Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Wow that new trailer is amazing, but it’s painfully obvious that this was what was shown to Lego when making the sets. The biosyn lab, the giga poking its head in, the red truck capturing Beta, the other pick-up getting flipped, the chase set, the £80 Trex breakout with truck (although the T-Rex has been replaced with a carnotaurus) heck even the weird helicopter with the ducted fans on outriggers show up! I guess Lego asked for a bit more marketing material to do the jeep with the pyroraptor, and to fill out the figs. 

Overall though this has got me mega hyped!

31 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Wow that new trailer is amazing, but it’s painfully obvious that this was what was shown to Lego when making the sets. The biosyn lab, the giga poking its head in, the red truck capturing Beta, the other pick-up getting flipped, the chase set, the £80 Trex breakout with truck (although the T-Rex has been replaced with a carnotaurus) heck even the weird helicopter with the ducted fans on outriggers show up! I guess Lego asked for a bit more marketing material to do the jeep with the pyroraptor, and to fill out the figs. 

Overall though this has got me mega hyped!

I thought the same. I was ticking off the sets as I was watching it!

Edited by squiz18

4 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Just curious, which local retailer did you get it from? I hope my local Target carries it.

A Polish toy retailer, SMYK.

19 hours ago, squiz18 said:

I thought the same. I was ticking off the sets as I was watching it!

Haha, i just saw the scenes and tgought, 'hey look, Lego is making more sets that are accurate to the film'. 

The T.rex Breakout is easily my favourite of the bunch :thumbup: A lot larger than I expected though! Love all the small details they included. The only major flaw are the stickered eyes. Generally I don‘t mind most stickers too much, but facial details should NEVER be realised as stickers, IMO.

Sticker issues aside, the brickbuilt T.rex does look great, but I still vastly prefer the moulded ones

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The T.rex Breakout is easily my favourite of the bunch :thumbup: A lot larger than I expected though! Love all the small details they included. The only major flaw are the stickered eyes. Generally I don‘t mind most stickers too much, but facial details should NEVER be realised as stickers, IMO.

Sticker issues aside, the brickbuilt T.rex does look great, but I still vastly prefer the moulded ones

It's even weirder, because for Love and Thunder the Goats' faces are printed, and they are two times bigger.

It might have happened because the surface of that piece isn't sleek tho. Perhaps they don't print those.

Hmm, i had a thought today, you guys know how we believe that the camp cretaceous line was supposed to be a wave 2 to the Jurassic World Dominion wave? Doesn't that sortoff indicate that they were already making more sets post-dominion? They probably made the camp cretaceous sets in 2021 to, for a lack of better words, cash in on the show while it had a peak of popularity? Seemingly with each new season (with one exception haha, but that was released after the sets were planned, produced and distributed obviously) im not sure, really the only way to find out is to wait :/

So does anyone else have issues with the printed colors on the Triceratops being different than what is on the box, on mine all the red coloring is brown and the little tan spikes around the head plate are light grey. I suppose it's normal considering it printed on dark grey, still you would think it could be better.

5 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

So does anyone else have issues with the printed colors on the Triceratops being different than what is on the box, on mine all the red coloring is brown and the little tan spikes around the head plate are light grey. I suppose it's normal considering it printed on dark grey, still you would think it could be better.

Now I can't tell if its dark brown or dark purple haha, I think it is purple, but either way yeah, the box art and other images of it show the triceratops as having a really vibrant red, which isn't the case, though in all honesty it kinda makes it look more natural which is cool. Little spikes, as you have said, are printed on a dark plastic so they suffer the same fate given to a lot of Legos minifigures.

Though while we are on the topic of the triceratops, do you think the underside of its head should have been dual molded like the other triceratops'? It being the same colour as the rest of its head and cutting off from the rest of its body which is dual-molded looks a bit strange, though it definitely isn't the worst, I think Therizinosaurus might win in that regard.

12 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I have seen a lot of reviews, and in every one it has this same issue, so you're not the only one

12 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Now I can't tell if its dark brown or dark purple haha, I think it is purple

As far as I can see, it's definitely reddish brown

12 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

\Though while we are on the topic of the triceratops, do you think the underside of its head should have been dual molded like the other triceratops'?

