Clone OPatra

Jurassic World 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

24 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Is Beta’s body the best size for “nomral” Velciraptors that Blue should use that, right 

For actual real-life velociraptors that were about waist-height, yes. 

For the Deinychus - Utahraptor size the Atrociraptor mold is probably the closest, ignoring the head 

However, I agree with what Axolotplays said earlier that there are too many 1-mold dinosaurs now, to the point that the velociraptor mold would feel like a downgrade if it was sized down and just had 2 moving parts. 

Personally, I’m fine with an overlarge raptor if it means there is still moving parts and more variety with the smaller dinos 

24 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

For actual real-life velociraptors that were about waist-height, yes. 

For the Deinychus - Utahraptor size the Atrociraptor mold is probably the closest, ignoring the head 

However, I agree with what Axolotplays said earlier that there are too many 1-mold dinosaurs now, to the point that the velociraptor mold would feel like a downgrade if it was sized down and just had 2 moving parts. 

Personally, I’m fine with an overlarge raptor if it means there is still moving parts and more variety with the smaller dinos 

You do make a good point about Velociratpor’s size in movie supposed to be Utahraptor! I guess I will buy an oversized raptor and call it “Utahraptor” while I call Beta “Velociratpor. 

And yeah I agree on the lack of moving parts if Velocriatpor’s mold gets downsized.  But I’m fine with it - I have so many small animal molds - squirrel, kitten, dog, manta ray, and ever reindeer. 

Is anyone else bothered by how inconsistent LEGO's claw and teeth printing on dinosaurs is?

Dilophosaurus has both claws and teeth printed, but Pyroraptor, which is the same size and comes in the same set, doesn't. Same for the Atrociraptors.

Giganotosaurus, T. rex and Blue have both of those printed.

Therizinosaurus has printed claws, but not its teeth.

It's pretty irritating imo.

35 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is anyone else bothered by how inconsistent LEGO's claw and teeth printing on dinosaurs is?

Dilophosaurus has both claws and teeth printed, but Pyroraptor, which is the same size and comes in the same set, doesn't. Same for the Atrociraptors.

Giganotosaurus, T. rex and Blue have both of those printed.

Therizinosaurus has printed claws, but not its teeth.

It's pretty irritating imo.

Yeah it is a bit annoying, though it could be worse, just look at mattel Jurassic World figures, almost every figure is missing claw and the back end of paint application, however they usually paint the teeth and gums well.

I got the big set and I have decided they need to make a new mould for the spino and not reuse the giga one

6 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

I got the big set and I have decided they need to make a new mould for the spino and not reuse the giga one

Nice, yeah, if the theme continues and they make a Spinosaurus, it will need a new body mold for two reasons, first off, the Giganotosaurus's spikes are rigid and look like plates rather than a flat sail, and secondly, the spikes aren't the same shape as the Jurassic Park Spinosaurus, it descends too soon for the Spinosaurus's sail.

54 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

Well, if they would resume. Giga body part for Spino, it would be more dreadful…

47 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Nice, yeah, if the theme continues and they make a Spinosaurus, it will need a new body mold for two reasons, first off, the Giganotosaurus's spikes are rigid and look like plates rather than a flat sail, and secondly, the spikes aren't the same shape as the Jurassic Park Spinosaurus, it descends too soon for the Spinosaurus's sail.

Agreed.

Wait a minute, I don’t think someone did talk about this yellow dart rifle in Triceratop Pickup Truck Ambush set. I think that dart rifle in yellow color is a first time for us to see, along with lego syringe element (in yellow)?

Oh and also the gigas body is the largest one to date which makes the giga the largest dino as its body is longer than the indominus Rex’s 

I was looking at Jay’s Brick Blog’s review on Triceratops Pickup Truck Ambush. Jay stated that the actual Triceratops’ color is completely different from the photos we saw. Interesting….

