don't feel the mass has to be that of the full sized Brachio. They can easily get away with scaling it down a bit and still make it work. Anyway, we'll see soon enough. I'm actually hoping we'll get both brick built and moulded down the line, so that everyone gets what they want, despite what comes first this time around. :classic:

Yeah. And Lucca’s artworks are fanatasic and quite realistic. I rmemeber i saw two of these depict Brachiosaurus and Aptocosaurus.they ae pretty easy to make. 

So we will see about Brachiosaurus’s actual design soon. 

21 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

@AxolotlPlays, nice sepcautions you have, although there are no piece counts available it seems. We don’t know how many pieces Brachiosaurs would get or a brick-uildable T-rex would be included in Visitor Center set. 

And I bet there would be a praymid of poop included a Triceratops set, lol. Joke aside, we will see!

Cheers, haha yeah, piece counts would've been lovely to have, very intrigued to know what these sets are, they just completely consume my mind lol. Also since I made that I saw a video and just something about the creators attitude and confidence in hopes for a moulded Brachiosaur has convinced me a little (he is usually quite pessimistic), though I still don't want to get my hopes up lol, I won't mind a brick built dinosaur (with exception to its head) but I would prefer it to be moulded; alike majority of you guys I would assume. 
If we just make some predictions but also like budget lol; (comparing to the dilophosaurus set which includes basically the exact same vehicle plus extras, the vehicle should take up like majority, ill say like $10-15. Then i will make a guess that the minifigure should only cost like $1-2) (Also, again, i am no expert on this, just a VERY rough estimate, call it ball park lol, perhaps someone more knowledgeable about Lego production costs can create a more accurate estimation, however this is fine as just a fun little prediction, also it's in USD)
Jeep Wrangler (Assuming only 1 vehicle): ~$15
Figures (Assuming a minimum of 3): ~$6
Possible side builds (such as a tree): (A total guess here but I can't imagine that it costs too much as the tree in the scene is quite thin so the parts used wouldn't be too substantial) ~$10
Brachiosaurus: $80-(15+6+10)=$59 which would lead me to believe that quite a significant portion of the price of this set is left for the Brachiosaurus, aka, it could be fully or majority moulded.

This probably isnt very accurate at all and is in no way evidence of anything, but its nice to see that quite a significant amount of the price is left for the Brachiosaurus (Considering not much else could be put in here if Lego goes strictly by the movie scene) - However, double the price of vehicles and figures if a second jeep and additional characters are included which is the following: $80-($30+$12+$10)=$28, which this would leave me to believe the Brachiosaurus is brickbuilt based of the amount, a little for a head mould and then the rest for bricks to build. Please critique me where you guys see fit, however I was just curious as to what budgeting for possible contents would lead to and i dont think im too far off but at the same time i have no idea lol, lemme know your thoughts

As for the Visitors Centre set, all i hope is that it looks nice, its a display piece so that's its main job right?
Haha, well I suppose we could get an interesting variant for Ellie lol

18 hours ago, snoozle said:

Yeah, of course it won't be the colossal bloody thing from the game haha, but a fairly sized Brachiosaurus is expected for sure, I suppose its very likely to be the new largest Lego prehistoric species now, or just biggest out of all creatures in the Lego portfolio, though I'm unsure, not my expertise lol. Exciting nonetheless.

Also, wasn't there a mark-up for all Lego RRP's from next year going forward? I think it might have been for licensed themes but either way it would still apply to this theme and therefore would affect our predictions for this wave? I can't exactly remember and not sure how substantial the increase actually is, if there even is at all?

So with the new Ninjago sets being revealed, Kai's mech and bike set features a brand new claw piece for the fingers on the mech. I have a veeerrry strong feeling we will be seeing those in the Jurassic Park sets next year.

2 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

I know an adult parasaurolophus would be a bit too costly to put in one of the existing sets, but what are the chances of a baby para instead?

It wouldn't really fit into any of the sets from this upcoming wave, but never say never! If it moves sets, I'm sure Lego could find a way to make it work.