Don't have a big problem with that, but heck, his eyes look a bit off because all of the other big herbivores have a yellow dot in the iris and this one doesn't, I know it sounds a bit whiny but just telling, also it's a bit weird that the the first two triceratops from 2012 and 2019 both have grey horns and this one's tan

Edited by StegoLover

1 hour ago, StegoLover said:

As far as I can see, it's definitely reddish brown.

Indeed, albeit more red on the box, more brown in the box.

22 hours ago, StegoLover said:

As far as I can see, it's definitely reddish brown

Don't have a big problem with that, but heck, his eyes look a bit off because all of the other big herbivores have a yellow dot in the iris and this one doesn't, I know it sounds a bit whiny but just telling, also it's a bit weird that the the first two triceratops from 2012 and 2019 both have grey horns and this one's tan

Yeah, thats a better way to describe it haha

Huh, never noticed that, i guess thats something a lot of reprints get, eyes not staying consistent, sometimes looking a bit cartoonish like this triceratops tbh, but it isnt too bad.

Yeah lol, personally I dont mind the difference too much and honestly, probably better they went with tan rather than grey, im imagining the colours matching on the figure, grey horns looks a bit strange haha, the tan contrasts a lot better.

45 minutes ago, StegoLover said:

Nice find, but weird that it still has an Isla Nublar background lol. 

cheers, I wouldn't think too much of it, not like lego is canon haha. Though I wonder what species is hiding behind the tree in the bottom left corner? Troodon or something haha, maybe Moros Intrepidus or something dominion related. Also little easter egg, the tree on the right is from the 2020 Indominus Rex vs Ankylosaurus set

getimage.aspx?pdfdirect=DRm2feZrcyy7aB8ta5pWBA==&bibliologin=1&s=a00e7888-a4b7-4e76-95da-8e97f8793d13&cat=default&class=books&type=jpg&mode=&size=onix&id=5570

2 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Troodon or something haha, maybe Moros Intrepidus or something dominion related. Also little easter egg, the tree on the right is from the 2020 Indominus Rex vs Ankylosaurus set

getimage.aspx?pdfdirect=DRm2feZrcyy7aB8ta5pWBA==&bibliologin=1&s=a00e7888-a4b7-4e76-95da-8e97f8793d13&cat=default&class=books&type=jpg&mode=&size=onix&id=5570

Maybe a Compy? Although I don't know if they only appeared on Isla Sorna

Yeah ik, I have that set

Also, I noticed that one of the Atrociraptors is called Red (obviously not something to mention) but, in the Lego LoIN series Owen has a dog who also was called Red. Coincidence? I think not, although I don't know what it could mean.

Awkward is also that after the series he was never to be seen again (maybe eaten)

1 hour ago, StegoLover said:

Maybe a Compy? Although I don't know if they only appeared on Isla Sorna

Yeah ik, I have that set

Also, I noticed that one of the Atrociraptors is called Red (obviously not something to mention) but, in the Lego LoIN series Owen has a dog who also was called Red. Coincidence? I think not, although I don't know what it could mean.

Awkward is also that after the series he was never to be seen again (maybe eaten)

Looks too bulky, though who knows.

They were on both islands, fallen kingdom they appear in a few scenes.

Its a cliché type of binary opposition to Blue, both the Lego show and Dominion have named them probably for the same reason, who knows if they were aware while naming them. In the Lego show it was probably for Owen to decide which of the pets is better, blue vs red you know. And for dominion I'm assuming they'll have a blue vs red scene or something, but that's just my guess anyways. Uh, I can't remember if red was in double trouble or not but I mean if you wanted to make them like canon for whatever reason, I guess the most logical explanation would be that it died of natural causes or as you said, had an unfortunate encounter while adventuring through an island full of dinosaurs lol, though there are other ways for it to die like falling in a pit for example, we'll just say red got reincarnated haha, get its revenge on Owen for neglecting it jk.