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Wait a minute, I don’t think someone did talk about this yellow dart rifle in Triceratop Pickup Truck Ambush set. I think that dart rifle in yellow color is a first time for us to see, along with lego syringe element (in yellow)?

The yellow syringe is not new, it appeared first in the Doctor Strange Sanctum Workshop and I believe it was also in the most recent Ciry Hospital.

9 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Sorry not trying to call you out specifically but I'm just curious why I keep seeing people say "if the theme continues". I did I miss a comment from LEGO about this or are people making assumptions? Dominion isn't the end of the franchise, just this trilogy with many more movies and series planned, not to mention the past films that need better set coverage. The theme seems to do very well and the franchise as a whole is in a very good place so it just confuses me why people keep saying this.

To your point about the Spino, having seen the Giga more extensively now, I have to agree that Spino needs a different mold for the spine--- now that doesn't mean LEGO is above reusing a piece that does work the best as we know from other Dinosaur examples but I think this would be too extreme of a difference from what it should look like.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

The yellow syringe is not new, it appeared first in the Doctor Strange Sanctum Workshop and I believe it was also in the most recent Ciry Hospital.

Sorry not trying to call you out specifically but I'm just curious why I keep seeing people say "if the theme continues". I did I miss a comment from LEGO about this or are people making assumptions? Dominion isn't the end of the franchise, just this trilogy with many more movies and series planned, not to mention the past films that need better set coverage. The theme seems to do very well and the franchise as a whole is in a very good place so it just confuses me why people keep saying this.

To your point about the Spino, having seen the Giga more extensively now, I have to agree that Spino needs a different mold for the spine--- now that doesn't mean LEGO is above reusing a piece that does work the best as we know from other Dinosaur examples but I think this would be too extreme of a difference from what it should look like.

We know it is not the end of the franchise. However, after Camp Cretaceous ends, there will probably be a void of Jurassic content for a while, meaning that universal might not want to continue the partnership until after new media is revealed. After all, Lego did stop producing content for Jurassic after 1 wave in 2015, only starting again for Fallen Kingdom in 2018, and then making content based of their own Jurassic mini-series in 2019-2020, then making a wave semi based on Camp Cretaceous, and finally releasing a giant wave for Dominion. Also, waves that have not released along side movies have been tiny, only 4 sets at best, and that is including 4+ sets. I have a feeling that they may not continue the partnership until after new movies are actually announced. But again, this is all just speculation.

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I was looking at Jay’s Brick Blog’s review on Triceratops Pickup Truck Ambush. Jay stated that the actual Triceratops’ color is completely different from the photos we saw. Interesting….

Kindoff, in the actual set pictures Lego has on the website, the red used is a lot more vibrant, but in the actual set it's a lot more dark almost like purple kindoff. But that dark red can be seen in those 'out of the box' pictures that Lego also released. Like the juvenile Dilophosaurus having a slightly different coloured frill to the previous 2019 one, which, as you guys know, wasn't true.

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Np, I say it when referring to the future of Lego Jurassic World because there is no evidence to say Lego is making more sets, so I just want to make sure I don't confuse anyone making them think there will be sets next year etc. But yeah what you've said are good reasons to suggest Lego could continue with the theme, so hopefully it will.

Yeah, that would be a strange looking Spinosaurus haha.

I just bought 76942 to get the Baryonyx - my first JW/JP Set from Lego and just beacuse I was able to get it at a 25% discount. I hope, this will not be my last Dino Set, but even with the knowledge that Lego is far away from being cheap, the JW were always wayyyyy to much for me price-wise. And the single dinos on bricklink didn*t seem to be that great of a deal either.

I still don't know why Lego needed the JW license to produce Dino Sets, but I have to say that most of the sets really look good.

So fingers crossed for more nice discounts, hopefully even more than 25%.

