Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

21 hours ago, StegoLover said:

A skull? Where did you see that?

Nevermind, it's next to Wu's desk. :facepalm:

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I 100% agree with this, it's the best new dino mold imo but Ankylosaurus is also my favorite dinosaur so I'm a bit biased.

The hollow head is definitely the worst part about it, I feel like there could have been a better comrpomise.

The only two things I didn't like was the hollow and non-articulating head, such a shame for such a majestic and big dino

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Yeah I agree and honestly I'm totally fine with that. We know by now how LEGO likes to reuse dino molds whenever possible and this would certainly be the least egregious thing they could do. It would be a lot of expense and effort on their part just to create a new mold with one horn slightly smaller.

I think that isn't a good example, because it's such a small one-piece mold, so that wouldn't obviously make any sense at all. But they they literally re-did the whole Dilphosaurus and made 2 all-new molds for him, I guess it shouldn't be too hard to modificate such a big part for the Ankylo. Besides, you could say they changed the T. rex body mold to have spikes on the top for the Indominus.

6 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Unrelated to Lego, but you guys should definitely check out this website, its official

https://www.dinotracker.com/

So dope! I hope they will continue developing this app because it looks so cool and I see it having a lot of potential

Edited by StegoLover

Ankylosaurus is not the only one with hollow head. Eeyore from Pooh the Winnie set also has a hollow hea. 

They both look little weird with hole under their jaws.  They look like there are black holes sucking somehting or they are Dementors in disguise. Oh well….

Edited by DBlegonerd7

16 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ankylosaurus is not the only one with hollow head. Eeyore from Pooh the Winnie set also has a hollow hea. 

They both look little weird with hole under their jaws.  They look like there are black holes sucking somehting or they are Dementors in disguise. Oh well….

Yeah ok, but common Lego dogs have a whole hollow underbelly and even the legs so that's nothing new..

2 hours ago, StegoLover said:

Yeah ok, but common Lego dogs have a whole hollow underbelly and even the legs so that's nothing new..

Yeah. But these “common” dogs are SMALL so it’s little difficult to relate a mold from outside. Ankylosaurus is LARGE. So it’s quite different.. 

On the bright, I do love Ankylosaurus’ mold and its functional tail. I could see why it has hollow body and stiff neck for that tail functionality. But how comes it doesn’t come with potable jaw like T-rex, Pyroraptor, Pterandon, Quetalcoatlus, Gallimimus, etc. I am pretty sure I answer my own quesiton - Gallimimus, Dilophosaurus, and ratpor speices do share a same potable jaw piece while T-rex has its own jaw piece. And Giganotosaurus and Indrominius rex share this jaw piece. But what kind of speices would Ankylosaurus share a jaw piece with? I dunno….

:classic: But I’m still fine with Club the Ankylosaurus! Sorry if I sound like I make a big deal out of this but i just wondered aloud.  

Edited by DBlegonerd7

I would point out that the Cerberus head mold from the HP range also has a hollow head. I think it reduces the cost of legos. On this, let's close the parenthesis on the hollow molds.

1 minute ago, Bababricks said:

I would point out that the Cerberus head mold from the HP range also has a hollow head. I think it reduces the cost of legos. On this, let's close the parenthesis on the hollow molds.

Which one? Cerebeus from 2001 or 2021? I never owned Fluffy from 2021 but I do one fro 2001. I think you make a fiar point. 

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

On the bright, I do love Ankylosaurus’ mold and its functional tail. I could see why it has hollow body and stiff neck for that tail functionality. But how comes it doesn’t come with potable jaw like T-rex, Pyroraptor, Pterandon, Quetalcoatlus, Gallimimus, etc.

Well, it's kinda normal, because all of the herbivores 'till now don't have a seperate moveable jaw piece, with the Gallimimus as an exception. Besides, the mouths of herbivores are pretty small compared to the ones on most of carnivores, so I think it isn't necessary and that Lego wouldn't even consider making those herbivore mouth pieces. 

18 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Which one? Cerebeus from 2001 or 2021? I never owned Fluffy from 2021 but I do one fro 2001. I think you make a fiar point. 

The 2021 version.

2 hours ago, Bababricks said:

The 2021 version.

