Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Is there someone who fixed the second car from 76956 JP T-Rex breakout?

Thought someone did... Maybe with a partlist on what you need to fix the second upside down car, and make it proper.

We are finally getting a brachiosaurus! It's happening!

The set names sound so good. The prices almost feel too little to do the scenes justice, so I hope it's all OK and not a lost opportunity. Really looking forward to hearing more about them.

This is a dream wave! Literally, all of these sets that people have suggested in this thread. It kinda feels.too good to be true but I'll take it! The prices don't dound bad either, of course we won't know intil we see the sets. The Brachiosaurus set by far has me the most excited and for $80 I basically expect a brick-built Brachiosaurus as the only build in the set with a brand new mold(or set of molds for top and bottom jaw) along with minifigs of Allen Grant and Ellie Sattler. 

26 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

I wonder if the Velociraptor set will use the Atrociraptor mold since it's more minifig-scale

I doubt it, the body shape isn't right. If anything, we could get a new mold around the same size but I don't know if they'd do that this late in the game. The existing raptor is oversized but it's at least articulated and with all the raptors we've had until now, I don't really want them to start over and make it harder to integrate all the existing raptors in a display.

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

This is a dream wave! Literally, all of these sets that people have suggested in this thread. It kinda feels.too good to be true but I'll take it! The prices don't dound bad either, of course we won't know intil we see the sets. The Brachiosaurus set by far has me the most excited and for $80 I basically expect a brick-built Brachiosaurus as the only build in the set with a brand new mold(or set of molds for top and bottom jaw) along with minifigs of Allen Grant and Ellie Sattler. 

I love these news! And finally we get a Brachio. But I have to say, if it´s brick built I don´t want it. It NEEDS to be molded. I love the t-rex breakout, but not the t-rex in it. I´ve put my original molded one in the set instead, fits so much better. To me, if it´s not molded, it´s kinda pointless… I feel like now is the time. They´re finally rolling out all these sets based on the original movie. They KNOW a lot of fans want the molded dinos. If they don´t do it now, they´ll never do it… But if they do…my wallet´s gonna bleed next year lol…. For why get just 1 molded Brachio, if you can get 2. Or 3…

Edited by snoozle

11 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

I wonder if the Velociraptor set will use the Atrociraptor mold since it's more minifig-scale

Agreed.

How can we know if Brachiosaurus is molded or brick-built?

11 hours ago, snoozle said:

I love these news! And finally we get a Brachio. But I have to say, if it´s brick built I don´t want it. It NEEDS to be molded. I love the t-rex breakout, but not the t-rex in it. I´ve put my original molded one in the set instead, fits so much better. To me, if it´s not molded, it´s kinda pointless… I feel like now is the time. They´re finally rolling out all these sets based on the original movie. They KNOW a lot of fans want the molded dinos. If they don´t do it now, they´ll never do it… But if they do…my wallet´s gonna bleed next year lol…. For why get just 1 molded Brachio, if you can get 2. Or 3…

Agreed. I’m not a huge fan of brick-buildable creatures like that T-rex and Ninjago dragons. I absolutely love collecting molded creatures like Thersials, Fawkes, crocodile, Gigantosaurus, toucan, foal. Yeah,I like molded creatures from fantasy, ordinary and prehistoric themes!

Just checked insta for leaks and oooo boy, that list made me so excited! FINALLY Visitor Center AND Brachiosaurus! Fingers crossed all the dinos will be molded - and they should be considering it looks to be a normal, albeit anniversary wave. Slightly disappointing the Visitor Center most likely won't be a full building, but a diorama of the finale doesn't sound bad at all. Can't wait to see them, hopefully this wave will launch in March-April, I don't think I can wait until summer :laugh:

That’s an amazing set list! An entire wave of JP sets is exactly what I was hoping for and the fact we’re FINALLY getting a Brachiosaurus made my day! :wub:

The only aspect I’m not so thrilled about is the inclusion of the T-Tex in the Visitor Center. Since it’s an 18+ set, it has to be another diorama, which means it’s the second brick-built Roberta in a row :tongue:

16 hours ago, snoozle said:

While I too prefer molded creatures, given the price of the set and the size the Brachiosaurus needs to be, that's probably out of the question and we all need to start accepting that we aren't going to be getting a gigantic molded Brachiosaurus made of like 6 humongous chunks of plastic. I trust that they can make a brick-built Brachiosaurus look good with new specialized molds for the head. 

Link? Website, anyone? But for the record, this is sounding exiting.

I have literally no words for the Brachio coming next year, my hands are literally shaking right now even though it will probably be brick-built lol.

Also, I was kinda hoping for a molded Parasaurolophus to be coming in a smaller set to be honest, but it doesn't matter anymore, because of what I've heard this wave has succeeded beyond my expectations, thank you TLG!

Edited by StegoLover

33 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

While I too prefer molded creatures, given the price of the set and the size the Brachiosaurus needs to be, that's probably out of the question and we all need to start accepting that we aren't going to be getting a gigantic molded Brachiosaurus made of like 6 humongous chunks of plastic. I trust that they can make a brick-built Brachiosaurus look good with new specialized molds for the head. 

We don't know the piece count yet, the price is 80 but it could be like 300-400 pieces and half of the budget going to the brachio molds. I guess once the piece count is leaked we'll know for sure.

BTW, what's with the set name, "The discovery of the brachiosaurus"? We all know it should be " Welcome to Jurassic Park!"

Color me extremely excited!! If we’re indeed getting a whole wave from the original film, I’ll be absolutely mind-blown.

Incredibly hyped for these new sets! Glad to see an entire wave dedicated to the original film. I'm especially looking forward to how the Visitor Center will turn out.

21 hours ago, snoozle said:

I'm probably one of the few, but I really like the brick built dinosaurs when at a sensible scale. The T-Rex breakout was probably about as small as you can go for it to be brick built, but personally I love it. However, I can see that moulded is better for consistency, as anything smaller would look really bad. But the brachiosaurus could still look great brick built. Either way, excited to get it!

14 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder if a Gallimimus will make it somewhere into the wave.  It'd be a shame if that one set from 2020 is the only time we get a Gallimimus.

I've been buying those sets whenever I find them cheap. The rest of the build isn't great, but I've got five of them now and just part out the rest. One day I'll create a vignette of the flocking this way scene. Love that one!

8 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

Am I the only one a bit disappointed in the price tag for Visitor’s Centre? I was hoping for a $ 2-300 set. 

Me too. As much as it's nice not to spend loads on LEGO, there's definitely a balance between price and doing the set justice. I hope it works out well.

I'm really looking forward to this wave, it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

I'm hoping we get a new Velociraptor mold at a small scale (similar to the Atrociraptor, though I'd also be okay with them just recoloring that mould). I'd also like to see some updates to characters for better accuracy, including hat/hair mold for Alan, accurate hair for Ellie, hat/hair combo for Lex and dual molded short legs for Tim.

I'm most looking forward to the Visitor Center. Being an 18+ set I'm guessing it'll just be a diorama of the main rotunda with the stairs, murals, fossils and the banner. However I'm kind of hoping they include the front doors and some of the facade around it.

Edited by strangely

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That’s an amazing set list! An entire wave of JP sets is exactly what I was hoping for and the fact we’re FINALLY getting a Brachiosaurus made my day! :wub:

The only aspect I’m not so thrilled about is the inclusion of the T-Tex in the Visitor Center. Since it’s an 18+ set, it has to be another diorama, which means it’s the second brick-built Roberta in a row :tongue:

Visitor Center t-rex can join brick-buildable T-rex club now with Gate and Breakout T-rexes.