9 minutes ago, neithan said:

I just bought 76942 to get the Baryonyx - my first JW/JP Set from Lego and just beacuse I was able to get it at a 25% discount. I hope, this will not be my last Dino Set, but even with the knowledge that Lego is far away from being cheap, the JW were always wayyyyy to much for me price-wise. And the single dinos on bricklink didn*t seem to be that great of a deal either.

I still don't know why Lego needed the JW license to produce Dino Sets, but I have to say that most of the sets really look good.

So fingers crossed for more nice discounts, hopefully even more than 25%.

Nice, they are good sets, i like them. Only issue with collecting things is you lose money and more importantly, space lol. I wouldn't know, lego did do dinosaur sets before jurassic world but those were quite a while ago. Wish you luck on getting some more deals!

This is all speculative, everything I say is just speculation.

T. rex & Atrociraptor Dinosaur Breakout 76948 | Jurassic World™ | Buy  online at the Official LEGO® Shop AU

Names of all the members of the NEW "Raptor Squad" or "Atrociraptor Squad"!  - YouTube

(The spoiler tag above just has two images, one of Legos orange Atrociraptor, and the other a picture of all 4 Atrociraptors. Just contained it in a box because the image is giant.)

Judging by the image of all 4 Atrociraptors from the jigsaw puzzle we got ages ago, and with the names of them accordingly, I believe Lego has given us Tiger. Based on that its body colours match and the pattern is the same as the Lego figures with prominent brown stripes going down its body.

As for the other Atrociraptors, obviously Lego has also given us Ghost which is the only albino pack member. And Red has a sort off white mixed throughout its body, like an extremely thick stripe lol. And Panthera is mostly just a plain colour with little specs of brown throughout its body and it also has a darker stripe going along its arm.

Now I don't know about you guys but, I feel like Tiger isn't really all that important? Probably not the right word but you guys know what I mean, so why has Lego given us that one instead of the others? 

Toy evidence (Possible spoilers for Jurassic World Dominion):

Now, I think Blue vs Red is inevitable, otherwise why would they name one of the Atrociraptors Red? It's a generally accepted binary opposition to a character in the franchise. And there is an upcoming Mattel pack that softly confirms this:

JPToys - News

You can clearly see that's Blue the Velociraptor and Red the Atrociraptor, by its white-ish pattern all over its orange body. And I don't know why they would pack these two together unless they will meet in the movie, especially since if you look at other releases from Mattel that are based on movie scenes etc, they wouldn't just randomly make an entirely new pack with two figures that are getting separately released anyways, it wouldn't make any sense. So this gives us the interpretation that these two will cross paths within the movie, and with the Atrociraptors aggressive nature, I doubt the interaction would be friendly. So that means there could be quite a big scene for the movie but Lego hasn't included the correct Atrociraptor, just a random individual from the pack of Atrociraptors.

And as it would seem, another toy that suggests an interaction between Blue the Velociraptor, but this time Tiger the Atrociraptor? It is weird that this merchandise shows they are fighting, but with a different individual than what Mattel is showing. I suppose its possible there are multiple Atrociraptors, though I think the writers would go for Blue vs Red purely because of their opposing names.

unknown.png

Now shifting the topic slightly, Lego has missed more than just 2 Atrociraptors, there are missing figures for so many of the characters! Just look how many new characters there are: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8041270/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Some of them make sense like the pedestrians and guards (Though technically there are Guard minifigures). But there are a lot of characters that are named, maybe they are irrelevant characters? Like the kids running away from the locusts in the trailer.

Anyways I'm starting to get off topic, Lego has excluded main characters like the infamous Lewis Dodgson, or returning Barry Sembene, or new main characters like Ramsay Cole etc. For which those three we know are main characters but have no Lego figure for this wave? Otherwise they've just excluded them like with previous waves like the Zara, Lowery, Vivian, Benjamin Lockwood, Iris Lockwood etc (And of course the original trilogy characters) Anyone have any thoughts? Ever since people mentioned Lewis Dodgson's absence this has been on my mind and I just feel like somethings not right, Lego couldn't have forgotten these characters. I get the orange Atrociraptors all look quite similar and whatnot so people could just get multiple of them, but they aren't the same.