Edited by AxolotlPlays

Great find @AxolotlPlays! Told it would be Alan from Dominion :wink:

Can't wait to get my hands on this book and complete the main trio. Glad I bought two smaller sets instead of the Giganotosaurus one.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Can't wait to get my hands on this book and complete the main trio. Glad I bought two smaller sets instead of the Giganotosaurus one.

Sure thing

4 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Looks too bulky, though who knows.

They were on both islands, fallen kingdom they appear in a few scenes.

Its a cliché type of binary opposition to Blue, both the Lego show and Dominion have named them probably for the same reason, who knows if they were aware while naming them. In the Lego show it was probably for Owen to decide which of the pets is better, blue vs red you know. And for dominion I'm assuming they'll have a blue vs red scene or something, but that's just my guess anyways. Uh, I can't remember if red was in double trouble or not but I mean if you wanted to make them like canon for whatever reason, I guess the most logical explanation would be that it died of natural causes or as you said, had an unfortunate encounter while adventuring through an island full of dinosaurs lol, though there are other ways for it to die like falling in a pit for example, we'll just say red got reincarnated haha, get its revenge on Owen for neglecting it jk.

Lol, that battle between Blue and Red is like inevitable (much alike Star wars with the blue and red lightsabers), and we've never seen like a fight between raptors before in the franchise and I'm quite interested into seeing what could happen.

That's actually a kinda good theory you have there and maybe he just died of getting older yeah, and of course you can always theorize about the blank spots in the storyline and think about what could have happened and all that stuff

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I just got back to JW forum and saw this - i’m excited about Alan! Thankfully I bought two smaller ones too. Not interested in buying the whole Giganotosaurus set. 

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Cheers. Haha yeah you were right lol

8 hours ago, StegoLover said:

Sure thing

Lol, that battle between Blue and Red is like inevitable (much alike Star wars with the blue and red lightsabers), and we've never seen like a fight between raptors before in the franchise and I'm quite interested into seeing what could happen.

That's actually a kinda good theory you have there and maybe he just died of getting older yeah, and of course you can always theorize about the blank spots in the storyline and think about what could have happened and all that stuff

The Tiger Raptors in The Lost World had a little fight lol.

Im not really sure how they would fight though, because ive heard that blue will have a very minor role in dominion, barely in the film, also Blue is in America and the Atrociraptors are in Malta as far as im aware, so it wouldnt make sense for them to meet, however it would kindoff be a missed opportunity for a scene, especially with all the symbolic stuff, blue vs red or ingen/masrani vs biosyn, but i guess rexy and the giganotosaurus take that

The real reason would be that Red the dog was just added into the show for kids etc, again lego isnt canon to the main story so technically the dog never existed in the first place lol

8 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Cheers. Haha yeah you were right lol

The Tiger Raptors in The Lost World had a little fight lol.

Reveal hidden contents

Im not really sure how they would fight though, because ive heard that blue will have a very minor role in dominion, barely in the film, also Blue is in America and the Atrociraptors are in Malta as far as im aware, so it wouldnt make sense for them to meet, however it would kindoff be a missed opportunity for a scene, especially with all the symbolic stuff, blue vs red or ingen/masrani vs biosyn, but i guess rexy and the giganotosaurus take that

The real reason would be that Red the dog was just added into the show for kids etc, again lego isnt canon to the main story so technically the dog never existed in the first place lol

Well they could always transport the Atrociraptors to america for whatever reason

What are the best dinosaurs we get so far since 2015?

For me, it’s Quetalcoatlus, Indrominus Rex (from 2020), Gallimimus (from 2020), Pyroraptor.

15 hours ago, StegoLover said:

Well they could always transport the Atrociraptors to america for whatever reason

Eh, i dont see how they would fit that into the plot, but who knows.

11 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

What are the best dinosaurs we get so far since 2015?

For me, it’s Quetalcoatlus, Indrominus Rex (from 2020), Gallimimus (from 2020), Pyroraptor.

Umm, i dont know. By best do you mean accurate to its film appearance? And also 'since 2015', so can we list reprints from the lego dino line? And also by best would you include posability?

I would probably say same for all but swap maybe indominus for atrociraptor