Well, just like Ninjgao dragons, that’s a brick-built Cerebeus… So it’s not exactly counted as a “molded creature”. Here, we talked about molded creatures, not brick-built ones. 

Sure, Ankylosaurus does have some bricks / tiles to assemble it but it’s still considered as “molded”.

Just pointing out. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

I’m going to say for last time regarding herbivore with jaw piece - I think it’s best for herbivores to have possible jaws. Sure, carnivores are VERY popular throughout Jurasic Park franchise. But I feel like herbivores ae “overwahlemed” by big star carnivores, in my honest opinion. Ankylosaurus with possible jaw to hide its hollow head would be neat. I’m totally fine with Triceratops’ beaks - it does have a slightly opened beaked mouth. I would understand it may be unnecessary for TLG to create a jaw piece for herbivores alone (it would be bummer for me). 

Now apart from waht I said above, I kinda hope we would get more herbivores (other than Triceratop & Ankylosaurus). It’s hard to foresee at this point.

Ok — before you could object about jaw piece, I will say no more. 

23 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Now apart from waht I said above, I kinda hope we would get more herbivores (other than Triceratop & Ankylosaurus). It’s hard to foresee at this point.

I guess I’m less worried about the snapping jaws, and more would like to see us getting some more veggie-sauruses. I would expect the Ankylosaur to show up again now that they have the moulds. I also think that Stegosaurus and Parasaurolophus have strong potential to show up sometime - as they are very recognisable and popular. 

Also - we already have the Stygimoloch and Theraziniosaurus, which it’s easy to forget are herbivores. 

Edited by williejm

4 hours ago, williejm said:

I guess I’m less worried about the snapping jaws, and more would like to see us getting some more veggie-sauruses. I would expect the Ankylosaur to show up again now that they have the moulds. I also think that Stegosaurus and Parasaurophus have strong potential to show up sometime - as they are very recognisable and popular. 

I think that if we are lucky, we will get the Stego next year (if the theme continues), since the sets could be based on anything.

I think that the Brachiosaurus is a must-have too, although they would probably downscale it, and I think this one could have likely a seperate jaw piece as seen in the videogame.

4 hours ago, williejm said:

Also - we already have the Stygimoloch and Theraziniosaurus, which it’s easy to forget are herbivores. 

True, some people don't even realise that Theri is a hebrivore

9 hours ago, williejm said:

I guess I’m less worried about the snapping jaws, and more would like to see us getting some more veggie-sauruses. I would expect the Ankylosaur to show up again now that they have the moulds. I also think that Stegosaurus and Parasaurophus have strong potential to show up sometime - as they are very recognisable and popular. 

Yeah, I would love to see Parasaaurophus - it is one of my favorite herbivores next to Triceratops and Brachiosaurus.

I think Brachiosaurus in its baby or teenage form would do great. I jus t don’t want to see Brachiosaurus to be brick-built…

Ah yes, you made an excellent about Theraziniosaurus and Stygimoloch! How could i forget about Therizinosaurus?!

13 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yeah, I would love to see Parasaaurophus - it is one of my favorite herbivores next to Triceratops and Brachiosaurus.

I think Brachiosaurus in its baby or teenage form would do great. I jus t don’t want to see Brachiosaurus to be brick-built…

Ah yes, you made an excellent about Theraziniosaurus and Stygimoloch! How could i forget about Therizinosaurus?!

Unfortunately, I think that the only way lego would ever make a Brachiosaurus would be if it was brick-built in an 18+ set like what we got earlier for the T-rex earlier in April. Also, I don't think that lego would ever design a child version of a species they never planned to make a full sized mold of. it just doesn't seem like something they would do. We only got a baby ankylosaurus at the same time as the adult version, and the Triceratops took years. The adult versions clearly take precedent, and as much as I would love a Brachiosaurus or a Mosasaurus, I just don't see them being produced.

5 hours ago, CodFather1 said:

Unfortunately, I think that the only way lego would ever make a Brachiosaurus would be if it was brick-built in an 18+ set like what we got earlier for the T-rex earlier in April. Also, I don't think that lego would ever design a child version of a species they never planned to make a full sized mold of. it just doesn't seem like something they would do. We only got a baby ankylosaurus at the same time as the adult version, and the Triceratops took years. The adult versions clearly take precedent, and as much as I would love a Brachiosaurus or a Mosasaurus, I just don't see them being produced.