On 11/30/2022 at 4:06 PM, AxolotlPlays said:

This probably isnt very accurate at all and is in no way evidence of anything, but its nice to see that quite a significant amount of the price is left for the Brachiosaurus (Considering not much else could be put in here if Lego goes strictly by the movie scene) - However, double the price of vehicles and figures if a second jeep and additional characters are included which is the following: $80-($30+$12+$10)=$28, which this would leave me to believe the Brachiosaurus is brickbuilt based of the amount, a little for a head mould and then the rest for bricks to build. Please critique me where you guys see fit, however I was just curious as to what budgeting for possible contents would lead to and i dont think im too far off but at the same time i have no idea lol, lemme know your thoughts

I love how smart you thought this through since these speculations/predictions sound very accurate and fair enough. I also like how devoted you are in your posts and you actually got me slightly more exited about this particular one! 

I assume we'll get Gennaro in at least one of the sets (this one probably having the biggest chance) and I really hope Hammond makes a comeback with maybe an updated cane with a little ambered bug printed on the translusive piece at the top

12 minutes ago, StegoLover said:

I love how smart you thought this through since these speculations/predictions sound very accurate and fair enough. I also like how devoted you are in your posts and you actually got me slightly more exited about this particular one! 

I assume we'll get Gennaro in at least one of the sets (this one probably having the biggest chance) and I really hope Hammond makes a comeback with maybe an updated cane with a little ambered bug printed on the translusive piece at the top

Thank you! :)

I was curious as to if we could try and predict the money to content ratio to try and see if there was space for our dreams, probably reaching quite a bit though I don't think it's impossible to do lol

This Brachiosaurus set and the specific figure of Robert Muldoon are completely stuck on my mind and they just occupy me everywhere, its a nice reminder of whats to come, but with no news, the anticipation is just killing me haha, happens every year but I am just so excited to see these sets, it truly is a dream wave, I'm so glad and grateful TLG decided to continue this theme, hopefully for the forseeable future past 2023, but we'll see (I would die if we got a Lost World wave next year lol 😂). Also for the time being, I would prefer to keep my mind focused on this new wave. I keep imagining 2 things in particular, 1, a giant body mould for the brachiosaurus, like its just a big clump of plastic and it has the holes for legs etc and 2, i imagine a zoom-in on the box for a set with Robert Muldoons minifigure in a running position and hes surrounded by very vibrant foliage.

I would consider myself a creative person so this is no shock for me but the excitement i find from imagining this stuff is just so, bliss i suppose, its wholesome in a way, but then its painful from the very long anticipation, i wanna see these sets so badly lol

Yeah, I am excited to see the minifigures, I bet my bottom dollar (those who know lol) Gennaro is either in the Brachiosaurus set or the Triceratops set. John Hammond HAS to be in the Brachiosaurus set, maybe the Visitors Centre one too, but a new amber moulded cane would be nice, the brick built one from the 2019 D2C was alright but I would've prefered an actual 'mosquito' print (if my memory serves me correct it was just a plain transparent orange piece) (Also fun fact, the insect used for the prop of John Hammonds cane was not a mosquito but in fact a cane fly i believe, due to sizing reasons, a mosquito would be too small to see on film lol)

I wonder if we'll get any collectable thing across this wave, like how i think Harry Potter's 20th year anniversary wave had golden minifigures; could lego jurassic park have something similar to that? maybe like a golden velociraptor which has parts throughout all the sets and you need to get them all to fully build it, something like that would be cool lol

Also now i reckon the triceratops set will probably just have the ford explorers, or at least one as it was in the scene, plus im not sure what else they could include in the set. Also just because we got them this year doesnt mean we cant get them again, its a special 30th year anniversary, it would be like a missed opportunity for something so iconic right?

On 12/18/2022 at 2:24 PM, AxolotlPlays said:

I wonder if we'll get any collectable thing across this wave, like how i think Harry Potter's 20th year anniversary wave had golden minifigures; could lego jurassic park have something similar to that? maybe like a golden velociraptor which has parts throughout all the sets and you need to get them all to fully build it, something like that would be cool lol

That sounds really awesome, would love to see them doing something like that since it would definitely raise the popularity, although I hope we'll finally get an accurately sized raptor mold.

We'll probably be seeing the 2 ford explorers, one being in the Trike and one in the visitor center set, my guess is that they'd include some vegetation in the Trike one, or hopefully the iconic pile of shit Sattler took a dive in. Though we'll just have to wait and see when the reveals will be

I've been thinking about the Brachio ever since the set name leaks, and I realised that TLG probably doesn't have a single way of reusing any molds from the past, because of it's mass, which would make it the second dino with all-new molds, after the indoraptor

Edited by StegoLover