There's also 1 other thing that is sort off evidence but I'm not sure how to feel about it and I don't think I would count it as evidence, rather something to note: When we got those original set number leaks there was set 76952, which as we know nothing happened with and we all just dismissed it as perhaps a cancelled set or it never existed in the first place. Searching 76952 on brickset shows that there's nothing assigned to it yet as far as we are aware, but I feel its too late for a new set to exist anyways, especially considering like every set is already in stores so I suppose we'll have to see though I'm very doubtful.

20 minutes ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Reveal hidden contents

T. rex & Atrociraptor Dinosaur Breakout 76948 | Jurassic World™ | Buy  online at the Official LEGO® Shop AU

Names of all the members of the NEW "Raptor Squad" or "Atrociraptor Squad"!  - YouTube

(The spoiler tag above just has two images, one of Legos orange Atrociraptor, and the other a picture of all 4 Atrociraptors. Just contained it in a box because the image is giant.)

Judging by the image of all 4 Atrociraptors from the jigsaw puzzle we got ages ago, and with the names of them accordingly, I believe Lego has given us Tiger. Based on that its body colours match and the pattern is the same as the Lego figures with prominent brown stripes going down its body.

As for the other Atrociraptors, obviously Lego has also given us Ghost which is the only albino pack member. And Red has a sort off white mixed throughout its body, like an extremely thick stripe lol. And Panthera is mostly just a plain colour with little specs of brown throughout its body and it also has a darker stripe going along its arm.

Now I don't know about you guys but, I feel like Tiger isn't really all that important? Probably not the right word but you guys know what I mean, so why has Lego given us that one instead of the others? 

Reveal hidden contents

Now, I think Blue vs Red is inevitable, otherwise why would they name one of the Atrociraptors Red? It's a generally accepted binary opposition to a character in the franchise. And there is an upcoming Mattel pack that softly confirms this:

JPToys - News

You can clearly see that's Blue the Velociraptor and Red the Atrociraptor, by its white-ish pattern all over its orange body. And I don't know why they would pack these two together unless they will meet in the movie, especially since if you look at other releases from Mattel that are based on movie scenes etc, they wouldn't just randomly make an entirely new pack with two figures that are getting separately released anyways, it wouldn't make any sense. So this gives us the interpretation that these two will cross paths within the movie, and with the Atrociraptors aggressive nature, I doubt the interaction would be friendly. So that means there could be quite a big scene for the movie but Lego hasn't included the correct Atrociraptor, just a random individual from the pack of Atrociraptors.

And as it would seem, another toy that suggests an interaction between Blue the Velociraptor, but this time Tiger the Atrociraptor? It is weird that this merchandise shows they are fighting, but with a different individual than what Mattel is showing. I suppose its possible there are multiple Atrociraptors, though I think the writers would go for Blue vs Red purely because of their opposing names.

unknown.png

Now shifting the topic slightly, Lego has missed more than just 2 Atrociraptors, there are missing figures for so many of the characters! Just look how many new characters there are: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8041270/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Some of them make sense like the pedestrians and guards (Though technically there are Guard minifigures). But there are a lot of characters that are named, maybe they are irrelevant characters? Like the kids running away from the locusts in the trailer.

Anyways I'm starting to get off topic, Lego has excluded main characters like the infamous Lewis Dodgson, or returning Barry Sembene, or new main characters like Ramsay Cole etc. For which those three we know are main characters but have no Lego figure for this wave? Otherwise they've just excluded them like with previous waves like the Zara, Lowery, Vivian, Benjamin Lockwood, Iris Lockwood etc (And of course the original trilogy characters) Anyone have any thoughts? Ever since people mentioned Lewis Dodgson's absence this has been on my mind and I just feel like somethings not right, Lego couldn't have forgotten these characters. I get the orange Atrociraptors all look quite similar and whatnot so people could just get multiple of them, but they aren't the same.