First of all, it’s my personal preference, not yours. Sure, a colossal Brachisoaurus would be impossible to be made out of molds. It would make a lot of sense for a 18+ diorama. But it’s not totally for me when it comes to brickbuild creatures. I am skipping T-rex Breakout diorama. 

ISecondly, you can keep that doubt but I truly believe that TLG is 100% unprecitable. We never saw that T-rex breakout with Ford Explorers coming up. Sure, it takes some time but I’m quite optimistic about it. :) 

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

First of all, it’s my personal preference, not yours. Sure, a colossal Brachisoaurus would be impossible to be made out of molds. It would make a lot of sense for a 18+ diorama. But it’s not totally for me when it comes to brickbuild creatures. I am skipping T-rex Breakout diorama. 

ISecondly, you can keep that doubt but I truly believe that TLG is 100% unprecitable. We never saw that T-rex breakout with Ford Explorers coming up. Sure, it takes some time but I’m quite optimistic about it. :) 

Since when was it not my preference to have molded dinosaurs. It's only with Ninjago that I have the preference of brick-built creatures. I am also skipping the T-rex breakout, just like I did with the giant Gate. Also, Lego is not unpredictable. They are a company and will go where the money goes. It's just that we as consumers do not always have access to were the money is.

The Giga set pretty great! I've seen a ton of hate going towards both the Giga and therizinosaurus, but there are only some small inaccuracies, which are acceptable. The builds really do lack tho. The builds have nothing wrong with them, but doesn't feel like a $130 set. And here in Canada, the price is just ridiculous at $169.99. This set should have been the same price as the Indoraptor and I.rex breakout sets. But for two big (and brand new) dinos, i'm fairly happy. I've already purchased the Quet. and small atrociraptor sets, and they are excellent!

Bought the Carnotaurus Set (37€) and the Giga Set (100€).

Still expensive, but at those prices... well, I was finally able to justify the purchase.

My first Lego Dinos in the last 15 years. :D

5 hours ago, neithan said:

My first Lego Dinos in the last 15 years. :D

Congrats on getting first dinos after 15 years!! :D

9 hours ago, neithan said:

Bought the Carnotaurus Set (37€) and the Giga Set (100€).

Carnotaurus set? The last Carno set we've got was from last year, and that one sure wasn't 37€

Also, you guys know a cool concept i've been thinking about? Hologram dinosaurs. I know it may sound ridiculous and almost impossible to make because of the sizes, but I think it would be incredibly dope and worth it, I had in mind that they could just use all of the normal pieces for the dinos but making it like those Lego Harry Potter animals in light blue transparent with the detailing in white.

And i've also thought about a perfect future UCS set they could come with, the visitor center in the main street of Jurassic World as they were seen there in the movie. 

Edited by StegoLover

1 hour ago, StegoLover said:

Also, you guys know a cool concept i've been thinking about? Hologram dinosaurs. I know it may sound ridiculous and almost impossible to make because of the sizes, but I think it would be incredibly dope and worth it, I had in mind that they could just use all of the normal pieces for the dinos but making it like those Lego Harry Potter animals in light blue transparent with the detailing in white.

And i've also thought about a perfect future UCS set they could come with, the visitor center in the main street of Jurassic World as they were seen there in the movie. 

I like your thought! You know dinsoaurs are different from Patronus molds - dinosaurs have many than one part while Patronuses are made out of single mold - except for that stag (it has 1x2 brick, 1x2 plate). 

I am not sure if technic pins can be visible isnide the dinosaur’s transparent body tho.  I know it’s quite opaque to see through thick body. 

But hologram versions sound really cool to me. I think they would be great for MOCs.

Or hologram dinosaurs would be used as ice sculptures. 

3 hours ago, StegoLover said:

Carnotaurus set? The last Carno set we've got was from last year, and that one sure wasn't 37€

yep, the Set from last year, bought for 36,99€.

As I wrote before, I really like most of the Sets and adore nearly all of the Dinos, but those Prices, even with all the special Moulds for the Dinos, are ridiculous! So I'm waiting for good discounts. And maybe I'll try to get some of the Dinos via bricklink, but the Prices for one Dino made out of Plastic, ouch...