There's also 1 other thing that is sort off evidence but I'm not sure how to feel about it and I don't think I would count it as evidence, rather something to note: When we got those original set number leaks there was set 76952, which as we know nothing happened with and we all just dismissed it as perhaps a cancelled set or it never existed in the first place. Searching 76952 on brickset shows that there's nothing assigned to it yet as far as we are aware, but I feel its too late for a new set to exist anyways, especially considering like every set is already in stores so I suppose we'll have to see though I'm very doubtful.

My guy u have written an essay about a theory

i applaud

and ur theory is probably right

also quick prediction for next years sets:

biggest one: 1 or 2 new dinos based off of one of the films

Second largest one: one new dino and one or 2 vehicles and small scenery 

smallest one: 1 medium dino or 1/2 small dinos and either scenery, building or vehicle

3 hours ago, Koolkoalas said:

My guy u have written an essay about a theory

i applaud

and ur theory is probably right

also quick prediction for next years sets:

biggest one: 1 or 2 new dinos based off of one of the films

Second largest one: one new dino and one or 2 vehicles and small scenery 

smallest one: 1 medium dino or 1/2 small dinos and either scenery, building or vehicle

Haha, cheers. I hope it is because otherwise I feel Lego has just made a giant missed opportunity of sorts. Very strange.

I mean could be anything next year, could even be nothing, guess we'll have to see what happens with the license if Lego continues with it, or discards it to megablocks lol.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

My Quetzalcoatlus set has just been delivered. Starting to build it right now.

Awesome, hope you enjoy it!

Yeah, we will know Jurasic World Dominon bring an end to a park theme era. But it also marks a new era as dinosaurs interact with humans and regular animals around the world. 

I don’t know about Camp Cretaceous’s continuity but I am pretty sure we would see another wave of CC sets next year. 

Or…If Jurasic World theme would be discontinued in a few years from now, probably we would have an in-house theme like Dino theme from 2012. Who knows…

i still think it’s weird that T-rex Breakout diorama being released this year instead of next year. 2023 will mark 30th anniveary of Jurasic Park movie but whatever. I kinda hope we would get Lab Mobile with a teenage T-rex as a diorama (it’s a bit challenging since half of the mobile was over that cliff…).

Just a wild guess. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

8 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

JPToys - News

unknown.png

I hope your theory is right, and we see a new set with smaller Blue vs Red, at $40, with some new minifigures.

Not usually a big Jurassic Park/World set collector, but the Jurassic Park T-Rex Breakout diorama was too cool to pass up. And it just arrived two days early from Target! Never got a LEGO set before its official release before.

1 hour ago, nicknack116 said:

Not usually a big Jurassic Park/World set collector, but the Jurassic Park T-Rex Breakout diorama was too cool to pass up. And it just arrived two days early from Target! Never got a LEGO set before its official release before.

Ikr neither have I 

i got the giga set early and it was the coolest thing ever knowing that you are some of the select few who have an unreleased set

hope u have fun building

17 minutes ago, Koolkoalas said:

coolest thing ever knowing that you are some of the select few who have an unreleased set

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's such a silly feeling, since everyone can get it in a couple days, but it just made my weekend.

My 7 year old has saved since Christmas for a few of the new JW sets but has decided to go with the Giganotosarus set now he's seen pictures.

We called our local store (Bristol) who confirmed they had the new sets (but would not acknowledge Giganotosaurus, oddly) but as they were shut on release day, they would not sell them until Monday 18th.

After a bit of digging, it seems it's actually out tomorrow (16th) at £114.99. Can anyone confirm? It's an hour drive but we don't want to do that for a set that as it stands, apparently doesn't officially exist!

Very strange all round, 17th for most new sets, a day which pretty much every store in the UK is shut and no deliveries, and another set which may or may not be coming out but no official word on yet.